If Ramsay dies.....

[Deleted]

Per the books, Roose was the last Bolton until he got Ramsay legitimized and a Frey wife. I don't see B&W adding extra Boltons to the family tree.

Per the books, there are a few Karstarks around, and they tried to have a foot in both camps to betray Stannis to Roose, but Alys Karstark - the rightful heir of House Karstark (she's got a father or brother who was taken captive during Robb's war) - is loyal to House Stark and went and warned Stannis, through Jon, about her uncle and cousins' intended treachery, and gets married to the Magnar of the Thenns (one of the groups of Free Folk) up at Castle Black. In the show, Alys has been stripped out, as have apparently the rest of the Karstarks ... so the Show-Karstarks appear to be extinct or about to be extinct, depending on whether or not they died in battle or were taken captive. If there are Show-Karstarks who weren't killed, House Karstark is probably due for some punishment, but the actions of House Karstark weren't as bad as House Umber or the Boltons.

Per the books, there are a number of Umbers still around, but they're up to something, with a foot apparently in both camps. And GreatJon Umber is alive, albeit a hostage. They figure into a lot of variants of the GNC.  The Show-Umbers have been butchered, and SmallJon was apparently the last of them. Besides, the Show-Umber betrayal of the Starks was second only to that of the Boltons and the Freys - if there are any Show-Umbers left, Show-House Umber has to get punished.

In terms of geographic gains ... the only Northern House that supported House Stark that neighbors Bolton, Karstark, or Umber lands, is House Hornwood, as Hornwood lies between Bolton and Manderly lands.

The Boltons, Karstarks, and Umbers are major northern houses on the eastern and north eastern parts of the North. Boltons are, IIRC, landlocked, but Karstark and Umber lands have coastlines. The Umbers are the northernmost house on the eastern coast.

The Glovers are unlikely to be significantly punished. While they did not aid the Stark restoration, neither did they aid the Boltons. It is most likely that they'll be punished, but they won't be rewarded or viewed with favor.

Lol, Sansa is, all at once: a Lady Stark, a Lady Bolton and a Lady Lannister, plus she has a claim to Riverrun should she choose to pursue it.

On the downside, she is wanted by the crown for killing the king, has run afoul of the faith by marrying two men at once (or at least, marrying one man and then fornicating with another following a farcical marriage before false tree gods), while at the same time being completely under the thumb of the most diabolical man on the planet.

If anyone needs a dragon, it's Sansa.

On 22/06/2016 at 7:05 PM, John Suburbs said:

Lol, Sansa is, all at once: a Lady Stark, a Lady Bolton and a Lady Lannister, plus she has a claim to Riverrun should she choose to pursue it.

On the downside, she is wanted by the crown for killing the king, has run afoul of the faith by marrying two men at once (or at least, marrying one man and then fornicating with another following a farcical marriage before false tree gods), while at the same time being completely under the thumb of the most diabolical man on the planet.

If anyone needs a dragon, it's Sansa.

More like a therapist.

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2016 at 10:35 PM, montey13 said:

well who gets storms end now that there are no baratheons....I don't think roberts bastards can claim it ...or does it go to the crown ....well I guess tommen is the last "legal" boratheon

Actually it can and has happened before. Edric Storm, from the books, is an acknowledged bastard of Robert Baratheon and a noble woman. So it is possible that he could inherit the Stormlands, but not the crown. It would require legitimization from the crown and if the house is quite literally going to be extinct.

I think if Sansa was pregnant, that we would have found out in season 6.
I think if she was though that she'd keep it personally, whether or not you agree with terminating a pregnancy or not if she aborted it, that would probably create a controversy, and Making Sansa an epic mom or something (possibly through an epilogue scene in the last episode or something) would probably be a lot easier to do than having viewers that are pro life forget that she had an abortion. 

I think we could get a possible parallel to Catelyn. Even though the child is legitimate, Sansa would probably look at it as something similar to how one would usually see a bastard child; an inconvenience, just like Catelyn saw Jon as a reminder that her husband was unfaithful (or she thought that at least), Sansa would see it as a reminder of Ramsay of course. I think she'd think about it, but perhaps think to herself that while Ramsay Bolton was the father, she, a Stark is the mother, and she could possibly raise it to be a great Stark (in values if not in name) man or woman.

