Sansa and Aegon?

Sabhayata

Does any one think Sansa and Aegon may end up getting married and ruling Westeros like Henry the VII and Elizabeth of York?

I mean ASOIAF is inspired by War of Roses as far as the war for the iron throne is concerned. And in the real war Henry Tudor(a late Plantagenet entrant) just like Aegon won the war and married Elizabeth of York( who belonged to one of the two houses involved in the war of roses) to maintain peace. So its possible that same happens in ASOIAF.Of course it's also possible that it doesn't I mean we don't know anything for sure. But just wanted to know if there are other's also who have similar kind of theory.

That's my theory as well. I do believe Aegon will have a significant role to play in WOW, and based on the House of the undying prophecy, I definitely think he will sit the Iron throne, for a while at least. And also by the fact that GRRM said that many will sit the Iron throne before the final ruler. Aegon will probably be one of them. Why would GRRM introduce him otherwise?

Why I think Sansa will be his queen is because of the Ashford tourney theory, and because she has queen foreshadowing. I know the more popular theory here is her becoming queen in the north, but I think it's more likely that she'll be Cersei's younger, more beautiful queen. This is also a very popular theory here, but for some reason people think Sansa is going to fulfill that prophecy by becoming queen in the north. I don't know how she could do that plotwise while Aegon and his potential queen usurps Tommen in the south. And not to mention Daenerys future conquest. Of course, the younger queen could be Margaery, since she also had a role to play in Joffrey's murder. But Cersei outrigth thinks it's Margaery and she's obsessed with this fact. That's the reason I don't think it's actually her.

ASOIAF is inspired by the War of the Roses, and the Hundred Years War, among other things, but is not following them particularly faithfully. Notice that in the main conflict, Stark vs Lannister, one side doesn't even have any designs on the throne.

Plus, Aegon VI is a dead man walking. It's possible that he'll marry Sansa, but it only means she'll become a young widow.

8 hours ago, Sabhayata said:

Does any one think Sansa and Aegon may end up getting married and ruling Westeros like Henry the VII and Elizabeth of York?

I mean ASOIAF is inspired by War of Roses as far as the war for the iron throne is concerned. And in the real war Henry Tudor(a late Plantagenet entrant) just like Aegon won the war and married Elizabeth of York( who belonged to one of the two houses involved in the war of roses) to maintain peace. So its possible that same happens in ASOIAF.Of course it's also possible that it doesn't I mean we don't know anything for sure. But just wanted to know if there are other's also who have similar kind of theory.

If anybody is going to take the Henry VII role, it is going to be Daenerys.  Henry VII didn't just pop up out of nowhere like Aegon.  He had been hiding out in France, under the protection of the Duke of Brittany.  Daenerys is in the story for a reason, and it likely has to do with a late invasion.  I seriously doubt Aegon will last all that long.

7 hours ago, finger said:

I don't think it's said that the younger queen who'll take it all out from Cersei, will be able to hold it.

¿What's the Ashford tourney theory?

The Ashford tourney is in one of the Dunk & Egg stories.  The champion are a Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Harding, and Targaryen.  This lines up with marriage proposals involving Joffrey Baratheon, Willas Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, and Harrold Harding(Harry the Heir).  Supposedly the next would be Aegon Targaryen.  I think it is just coincidence. Also, it ignores the fact that Lysa Arryn was planning to marry her son Robert Arryn (Sweetrobin) to Sansa.  There was no Arryn at Ashford.

9 hours ago, Sabhayata said:

Actually the parallel doesn't work imo.

Henry VII was a Lancaster (he was a descendant of an illegitimate branch of House Lancaster) so that both of them belonged to the houses involved.

Exactly for this reason - being perceived as a Lancaster - Henry was able to unite Lancaster and York and end the war and he decided that the Tudor rose should be red (Lancaster rose) + white (York rose).

I can see Sansa as Elizabeth of York, because Elizabeth she was actually red haired, loved music and dancing and her brothers disappeared …  but I don't see Aegon as Henry.

