Dating: “I have this disease late at night sometimes, involving alcohol and the telephone.”

Datepalm

Well im still not altogether sure what is actually going on yet LOL. Basically last week I met this guy at the museum and we hit it off straight away, went for drinks, got smashed at his place and stayed the night and I was going mad for a week like what was that are we friend does he like me (I am the most oblivious person in the whole world) then the same thing happened again except this time he was like are we boyfriend/girlfriend then and I was like yes. Both very drunk but not that drunk. Spent this morning just being lazy and cuddling which is when its obvious he likes me but now im panicking all over the place again, should I invite him out to meet my friends hes already said I should meet his best friend and that he'd told him about me ahhhh brain is being stupid I dont know how to be in a relationship lol what do you do with boyfriends outside the house how often must you walk them :P

Well I want to but im still convinced this is all an elaborate hoax and actually he doesn't like me at all but thats just my weird crap I guess. I have a really close group of friends and want him to like them and more importantly them to like him 

53 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Well im still not altogether sure what is actually going on yet LOL. Basically last week I met this guy at the museum and we hit it off straight away, went for drinks, got smashed at his place and stayed the night and I was going mad for a week like what was that are we friend does he like me (I am the most oblivious person in the whole world) then the same thing happened again except this time he was like are we boyfriend/girlfriend then and I was like yes. Both very drunk but not that drunk. Spent this morning just being lazy and cuddling which is when its obvious he likes me but now im panicking all over the place again, should I invite him out to meet my friends hes already said I should meet his best friend and that he'd told him about me ahhhh brain is being stupid I dont know how to be in a relationship lol what do you do with boyfriends outside the house how often must you walk them :P

I love this part :lol: 

I'm very happy for you Theda, and hope things work out. Maybe arrange something casual with your friends that he (and maybe his friend) could tag along to? Bowling or something? Although, I'm not really good with this stuff myself, so maybe just ignore me

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Well I want to but im still convinced this is all an elaborate hoax and actually he doesn't like me at all but thats just my weird crap I guess. I have a really close group of friends and want him to like them and more importantly them to like him 

You're an intelligent, charming woman. I'm absolutely certain it isn't a hoax. I understand how important opinions of friends are. If this gentleman is good enough for you I'm sure they'll just love him. 

14 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

That's so awesome! :D I know it's easier said than done, but I would really try not to stress too much about labelling things at this stage (personally I would say it's way too soon to be bringing friends into the mix, buuut I'm notoriously slow at introducing boys to friends/family, so what do I know?). Just try relax and enjoy it wherever it goes :)

Meanwhile, I went on a date with a guy who was a 99% match on OKC and it went really well - two days before he flew back to Denmark. He will hopefully be coming back for a few months at least later in the year, but we'll see. I'm actually a bit properly sad, which is so weird for me because usually I don't go hard for anyone on the first date. At least we can chat on Facebook, I guess. Sigh. Anyway, nothing much I can do about it and I'd already organised coffee with another guy tomorrow morning so I guess we'll see how that goes. 

On the positive side, the guy I dated for a few months and then mutually decided to stop seeing each other (I don't think it really qualifies as a break-up at that stage) and I are now hanging out as platonic friends, and it's awesome. I always really liked him, there was just no real romantic spark there.

13 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Theda, I bet right now he is thinking that he met this wonderful woman and hopes that she feels the same way that he does right now. He is wishing that you like him as much as he likes you.  

As ever, all the best.

12 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

On the walking issue:  Walk him every time he's drunk, except if he's too drunk.  You'll know the line is crossed if he can't recite Bladerunner lines to you without slurring.

hmmm this is a good system except i dont think hes even properly seen it yet good GODS what if he HATES it ??? damn it i knew this was too soon, i just don't know what i'll do with myself if he hates blade runner 

On July 28, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

hmmm this is a good system except i dont think hes even properly seen it yet good GODS what if he HATES it ??? damn it i knew this was too soon, i just don't know what i'll do with myself if he hates blade runner 

You drop him like hot brick, obviously. Deal breaker

caveat: ok, so he doesn't have to love it (though that is a sign of shriveled, malformed soul) but as long as he can get on board with your enthusiasm, he's not a sociopathic defective that should be shunned by all decent people and other intelligent animals

On 7/28/2016 at 4:21 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Eh, it's nothing the Gods of biomechanics wouldn't let him into heaven for. 

2 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

You drop him like hot brick, obviously. Deal breaker

caveat: ok, so he doesn't have to love it (though that is a sign of shriveled, malformed soul) but as long as he can get on board with your enthusiasm, he's not a sociopathic defective that should be shunned by all decent people and other intelligent animals

Just to be sure, Theda should administer the Voight-Kampff test.

CONGRATULATIONS THEDA!!!  Now, FFS woman.  Quit worrying and enjoy falling in love.

On the depressing front here at Chez Valley, I have an invite to a naked pool party today and can't get a date.  

I did have a threesome the other night.  Yep.  The cats and I sat on the front porch for 4 hours eating tuna fish and judging everyone who walked by.  It was actually pretty fun.

Archived