This bothered me a lot.. SPOILERS

On 6/10/2016 at 3:54 PM, ShadowKitteh said:

Why? I explained it in my post, but here it is - " It was The Waif wearing Arya's face. Perhaps her plan was never to kill Arya, we're just led to believe that with the writing. Maybe she just planned to get her the hell away, and back home. She could threaten to kill Arya, "Passage booked. Cabin. Go the fuck home or you're dead", hence the moved up departure time."

Let me know if you're still confused.

How could she wear it? Don't they have to kill that person, remove their face and do some weird magic? So therefore.. they would have to kill arya to wear her face.. right?

SPOILERS for the next episode.. no 8 no one. I wanted to post it in this post since it's relevant. Don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler

So now that the newest episode is out.. I gotta say. Wtf. Those were serious injuries arya received. If they were just going to make it not a big deal, they should have cut it completely. I.think the way that whole scenario turned out was stupid and made no sense. Except for arya attacking the waif in the dark, that was cool. But seriously.. The waif is a faceless man right? That means she knows how to successfully kill somebody.. that was a job done sloppy in my opinion. And it was totally unbelievable that lady crane just fixed arya up. It would take weeks to recover from wounds like that.. I think they should have skipped that whole.thing, arya should have been aware of her eminent doom, she should have seen that old lady and ran away fast. They treated her stab wounds they were nothing.. It would have been different if she hadn't show up at the house of black and white totally fine.. Maybe they will fester in the.next episode.. idk it's just dumb.

On June 15, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Lady_of_the_black said:

How could she wear it? Don't they have to kill that person, remove their face and do some weird magic? So therefore.. they would have to kill arya to wear her face.. right?

In S5:10, when Jaqen drinks the poison, and "dies", Arya takes off several of his faces, and one of them was HER. Was Arya dead? No.

To me, this establishes that you don't have to be dead to have your face on the wall. Perhaps that's a price of being a Faceless Man - your living face is be used by others.

1 hour ago, ShadowKitteh said:

In S5:10, when Jaqen drinks the poison, and "dies", Arya takes off several of his faces, and one of them was HER. Was Arya dead? No.

To me, this establishes that you don't have to be dead to have your face on the wall. Perhaps that's a price of being a Faceless Man - your living face is be used by others.

Thank you for that thought! However.. 

Spoilers for next episode..

Spoiler

We now know it wasn't jaqen, but it was indeed arya. What a lame scenario.. those wounds would have been mortal. They treated it like nothing! It would have taken a long time for her to heal, they rushed through that whole ordeal, and it didn't make much sense. I wish it had been jaqen, that would have made more sense to me.

Archived