Even if the main inspiration for him was Richard III (one of Henry's enemy), I see Tyrion as Henry because he's a Lannister (and in a way a bastard because any dwarf is a bastard in his father's eye... or even more for the people - not me - who think he's a Targ), so we would have the bastardLancaster/York - bastardLannister/Stark parallel and also, Henry was known for being high spirited, highly intelligent, a clever reformer and not handsome. All this fits Tyrion much more than Aegon.

Also, Henry and Elizabeth married only for political reasons (as Tyrion and Sansa) but in time, they grew to love each other truly (as Sansa and Tyrion had started a tentative friendship before the plot pushed them apart ... without breaking their marriage, tho: a not consummated marriage is annullable, not null, which means that if it's not annulled, it's valid).

Finally, I personally think that if Aegon were to win the IT or play a significant part, he would have been included in GOT also…the fact they totally cut his storylines makes me think he won't win, because if I remember correctly D&D said the ending and the main characters' end game will be more or less the same both in ASOIAF and in GOT, even if some details or storyline may b

With this, I'm not saying this is how it's going to go in the end, just that the Henry - Elizabeth marriage always seemed to me the main inspiration behind Tyrion and Sansa's marriage.

Maybe, I think there is some kind of plot connection brewing between them. But rule Westeros? No, I think the real deals are already on the field. Sansa and Aegon mirror those two a bit. What I think would be an awesome twist is Sansa Night's Queen with the Night's King. The dark Sansa saga, I don't think we get that either, but I want to see Sansa with ice powers for some reason. Now that Sophie has played phoenix she could be the song of Ice and Fire all by herself. I know it's the book forum and the movie is unrelated but still I would laugh.

She could have one liners and nick names. "Chill out." Then freeze everyone. "Lemon Ice." "Starkcicle" "Sanblaster" "The Frozen Lady" She could skate around Westeros, doing that backwards lean thing. Then she could fight Dany.

Sanblaster; Time to chill you out Princess.

Dany: Look like it's time to kick a little ice, Brian Boitano

Sanblaster: Hey, that was uncalled for, he was a genius.

Dany; You're right genius was clearly uncalled for.

Sanblaster: I'll have you no I learned my letters as well as anyone

Dany: Congrads genius how id the math portion of that test go?

Sanblaster: Maths hard!

Dany: For you

Sanblaster: Oh no you idn't.

I think 80's B action totally works here.

Jon could have nicknames too. "Icy Hot the Stark relief" "Blades of Glory."

I'm not so sure on this theory. It means throwing away the alliance with Dorne, unless Doran is willing to swear fealty to Aegon on the basis of being Rhaegar's son alone and so Doran's nephew? Also, how would this be arranged? Can you really see Littlefinger and Varys joining their master plans when they've spent years in opposition to each other? Also, this means Harold the Heir would either be overlooked or killed, either way would the Vale follow LF and Sansa to war? 

10 minutes ago, theblackdragonI said:

I'm not so sure on this theory. It means throwing away the alliance with Dorne, unless Doran is willing to swear fealty to Aegon on the basis of being Rhaegar's son alone and so Doran's nephew? Also, how would this be arranged? Can you really see Littlefinger and Varys joining their master plans when they've spent years in opposition to each other? Also, this means Harold the Heir would either be overlooked or killed, either way would the Vale follow LF and Sansa to war? 

Well it kind of plays out in a strange way. Rhaegar was also tied to Dorne, didn't change what he did. Sansa interestingly enough is connected to Harrenhal. There are some parallels in the book that put her in a Lyanna like role. Take Harry he is an awful lot like Robert. His hair is the opposite color but still similar, bastard child and all.

Some think the mad mouse may kidnap her or she may runaway with him to get away from, someone or something in the Vale. Ser Shadrich told Brienne that Varys was offering a plump bag of gold for Sansa. I doubt Varys would giver her to Cersei, so you have an Aegon connection there. However, Ser Shadrich also fought for Stannis on the blackwater. And he is working for Littlefinger currently. Maybe? Sort of...

This dude could be a triple agent who knows, but Martin would not put him there for no reason, there is a mouse in the house.

