Euron words are wind. But winds fill sails MAJOR SPOILERS TWOW included but it's hidden

Sorry about the title I've had better but I was curious as to what you think is the reason Euron can (almost obviously) control the wind possibly not just for his ship but maybe even across very very large areas, check out TWOW spoiler if u dare. But don't open this spoiler if you aren't up to date. 

It seems Euron is delaying Redwyne fleet coming around Dorne and seems to know Oldtown ships coming up the mander. Euron is gathering a crap load of different religion's priests. Is he making blood sacrifices to all the gods "just in case" or is he torturing a priest from each religion so that many different religions "followers" and priests will proclaim him King. Obviously Euron is not religious so it's a very odd move IMHO.... SIDE-NOTE Euron might have a VS suit of armor. Had to say that. 1 more thing Euron is such a jerk for asking if Aeron was praying it was him or urri. And that "you know about being taken from behind remark Euron said to Aeron was so so so cruel. Euron really did it

:( 

1 minute ago, Sullen said:

My personal belief is that he's simply a dick.

After all, septons and drowned men have never really shown any magic proclivity. 

If I had to bet this is my opinion as well. Euron loves control of others (torture,rape,naked serving girls at shields, even banging Vic's wife) and the only reasonable explanation is that he "gets off on it" Otherwise you just can't be THAT cruel.

So yeah I believe he's just what you said. Exactly what u said 

Anybody who combines imagery from all the religions of Man (the Old Gods are excluded from this) they are attempting to harness the psychic power of a unified human gestalt. The Faceless men, the Dosh Kaleen, and now Euron all do this.

I think all the priests etc are just blood sacrifices, I don't think their religion really matters.  I also don't think there's any evidence Euron delayed the redwyn fleet, just the natural currents of the world.  That being said, the worlocks in qarth offer Danaerys a drink that would allow her to see air currents they claim, so it seems likely that whatever forces he is utilizing ala wind and water currents are from them.

9 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Sorry about the title I've had better but I was curious as to what you think is the reason Euron can (almost obviously) control the wind possibly not just for his ship but maybe even across very very large areas, check out TWOW spoiler if u dare. But don't open this spoiler if you aren't up to date. 

Hide contents

It seems Euron is delaying Redwyne fleet coming around Dorne and seems to know Oldtown ships coming up the mander. Euron is gathering a crap load of different religion's priests. Is he making blood sacrifices to all the gods "just in case" or is he torturing a priest from each religion so that many different religions "followers" and priests will proclaim him King. Obviously Euron is not religious so it's a very odd move IMHO.... SIDE-NOTE Euron might have a VS suit of armor. Had to say that. 1 more thing Euron is such a jerk for asking if Aeron was praying it was him or urri. And that "you know about being taken from behind remark Euron said to Aeron was so so so cruel. Euron really did it

:( 

He isn't making any sacrifices. His men make sacrifices to their god by tossing men overboard. He is messing with magic. He is drinking shade of the evening. How powerful he will become is debatable. The Warlocks aren't much to talk about. They were defeated by a teenage girl. Then, when the warlocks sought revenge,they encountered a real badass who bent them to his will and hobbled them to make a point.  

If Bran has all this power he really needs a foil.    I expect Euron to be that foil, so it's necessary for Euron to have some magical ability.    If he is able to control the weather, walk Valyria (shades of Randall Flagg), and oh maybe project his visions via shade of the evening martinis that might give Bran a little contest at any rate.   One thing is certain; Euron is a nutbag.  Move over Tyrells, this guy is a real climber.   

Without a legitimate copy of the chapter it's really difficult to get a good grip on what's happening in The Forsaken.    I get it that Euron is a bad dude.   The rest is hallucinations of a tortured man who feared this man long before becoming his captive.  Yes these murders of the priests are fascinating and the visions will give us a year of good discussion, but what's up with the murder of Falia who is pregnant with his own child?   Warlocks without legs?  I'm still trying to figure out why Victarion was sent for Dany if Euron was planning to go anyway.    

All in all I think Euron does have to have some power to affect things if he's going to be entertaining after The Forsaken preview.   

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

If Bran has all this power he really needs a foil.    I expect Euron to be that foil, so it's necessary for Euron to have some magical ability.    If he is able to control the weather, walk Valyria (shades of Randall Flagg), and oh maybe project his visions via shade of the evening martinis that might give Bran a little contest at any rate.   One thing is certain; Euron is a nutbag.  Move over Tyrells, this guy is a real climber.   

Without a legitimate copy of the chapter it's really difficult to get a good grip on what's happening in The Forsaken.    I get it that Euron is a bad dude.   The rest is hallucinations of a tortured man who feared this man long before becoming his captive.  Yes these murders of the priests are fascinating and the visions will give us a year of good discussion, but what's up with the murder of Falia who is pregnant with his own child?   Warlocks without legs?  I'm still trying to figure out why Victarion was sent for Dany if Euron was planning to go anyway.    

All in all I think Euron does have to have some power to affect things if he's going to be entertaining after The Forsaken preview.   

So, I'm just going to point out that, Aeron is drinking Shade of the Evening when he has those visions. I don't think they can be dismissed. The Shade of the Evening is made out of those trees with black bark and blue leaves, which are basically inverted weirwoods, and if you read the description of Daenerys drinking the Shade of the Evening and Bran eating the weirwood paste they directly parallel. The Shade of the Evening is legit mojo. If Euron had green seer  or wargining abilities to begin with (he has one red eye) then the Shade has definitely enhanced his power. I don't know what he is capable of, but I suspect it might be comparable to Bran, and Aeron's visions suggest quite a bit.

