Dark Horse for iron throne

22 hours ago, PCK said:

Tyrion. Either he's really the son of the Mad King, or he could inherit it from the Baratheons in a roundabout way. 

I think in universe Tyrion could be considered a dark horse perhaps...although...he was hand of a king for awhile, I don't know, its not that much out of the realm of possibility. But mostly I want to point out that he is so far away from a dark horse in fandom its ridiculous. I used to like Tyrion, until I realized how much everyone else had a hard on for/was wet for (don't want to be sexist) Tyrion. Please, I can't take one more Tyrion based theory. 

My dark horse is Tytos Blackwood, because...well I like Tytos Blackwood, but here is my logic. Everyone else dies in the war with the others, and only dornish/stormland/reach/riverlands lords are even left (and lord's paramount are all dead too). So, with this lack of people left, I basically think anyone could end up on the throne but with strong houses being at the top of the list, other lords like Mathis Rowan, Arwyn Oakheart, Paster Redwyne, Anders Yronwood, Garlan Tyrell, Jason Mallister, ..... or Yohn Royce could be other choices for Dark Horse. 

Also to include one candidate that has a legitimate blood succession right possibility, Brown Ben Plumm or Philip Plumm..they have Targaryen blood, so why not. 

P.s. I still like Tyrion, but its overdone. When 50% of the choices for everything are Tyrion, its just boring to read. Even if Tytos Blackwood stands less of a chance, at least he is less overdone. 

2 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

I think in universe Tyrion could be considered a dark horse perhaps...although...he was hand of a king for awhile, I don't know, its not that much out of the realm of possibility. But mostly I want to point out that he is so far away from a dark horse in fandom its ridiculous. I used to like Tyrion, until I realized how much everyone else had a hard on for/was wet for (don't want to be sexist) Tyrion. Please, I can't take one more Tyrion based theory. 

My dark horse is Tytos Blackwood, because...well I like Tytos Blackwood, but here is my logic. Everyone else dies in the war with the others, and only dornish/stormland/reach/riverlands lords are even left (and lord's paramount are all dead too). So, with this lack of people left, I basically think anyone could end up on the throne but with strong houses being at the top of the list, other lords like Mathis Rowan, Arwyn Oakheart, Paster Redwyne, Anders Yronwood, Garlan Tyrell, Jason Mallister, ..... or Yohn Royce could be other choices for Dark Horse. 

Also to include one candidate that has a legitimate blood succession right possibility, Brown Ben Plumm or Philip Plumm..they have Targaryen blood, so why not. 

P.s. I still like Tyrion, but its overdone. When 50% of the choices for everything are Tyrion, its just boring to read. Even if Tytos Blackwood stands less of a chance, at least he is less overdone. 

Tyrion isn't even my favorite Lannister, Jaime is. That said, he does have one of the best political minds in the series. Daenerys is a conqueror and Jon has never spent any significant time in the south. No POV has been king yet. I guess it depends on how much importance Martin wants to place on the IT to the overall story. 

3 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Go on Tumblr, there are so many Tyrion haters there that you wouldn't think he's too much of a fan fave. If there is a fan fave, that's Jon.. then Daenerys and Tyrion.

Davos, except that idk if he's a dark horse. He's new, and I doubt that GRRM will finish the series with a Targ or a Baratheon back on the throne. He's one of few people aware that they're "grey." He believes saving a child is "everything," and that, imo, is the moral center of the series. He's relatively smart, brave, loyal, yet capable of acting on his own (saving Edric). He grew up as a commoner, and has experience dealing with the nobility north and south of the Neck, which means he "gets" Westeros. Problem is he's too obvious.

Edric Storm -even though he is a bastard, he parents were/still are noble. He is also a good kid(He was legitimately kind to Shireen). He has Robert's charisma without any of Robert's vices. He would be a great King if he had Someone like Davos as his hand. the kid is a darkhorse  candidate compare to Dany(queen with many alias who means well) and Tyrion.

Brienne is a true darkhorse. With Stannis, Shireen, Tommen, and Myrcella all dead, Robert's claim will pass to a Stormlands house. Who's to say it won't be Tarth? Not all queens were beautiful. The Evenstar name drop has to mean something right?

The last King of Westeros will be Theon Greyjoy 

GRRM wouldn't have made the Iron Throne, Iron Bank and Iron Islands NOT have an ultimate connection 

In books Theon sits the throne after Euron takes it by force with Dany or Cersi or both as his Queen, after King Euron and his Queen are defeated by Jon or the Others, Theon the Iron Born prince will inherent the Iron Throne and become the unlikely King of The 7 Kingdoms 

In Show, Theon and Asha/Yara make a marriage pact with Dany for the IB fleet and Theon inherents the Throne via his dead wife...

The Recent Aeron excerpt from TWOW confirms 3 Things

1. Euron did sail into Valyria and found himself a Valyrian Steel suit of armor and Dragon Horn

2. Euron plans on using said Horn to steal Dany's dragon and claim to the Iron Throne 

3. Euron and Dany/Cersi sit the Iron Throne but are defeated by Ice or Fire in Aeron's prophetic dream...

The Show has fast forwarded past the existence of the Dragon Horn/Suit of Armor but have exposed Euron's plan and the inclusion of Theon leads credence to my Theory, I'm convinces GRRM plans in making the Gollum of his story King and making Jon, the Aragorn in his story Frodo(task with Destroying the source of ultimate power, possibly the Iron Throne or Dragon Binder itself)

5 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

How something like that could happen?

Apparently, there's some chart someone looked at that shows that Tywin's kids are the heirs after Robert, with no sons or brothers. Not sure if it's show only though.

9 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

The last King of Westeros will be Theon Greyjoy 

GRRM wouldn't have made the Iron Throne, Iron Bank and Iron Islands NOT have an ultimate connection 

In books Theon sits the throne after Euron takes it by force with Dany or Cersi or both as his Queen, after King Euron and his Queen are defeated by Jon or the Others, Theon the Iron Born prince will inherent the Iron Throne and become the unlikely King of The 7 Kingdoms 

In Show, Theon and Asha/Yara make a marriage pact with Dany for the IB fleet and Theon inherents the Throne via his dead wife...

The Recent Aeron excerpt from TWOW confirms 3 Things

1. Euron did sail into Valyria and found himself a Valyrian Steel suit of armor and Dragon Horn

2. Euron plans on using said Horn to steal Dany's dragon and claim to the Iron Throne 

3. Euron and Dany/Cersi sit the Iron Throne but are defeated by Ice or Fire in Aeron's prophetic dream...

The Show has fast forwarded past the existence of the Dragon Horn/Suit of Armor but have exposed Euron's plan and the inclusion of Theon leads credence to my Theory, I'm convinces GRRM plans in making the Gollum of his story King and making Jon, the Aragorn in his story Frodo(task with Destroying the source of ultimate power, possibly the Iron Throne or Dragon Binder itself)

Theon is still alive for a reason. I just can't see a dickless guy being made king though. His death would create the same succession issues that Westeros  currently experiences now. 

Archived