Which games to watch? (No Spoilers!)

We did this for the last Euros, and I think the last WC too.  For those of us who will be recording games for delayed viewing, please post here to recommend which game was the best each day and which weren't worth the time.  I'm not asking for an advance prediction, I'm asking based on your actual viewing pleasure immediately after the game.  This is how we can arbitrage the time lapse.  No spoilers please on why it's the best game to watch, just which one to watch.

Thanks all.

Thanks all.  So far I've watched France, England and Germany.  I'm traveling for the next couple of days.  I may be able to watch Ireland v Sweden in the morning Pacific time before my meetings, and I have Belgium v glorious Italia programmed on the DVR.  I'm guessing Spain will be a bore fest.

Keep the recs coming.  Midweek is especially when I have to make difficult choices.  The Copa games aren't slowing down just yet either. 

Thanks for the rec Zoe but with time very limited today I watched just the Copa games and was rewarded with many goals but no new upsets. 

Tomorrow I'm recording the English game and the German game.  I may not have time for both and I'm a bit biased to the former, but both should be cracking local rivalries and either or both could turn into a great game.  (Germany v Poland had an amazing game in qualifying too). 

So I'll check back here tomorrow for guidance on which watch, or whether they're both unmissable. 

On 2016-06-13 at 1:11 AM, Immobile Buffon said:

I'm traveling for the next couple of days.  I may be able to watch Ireland v Sweden in the morning Pacific time before my meetings, and I have Belgium v glorious Italia programmed on the DVR.  I'm guessing Spain will be a bore fest.

Did you watch that game? I heard it was quite boring, having only followed the game via radio myself.

14 hours ago, McBiter said:

Did you watch that game? I heard it was quite boring, having only followed the game via radio myself.

I had it on in the background as I ate breakfast, showered, etc (I was in LA at the time).  Not a great game but I'm Irish and can't help feeling a small frisson of excitement despite their generally limited play.  But in the first half the Irish pressed frenetically, moved the ball well and created some nice chances.  The pace of movement would have been more exciting on TV than radio. 

2 hours ago, Super Mario said:

Wrong competition, but can someone tell me if the USA vs Colombia game is worth catching up on when it has finished, please?

Yeah... The USA/Columbia game was June 3rd. - You can probably skip that.

The USA/Ecuador game tonight was incredible all the way through. I'd watch it.

While I thought the Italy - Belgium game was probably the best this tournament, I have to warn you not to watch Italy - Sweden.

I repeat. Do not watch Italy - Sweden, or if you feel you have to at least skip the first 87 minutes.

Archived