Euro 16 Fantasy League

I have Sommer/Rui Patricio,

Rodriguez/Lichtsteiner/Pepe/Boateng/Juanfran

Kroos/Lallana/Milner/Sterling/Busquets

Müller/Ronaldo/Nemeth

I'm currently in last place because I don't have any French players, but that should change because the Switzerland-match hasn't been counted yet and I scored a bunch of points there.

Is it only going to be uptadet once a day? I don't like being in last place. :D

4 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

You can't make any changes while games are going on. So I think you're out of luck with Neuer, since the next window will be after the Germany game today.

Well yesterday, after the games, it took for ever for the site to make calculations, of whatever, and haven't been able to do anything then either. This is disappointing.

Ugh! Disaster!

I changed my captain to Hinteregger as a calculated gamble since Lewandowski only got 2 points.

Just adds insult to injury that he'd have scored a goal if Dragovic hadn't made that challenge that got him a 2nd yellow.

Made a bunch of transfers. Was willing to lose some points in the hopes that the new blood will bring me more.

Apparently, Giaccherini is a defender, so I got me an attacking midfielder for free, in place of those defenders that seldom give points.

Well, I only substituted Milner for Witsel, because Milner apparently isn't usually in the starting 11, which I didn't know. It was a stupid idea to have 3 midfielders from the same team anyway. I expect the Belgians to do much better against Ireland and Sweden.

Those matches yesterday really sucked for most people's fantasy teams. :D

3 hours ago, Korvín-Corvinus said:

Made a bunch of transfers. Was willing to lose some points in the hopes that the new blood will bring me more.

Apparently, Giaccherini is a defender, so I got me an attacking midfielder for free, in place of those defenders that seldom give points.

Actually my defenders gave me the most points this round, because all of them save Dier kept a clean sheet (Dier more than made up for it). Maybe I was just lucky, but I think relying on a clean sheet is preferable to relying on one specific midfielder or attacker to score/assist a goal.

Anyway, I got rid of Gomez and bought Nani. I'm doubtful on whether to replace Srna as well. He was amazing against Turkey and almost scored two goals, but his father died :( and he's temporarily left the squad. Hope he'll be back in time for at least the last group match.

2 hours ago, Ser Zlatan said:

I'm doubtful on whether to replace Srna as well. He was amazing against Turkey and almost scored two goals, but his father died :( and he's temporarily left the squad. Hope he'll be back in time for at least the last group match.

I didn't know that.

Srna is an absolute legend. Can't believe he spent so long at Shakhtar without a major club coming for him.

I got rid of Pogba and Griezmann for Muller and Payet. I considered removing Srna, but if he does not play then Dier is on my bench. Annoyingly he was my top scorer last round but did not get on the metaphorical pitch. I think Bayern bid for Srna about six or seven years ago, but he turned them down.

8 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'd be very interested to learn his reason.

IIRC, he claimed to have had concrete offers from both Bayern and Chelsea but turned both down citing family reasons as well as being very happy at Shaktar.

Fourth in the league, just behind TurtleB and Sean Dyche but with a lot to make up on Ser Zlatan, I used my wildcard at first opportunity. Got rid of Kane, De Bruyne, Origi, Alaba, Agolli, Isaksson, Rat & Can, and replaced them with Dier, Giaccherini, Iniesta, Kroos, Pellé, Konoplyanka, Szalai and Neuer. 

Banking on traditional superpowers Spain, France, Germany and Italy doing the business, with some Hungarian and Ukrainian flavour to spice things up.

Archived