I'll throw this in a spoiler box. 

Spoiler

If Euron is taking to sea again and will face off with the Redwyne fleet and the Hightower sons, then if he is granted yet more victories, what will be his next step do you think? Will he attempt to take Oldtown possibly? 

I've always thought Sam was in line for some heroics with a bow. If Euron is well protected in his suit of armour, then a shot through his red eye could prove fatal?.

9 hours ago, Dorian Martell said:

He isn't making any sacrifices. His men make sacrifices to their god by tossing men overboard. He is messing with magic. He is drinking shade of the evening. How powerful he will become is debatable. The Warlocks aren't much to talk about. They were defeated by a teenage girl. Then, when the warlocks sought revenge,they encountered a real badass who bent them to his will and hobbled them to make a point.  

Hahaha no one has ever ripped Pyat Pree that bad in my forum history. And you're right.

But considering they've "made hundreds of sacrifices" to the drowned God, you don't think Euron was ever like "I've heard of this lord of light God so we're gonna burn these guys see if that makes the red God happy" 

What does religion mean to Euron? Is it like everything else in his life which is a means to an end? Is he just after the power associated with these religions, after all it's possible he and Dany are the only 2 that truly know "words are wind but blood is power" (well I suppose everyone in that room where Left hand Lucas tells Aeron that line knows as well)

3 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

I'll throw this in a spoiler box. 

Hide contents

If Euron is taking to sea again and will face off with the Redwyne fleet and the Hightower sons, then if he is granted yet more victories, what will be his next step do you think? Will he attempt to take Oldtown possibly? 

I've always thought Sam was in line for some heroics with a bow. If Euron is well protected in his suit of armour, then a shot through his red eye could prove fatal?.

Yes Euron might burn lannisport again and raid everywhere on the west coast but he is destined for oldtown like Jon is destined to come back to us... It'll happen

Not the biggest on this theory but Sam Bow practice was for a reason.... But is Euron really going to go down like that!?!?!??? I do like the part about his suit of armor... You might have to shoot his eye lol. It would certainly be hard to find a weak point in his armor with brutes like Lucas Codd around him. (I see Euron as a tywin not a Victarion) Even though Tywin knew it was unlikely he would get anywhere close to combat he still wore his best armor (except giant cloth of gold cloak which was a statement in itself) so did joffery and the king that age prolly isn't gonna see much action (unless they're warriors)

8 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Blood is power and did u pray it was you or prayed getting passed over were also huge imo 

7 hours ago, Durran Durrandon said:

So, I'm just going to point out that, Aeron is drinking Shade of the Evening when he has those visions. I don't think they can be dismissed. The Shade of the Evening is made out of those trees with black bark and blue leaves, which are basically inverted weirwoods, and if you read the description of Daenerys drinking the Shade of the Evening and Bran eating the weirwood paste they directly parallel. The Shade of the Evening is legit mojo. If Euron had green seer  or wargining abilities to begin with (he has one red eye) then the Shade has definitely enhanced his power. I don't know what he is capable of, but I suspect it might be comparable to Bran, and Aeron's visions suggest quite a bit.

I don't think he's 1/10 as powerful as bran

8 hours ago, Durran Durrandon said:

Durran, first off I have read your most recent topic twice and really enjoy the conversation going on over there.   Good job, Man.   And yes, I am aware of the potential importance of Aeron's hallucinations for precisely the reasons you point out.   My hesitation in getting fully on board that train is simply that I don't have a single full or accurate account of this chapter.   I've listened to fan narrations and read easily 4 versions all slightly different.   I'm holding my ticket for GRRM's account is all.  As we are all painfully aware, GRRM can change a single word and it can either confirm or kill a fan theory.  The part of me not replying is trying to piece together similarities between Dany's HOTU visions with Aeron's and trying very very hard not to go back to Dark Sister's most excellent "Euron The Abomination" thread to proclaim in a 72 point bold red font "HELL YES".   This is just caution because I am driving my friends nuts with all my talk of this new chapter.    

As some have already pointed out brilliantly Euron really could be worse than Joffrey, Roose, Ramsay, Tywin, Cersei and all the Freys combined in the story to come.    I think this Bran character is so beautifully crafted he deserves to triumph over an equally terrifying foe. Let the games begin.  

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Blood is power and did u pray it was you or prayed getting passed over were also huge imo 

I have been bored to tears with the forum lately.   Serious readers dare not venture forth into the show forums.   It is a different story they are dealing with.    I enjoy this place so much and didn't even check topics for a week.   Boring.  You've been active obviously revived with this excellent information and I've had a lot of fun reading your recent topics.   Thanks so much for breaking the monotony.  

Brother Man, blood is power and those awful menacing statements Euron makes to his bound and tortured brother are horrifying.   And sooooo telling.   Everyone knows I'm not afraid to make a stupid or misremembered statement.   I consider my fallibility to be part of my charm as I enjoy a good correction.   I'm just holding back all the manic comparisons, ideas and flat out wrong thoughts I'm having because there are discrepancies between the versions of The Forsaken floating around out there.   I count 4 different accounts.   Slightly different, but different still.   In this round I'm holding back watching those more courageous folks such as yourself blaze the theory trail.    And enjoying every second of it.    

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I don't think he's 1/10 as powerful as bran

Sorry, it's just such an exciting prospect...Even if Euron has only 1/10 of the magical ability Bran has it's still thrilling to have some really dark magic that may be able to go up against this god like ability Bran has.    Euron will have to really collect terrifying things to commit his atrocities.  This character may end up being a truly classic villain.   Get hype. 

Archived