So while Catelyn couldn't love a child who couldn't control who it's mother was (and even wondered if her family was cursed because of it), Sansa could love a child who couldn't control who it's father was. That could symbolically be the turn around for the Stark family, and she would have an heir to boot.

This being said I think it's been too long for her to be pregnant. It wouldn't be good writing to have it show up on the tail end of the series. That's just my opinion on what she would do.

I like to think the Dreadfort is given as a gift to some supporting character. Perhaps Lord Tormund, and Lady Brienne type scenario like some other people on here are suggesting.

On 6/14/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rumy Stark said:

The Sanstarks! Ha! 

I don't know that I buy the "Sansa is pregnant" theories but it would be interesting to see what her claim would be (or what she'd claim anyway, since she's also claiming Winterfell right now as a Stark despite her marriage) if everything goes down as expected. However, I agree with the people who said that probably will not be addressed in the show as they have a set number of hours to fill with a lot of story and who gets control of lesser houses is probably not high on the list of things to include. (Even if we might be deeply curious about it). 

If Sansa is pregnant she must have a womb of steel. Jumping off of a castle wall, treading through a freezing river and then eating the Westerosi version of military food. If all that did not terminate the pregnancy nothing will.

• 4 months later...
On 14/06/2016 at 0:35 AM, montey13 said:

well who gets storms end now that there are no baratheons....I don't think roberts bastards can claim it ...or does it go to the crown ....well I guess tommen is the last "legal" boratheon

Bastards do have a claim unfortunately on the show there is no Edric Storm or Mya Stone which were Roberts only CONFIRMED bastards. Noone knows Gendry even exists so he def wont be receiving Storms End. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2016 at 7:52 AM, gandalfxj said:

Sansa is Lady Bolton. In the Vale Lady Lysa was in control after Jon Arryn's death. If one assumes this is the commen law for all of westeros, then Sansa should hold the Dreadfort. However, without a legitimat hair it would seem that she can not hold on to it. Therefore I fear she carries Ramay's child. This will be very traumatic for her and turns her desires and dreams, as professed in the first episodes, totally upside down. On the other hand she can found a new House of the North: The Sanstarks. Together with her brothers, who hold Winterfell she now can rule the North.

It will also start the whole nature vs nurture debate.

I have my own suggestion on the last conversation between Sansa and Ramsay: Sansa isn't pregnant, but Ramsay is trying to trick her into thinking she is, so she'll take moon tea and something will go wrong. What happens when someone who isn't pregnant takes moon tea? It does appear things go wrong when someone takes moon tea when they are pregnant (Lysa Tully-Arryn a case-in point).

I don't think that Sansa is pregnant after all even with the compressed timeline of a TV series a lot of time has passed.  She got to Castle Black, then she spent some time there, then she and Jon went on a tour of the Northern Houses trying to drum up support.  I think she would at least be showing signs of being pregnant by now if she was.  I think that Ramsay's statement was just another game of his.  If she is pregnant then forget Therapists, she needs an Exorcist.

Why an Exorcist? I don't think we're dealing with Melisandre. 

To be honest, I wouldn't care either way if she was pregnant or not. On the other hand it would certainly be interesting to wonder, with the nature versus nurture debate.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/13/2016 at 11:52 AM, Red Tiger said:

Greatjon is dead and his son is the direct opposite of his father.

Plus, the Smalljon is dead due to getting a neckfull of holes from Tormund. 

On 6/14/2016 at 7:52 AM, gandalfxj said:

Sansa is Lady Bolton. In the Vale Lady Lysa was in control after Jon Arryn's death. If one assumes this is the commen law for all of westeros, then Sansa should hold the Dreadfort. However, without a legitimat hair it would seem that she can not hold on to it. Therefore I fear she carries Ramay's child. This will be very traumatic for her and turns her desires and dreams, as professed in the first episodes, totally upside down. On the other hand she can found a new House of the North: The Sanstarks. Together with her brothers, who hold Winterfell she now can rule the North.

It will also start the whole nature vs nurture debate.

To be honest, I could care less outside of a nature vs nurture debate, which I've always found interesting, i.e. Was Joffrey always a psychopath due to genetics (e.g. Mad Queen Cersei) or was it due to being a spoiled brat?

Archived