Euron words are wind. But winds fill sails MAJOR SPOILERS TWOW included but it's hidden

17 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

I think he'll survive since it seems like he's our eyes on Euron, who I agree seems to be the next serious antagonist or at least the next serious human antagonist. It would make a lot of sense for him to not only be a villain in the game of thrones part of the story with what he's doing now in the Reach but also a main threat in the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 part as well, which would help to tie this those two arcs together in a more satisfying way than, "The throne is mine by right, and I will never stop fighting this war until I take what is mi--...Huh, it just got dark and there's snow and it's super cold and...Holy Shit, it's an army of millions of dead people! Save us heroes from the north! We'll admit snarks were real now!"  

I've never thought of Euron as potentially being on team winter. After reading that, and a few other posts that doubt he really went to Valarya, I've gone completely tinfoil...

What if he wasn't really in Valarya, but in the far far north; recruiting-alliancing-and/or creating the WW. They haven't been awakened by some broken pact or promise, they were awakened by some huge dick going north and waking them up. 

I know, super unlikely... It's just where my brain went after reading this thread. 

2 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

I can't remember if you came up with the weirwood/shade of the evening trees being inverses of each other or were just a big part of that thread, but I'm definitely sold. It's a brilliant catch. Do you think the gifts they awaken in a drinker/consumer are somehow inverses as well? I know they both induce visions, but maybe the power is drawn from opposing sources that will influence the different users. Or not. My good speculation cap fell off a few hours ago. 

Interesting idea with the Dany sacrifice. Can't you just see her shouting her long list of titles while being tied to the prow of the ship? The most beautiful figurehead in the world could soon become one of them. Hmm...saying prow and Dany so close together brings to mind the Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire vision of the corpse standing at the prow of the ship with eyes bright in his dead face and grey lips smiling sadly (that was from memory so apologies if it's off). Was this Aeron Greyjoy all along? Is Euron really dead? So many questions!

I've also been wondering how much Pyatt Pree and the warlocks told Euron about Dany or rather how much of what she saw and heard in the HotU were they aware of to share with him. Do the Undying know what the prophecies mean/what their outcomes will be? Do they know of some power she has or think she's the savior of the world? I didn't care much for the Ironborn plot dump in AFFC, so I've never put much thought into it like Euron having other motives to want Dany besides her being a beautiful queen with a strong claim to the IT who needs Westerosi allies and also has three dragons and a big-ass army.

Of all of the HotU sequences, I always thought the dwarves one was the hardest to figure out. I've seen countless explanations and have never liked any of them. Now that these guys (who for some reason I see as angry, black-clad garden gnomes) have popped up again in Shade of the Evening induced prophetic dreams/visions, they seem a lot more significant.

This chapter has gotten me more excited than most of the others and I haven't even really read the damn thing.

Mmm no, someone else brought up the inversion in a thread I was in over a year ago. I have heavily promoted it sense then. Yeah, so the warlocks are sketchy. They didn't foresee Danny burning down the damn House of the Undying, so obviously they aren't that good at reading the prophecy. At the same time, they tried to eat Danny for her power, so their is that.

So, on the first read, I hated the Iron Born plot. The Iron Born are jerks. Asha and the reader were the only sympathetic characters. It came out of know where and threatened to mess with Danny's plot. I hated it. It was on rereading that I started to get the connections and what Euron was up to. And here, I will take credit, I was on this about a year ago pointing out that Euron was talking up Daenerys' "amethyst" eyes he was dropping bombs about gemstone eyed gods, talking a heavy anti-theist line, yet obsessing on magical power. The key to me is his description of Danny to Victarion, as a woman with "amethyst eyes" and "silver-gold" hair. This description of amethyst eyes only pops up in Danny's fever dream at the end of Game of Thrones, the myth of the Amethyst Empress in TWOIAF, and when Vic repeats it to Moqorro in Dance. My money is on the idea that in the full version of the myth, the Bloodstone Emperor, he sacrifices the Amethyst Empress after marrying her. There seems to be a pattern of wife sacrifice going on in the background mythology as in the Qartheen second moon myth and the Azor Ahai myth. Euron is trying to repeat this as a magical formula, and given that the Warlocks were trying to Danny for her power . . . .

On June 13, 2016 at 3:55 AM, joluoto2 said:

I don't Think that suit of armor actually is made of Valyrian steel. If Euron can do some magic, it may be glamour.

There's no reason why GRRM would lie to us like that. It's Valyrian steel and Euron really has been there 

And it makes sense as to why he would procure some if he was going to ride a dragon. It's probably impervious to heat. 

It also adds to Euron positioning himself as Valyria's heir. 

1 hour ago, Durran Durrandon said:

Mmm no, someone else brought up the inversion in a thread I was in over a year ago. I have heavily promoted it sense then. Yeah, so the warlocks are sketchy. They didn't foresee Danny burning down the damn House of the Undying, so obviously they aren't that good at reading the prophecy. At the same time, they tried to eat Danny for her power, so their is that.

