Match day 1: France v Romania

Hard to see any other result but a France win here, but nerves could play a part.   Curious who starts up front for France--I guess Payet Giroud Griezmann, with Martial and Koman both likely to come on as legs get tired. That's terrifying, actually.  I'd be terrified to defend against that.  Thankfully, I don't need to this round. 

9 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

France's midfield is awesome.

Curious as to whether they'll start Giroud, or if Griezmann will go up front with one of Martial or Koman filling in in his wide spot.

Giroud's nailed on for a start. He's probably the only one guaranteed to start in that front three. If I were a betting man, I'd actually place a bet on him to be top scorer in the tournament. 

I'm excited! Football, finally. 

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

He's probably the only one guaranteed to start in that front three.

Really? I haven't been following France's buildup all that strongly, but surely Griezmann's the second name on the teamsheet (after Pogba, of course)?

39 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

Really? I haven't been following France's buildup all that strongly, but surely Griezmann's the second name on the teamsheet (after Pogba, of course)?

I was listening to the Guardian Weekly podcast and Philippe Auclair said something along the lines of what I've stated above. I just don't think he's going to play Griezmann through the middle ( wish Arsenal would buy Griezmann, tbh) 

It's time for France. For a long time the French team did not show his real class in the top-level tournaments, but now they have a phenomenal selection of young football artists, even without their attacking leader Karim Benzema. I think that France is one of the main contenders for gold in the home championship. Easy win for French team today. Want Martial to play with Griezmann

Teams have been announced:

France - Lloris, Sagna, Koscielny, Rami, Evra, Kanté, Matuidi, Pogba, Griezmann, Payet, Giroud

Romania - Tătăruşanu, Săpunaru, Grigore, Chiricheş, Raţ, Hoban, Pintilii, Stanciu, Popa, Stancu, Andone

Payet chosen as the third man in the attack. Rami the weak link in this side at centre back. Although France have a poor record in opening games, this Romania team is one of the tournament's weakest so I predict 3-0 to the hosts.

Archived