I call Sansa and Aegon the Poor mans Ice and Fire. However the idea they get together is not impossible because of what we have seen in the books. Rule Westeros? I don't see it. Maybe they get together and Euron kills them, who knows. I think Sansa can go either way here, Stannis, or Aegon. But I wonder if she would escape the Vale or if it is Harrenhal related. Vale would seem a tougher place to escape.

19 hours ago, GhostNymeria said:

That's my theory as well. I do believe Aegon will have a significant role to play in WOW, and based on the House of the undying prophecy, I definitely think he will sit the Iron throne, for a while at least. And also by the fact that GRRM said that many will sit the Iron throne before the final ruler. Aegon will probably be one of them. Why would GRRM introduce him otherwise?

Why I think Sansa will be his queen is because of the Ashford tourney theory, and because she has queen foreshadowing. I know the more popular theory here is her becoming queen in the north, but I think it's more likely that she'll be Cersei's younger, more beautiful queen. This is also a very popular theory here, but for some reason people think Sansa is going to fulfill that prophecy by becoming queen in the north. I don't know how she could do that plotwise while Aegon and his potential queen usurps Tommen in the south. And not to mention Daenerys future conquest. Of course, the younger queen could be Margaery, since she also had a role to play in Joffrey's murder. But Cersei outrigth thinks it's Margaery and she's obsessed with this fact. That's the reason I don't think it's actually her.

Yes also for her to be queen in the North ,Bran and Rickon will have to die which I don't think will be happening

19 hours ago, finger said:

I don't think it's said that the younger queen who'll take it all out from Cersei, will be able to hold it.

I think Cersei will lose in the end.I dont think series will end with Cersei being queen.

19 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I would actually enjoy reading that. Sansa deserves a lord (prince?) who seems like a good guy, who would probably be a great king. He was raised right.

Yes it will be a full circle for Sansa. She left Winterfell thinking one day she will be a queen and after all the trials and tribulations in the end she will be a queen.

19 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

Aegon is very much in my opinion the Bizzaro version of Joffrey. He pretty much embodies all the qualities of the type prince from classic love stories which Sansa initially wanted to marry.

Well that is Varys's version that he is perfect. But we don't know for sure. I don't think he will be perfect will have flaws like all other character's in the ASOIAF.

19 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

ASOIAF is inspired by the War of the Roses, and the Hundred Years War, among other things, but is not following them particularly faithfully. Notice that in the main conflict, Stark vs Lannister, one side doesn't even have any designs on the throne.

Plus, Aegon VI is a dead man walking. It's possible that he'll marry Sansa, but it only means she'll become a young widow.

ASOIAF is not direct copy of anything but yes it is inspired from real life events. Just like sons of York rose up and fought and Edward became king in the similar way Robb fought and was declared King of the North. Both lost allies due to the girl they decided to marry. Edward lost the Kingmaker and Robb the Frey's. Of course Edward still went on to rule for a long time and Robb didn't but similarities are there.

Why do you think Aegon VI will die?

1 hour ago, Sabhayata said:

ASOIAF is not direct copy of anything but yes it is inspired from real life events. Just like sons of York rose up and fought and Edward became king in the similar way Robb fought and was declared King of the North. Both lost allies due to the girl they decided to marry. Edward lost the Kingmaker and Robb the Frey's. Of course Edward still went on to rule for a long time and Robb didn't but similarities are there.

Why do you think Aegon VI will die?

Just listen to Varys singing his praise.

“No.” The eunuch’s voice seemed deeper. “He is here. Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them.”

After a presentation like this, Aegon is a dead man walking.

2 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Just listen to Varys singing his praise.

“No.” The eunuch’s voice seemed deeper. “He is here. Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them.”

After a presentation like this, Aegon is a dead man walking.

He would make a great king, though. I think.

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2016 at 8:09 AM, finger said:

Ashford tourney theory: 

Five men place in the top five at a tourney at Ashford in 209 AC: A Baratheon, a Lannister, a Tyrell, a Hardyng and a Targaryen. These are said to represent the five suitors of Sansa: Joffrey Baratheon, Tyrion Lannister, Willas Tyrell, Harrold Hardying, and either Jon Snow or Aegon VI. 

I don't know, I'd just like her to end up with someone who's not a jerk like Joffrey or Harrold.

Archived