So, on the first read, I hated the Iron Born plot. The Iron Born are jerks. Asha and the reader were the only sympathetic characters. It came out of know where and threatened to mess with Danny's plot. I hated it. It was on rereading that I started to get the connections and what Euron was up to. And here, I will take credit, I was on this about a year ago pointing out that Euron was talking up Daenerys' "amethyst" eyes he was dropping bombs about gemstone eyed gods, talking a heavy anti-theist line, yet obsessing on magical power. The key to me is his description of Danny to Victarion, as a woman with "amethyst eyes" and "silver-gold" hair. This description of amethyst eyes only pops up in Danny's fever dream at the end of Game of Thrones, the myth of the Amethyst Empress in TWOIAF, and when Vic repeats it to Moqorro in Dance. My money is on the idea that in the full version of the myth, the Bloodstone Emperor, he sacrifices the Amethyst Empress after marrying her. There seems to be a pattern of wife sacrifice going on in the background mythology as in the Qartheen second moon myth and the Azor Ahai myth. Euron is trying to repeat this as a magical formula, and given that the Warlocks were trying to Danny for her power . . . .

Bingo. Euron is the second coming of the Bloodstone Emperor. 

He even has a blood eye and is called Euron Bloodeye in Aeron's visions 

2 hours ago, Aedam Targaryen said:

I've never thought of Euron as potentially being on team winter. After reading that, and a few other posts that doubt he really went to Valarya, I've gone completely tinfoil...

What if he wasn't really in Valarya, but in the far far north; recruiting-alliancing-and/or creating the WW. They haven't been awakened by some broken pact or promise, they were awakened by some huge dick going north and waking them up. 

I know, super unlikely... It's just where my brain went after reading this thread. 

Euron is the Saruman parallel. Think Euron taking the Hightower for his Orthanc and using the glass candles/palantir to contact the Others/ Sauron

8 hours ago, sarah.jenice said:

I don't think he's got Moqorro, but I think you're right about the Dusky Woman. I think Euron is just the horn's maters. Vic can't exactly claim it from him with fire and blood - however that is even done - before he has it blown, and as Moqorro said, the horn will bind the dragons to their master seemingly whether he's around for this or not. Euron won't have to lift a finger to secure most likely both Rhaegal and Viserion or at least one of them and can just breeze into Meereen after Vic has finished all of the heavy lifting. "Thanks for taking care of getting our fleet to the other side of the world and that pesky siege and being such a laughable letdown to the queen that she actually thinks I'm a smart choice and leashing my dragons, bro. Have that Dusky Woman of yours bring us a drink...mwaaahaahaa! Yours was poison just like you said all my gifts are! Time to mark another brother off my kill list."

Maybe Vic will die roasted or even totaly melted down in his kraken armor by dragon fire once a dragon or two of them would be bind to Euron. I imagine we could see that happening from Damphair's PoV on a prowe of Silence. If Aeron lives long enough of course. Somehow, I have a feeling Aeron will see all his hopes and believe dying before himself eventualy die. He put all his hopes  in Victarion and seeing him melted down will be a final stroke for Damphair. I'm somekind of thinking Euron wants to rip apart his very soul before killing him. Maybe he kills him right after  commiting that way two huge blood sacrifices. 

Edit: In case the things would play as above, I assume before that Damphair will also testify the big blood sacrifice with all those priests, warlocks and septons Euron had captured. That could end with some Deep-ones on the shore. 

2 hours ago, Durran Durrandon said:

Now I remember why you're so familiar. I couldn't see your signature when posting from my phone, but I've read your  Amethyst Empress Reborn theory. You've really connected some interesting dots, and I could be on board with something along those lines. Thanks for sharing @Durran Durrandon!

43 minutes ago, wolfinho said:

Maybe Vic will die roasted or even totaly melted down in his kraken armor by dragon fire once a dragon or two of them would be bind to Euron. I imagine we could see that happening from Damphair's PoV on a prowe of Silence. If Aeron lives long enough of course. Somehow, I have a feeling Aeron will see all his hopes and believe dying before himself eventualy die. He put all his hopes  in Victarion and seeing him melted down will be a final stroke for Damphair. I'm somekind of thinking Euron wants to rip apart his very soul before killing him. Maybe he kills him right after  commiting that way two huge blood sacrifices. 

Edit: In case the things would play as above, I assume before that Damphair will also testify the big blood sacrifice with all those priests, warlocks and septons Euron had captured. That could end with some Deep-ones on the shore. 

If Vic gets roasted by dragonfire, I hope he has enough time to see how much being burned alive sucks before he dies. No, you do not break out in joyous song while your face is melting you jackass. 

I think you're right about Euron wanting to crush Aeron before killing him. He does seem to like his theatrics. I'm kinda hoping we get a lot more of Euron's rise to power and whatever part he plays in the wars to come through Aeron's POV. He might make it all of the way to the end tied to the prow of that ship and cursing godless men and seastone chairs and rusty hinges. 

54 minutes ago, sarah.jenice said:

If Vic gets roasted by dragonfire, I hope he has enough time to see how much being burned alive sucks before he dies. No, you do not break out in joyous song while your face is melting you jackass. 

I think you're right about Euron wanting to crush Aeron before killing him. He does seem to like his theatrics. I'm kinda hoping we get a lot more of Euron's rise to power and whatever part he plays in the wars to come through Aeron's POV. He might make it all of the way to the end tied to the prow of that ship and cursing godless men and seastone chairs and rusty hinges. 

I am almost 100 percent sure his blood sacrifices will result in something huge. At last, maybe that is also needed for binding dragons - two of his brothers for Viserion and Rhaegal. That's not problem for Euron, he is just to kill his unborn child, later probably some of born children too, all those holy men. It must take a big proportions, although - what is sacrifice for Euron? He loves only himself, if even that. There's no person in whole Planetos for whom he would grief.

And for Damphair, I predict he'll loose faith in Drowned God before he dies. He will be a witness of all fealthy, disguisting things that will just bring more and more power to Euron instead of deserved punishment . 

Archived