[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

Let me get this straight: Arya fails her exam task and cannot become an FM, the FM wisely decides she has to get killed (very dangerous to have a defector running around with all the damage she could cause, selling trade secrets and whatnot), but shit happens and the elimination fails, instead Arya kills another FM, proving to be even more dangerous than the FM feared, and to top it all she shows complete contempt of the FM core values by declaring  herself Someone. NOW NotJaquen seems quite OK with Arya, even a "that's my girl" smile passes his lips and she may leave the FM with full honours as IT seems. What kind of organization are these jokers? A not very professional one!

1 hour ago, lalunadelmar said:

Yup. The show's formula is now just gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and a bunch of swear words all thrown together to make up incoherent plots.

And ominous music in the background, or sometimes suspenseful, or intriguing,but always the music is much better at eliciting the "mood" they are going for than the acting or dialogue!

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Since Sansa seems to be the "bad ass boss bitch in the north" knowing everything better than Jon & Davos - hardly ever listening to her experienced elders, the episode "Battle of the Bastards" should probably be called "Mr.&Mrs.Bolton fight" instead, because she seems to be leading the troops anyway and Jon Snow becomes somewhat dispensable - so he doesn't need to be the convincing one and can be as deadpan as he pleases.

BY THE WAY : the show keeps bleating "Winter is coming!" and "The North remembers!" since Ned was killed - and nothing really happens. No real northern revenge, STILL no winter. Urgh!

And now coming to a theatre near you, starring Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep, the award winning drama "Bolton vs Bolton"...

30 minutes ago, Drz said:

I absolutely hated this episode.

Why make BWB members evil, could have been random thugs.

Why did we have this Arya plot? It led to nowhere, she didn't change Bravoos politically, she didn't develope any skills nor did she become a Noone.

Why bring back Blackfish just to kill him, why have the Tully people surrender so willingly?

Why did we have to endure that long scene with Tyrion, Greyworm and Missandei.

Whyyyyyyyyy. :(

For filler to pass the time!

This season has been awful from beginning to end. It barely feels like its advanced at all. I mean, people guffawed at GRRM’s suggestion of doing two seasons for AFFC/ADWD deeming those books as lacking material, yet here we are, season six, and the show is still introducing plots from those books. They’re even re-doing Stannis’ storyline and redressing it as Stark retribution. I like how Arya’s serious injuries were healed by a woman with no proper medical training, and how we’re supposed to sympathise with a woman a) mutilated that girl’s face B) admits to stabbing her boyfriends. Domestic violence is BAD ASS, people!

Riverrun gave me an aneurysm. Edmure has joined the ranks of those without honour, loyalty or any sense of kin. He allows his ancestral home to fall and his Uncle to be butchered. And Jaime still loves Cersei? And Brienne’s venture there was completely inane. Riveting television!

Dany’s return was the most un-dramatic, underwhelming interpretation of it they could have gone for. And good thing she returns just as battle commences. Also, are the other two dragons still just chilling in their dwelling? Didn’t Tyrion try to set them loose? And what was that scene about jokes and wine Does anyone like this? Does no one inform them how dull these moments, these pitiful attempts to recreate S1 scenes, actually are?

18 minutes ago, Stark_Contrast said:

Let me get this straight: Arya fails her exam task and cannot become an FM, the FM wisely decides she has to get killed (very dangerous to have a defector running around with all the damage she could cause, selling trade secrets and whatnot), but shit happens and the elimination fails, instead Arya kills another FM, proving to be even more dangerous than the FM feared, and to top it all she shows complete contempt of the FM core values by declaring  herself Someone. NOW NotJaquen seems quite OK with Arya, even a "that's my girl" smile passes his lips and she may leave the FM with full honours as IT seems. What kind of organization are these jokers? A not very professional one!

Honeypot, when Jaquen gave Arya 3 deaths at HH he had started his own rebellion against the FM and then Jaquen went back to kill them and wait for Arya to get there to help him kill the rest, Jaquen is now the Boss of the Faceless Men and Arya is his friend. In other words who the F--k knows but seeing as though we always have to do mental gymnastics in order to make the plot and logistics of the show comprehensible then that is my fanfic answer!

3 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

This season has been awful from beginning to end. It barely feels like its advanced at all. I mean, people guffawed at GRRM’s suggestion of doing two seasons for AFFC/ADWD deeming those books as lacking material, yet here we are, season six, and the show is still introducing plots from those books. They’re even re-doing Stannis’ storyline and redressing it as Stark retribution. I like how Arya’s serious injuries were healed by a woman with no proper medical training, and how we’re supposed to sympathise with a woman a) mutilated that girl’s face B) admits to stabbing her boyfriends. Domestic violence is BAD ASS, people!

Riverrun gave me an aneurysm. Edmure has joined the ranks of those without honour, loyalty or any sense of kin. He allows his ancestral home to fall and his Uncle to be butchered. And Jaime still loves Cersei? And Brienne’s venture there was completely inane. Riveting television!

Dany’s return was the most un-dramatic, underwhelming interpretation of it they could have gone for. And good thing she returns just as battle commences. Also, are the other two dragons still just chilling in their dwelling? Didn’t Tyrion try to set them loose? And what was that scene about jokes and wine Does anyone like this? Does no one inform them how dull these moments, these pitiful attempts to recreate S1 scenes, actually are?

If someone did, it would just make them want to do it even more. Just ask Ian McElhinney.

Now that we've gone off the GRRM script, it's become abundantly clear that D&D's only idea of dramatic tension is bringing back a character we haven't seen in years, and then promptly killing them off within 1 or 2 screen appearances. So far: Balon, Osha, Blackfish, Lem, the Dothraki bloodrider (name escapes me). Am I forgetting anyone? And that doesn't even include the new characters they introduce to promptly kill them off, like Septon Ray and Lady Crane.

Spoiler

I fully expect them to add Rickon to the list next week, if spoilers are true. What kind of amateur hour storytelling is this? They have done NOTHING to rebuild Rickon and get the audience reacquainted with him. They haven't even done anything to get the audience to care about him. No scenes with him imprisoned, or interacting with Ramsay. In fact, no scenes at all. So, next week, when he is killed, why would the audience give a whit?

4 minutes ago, Darren Allen said:

Now that we've gone off the GRRM script, it's become abundantly clear that D&D's only idea of dramatic tension is bringing back a character we haven't seen in years, and then promptly killing them off within 1 or 2 screen appearances. So far: Balon, Osha, Blackfish, Lem, the Dothraki bloodrider (name escapes me). Am I forgetting anyone? And that doesn't even include the new characters they introduce to promptly kill them off, like Septon Ray.

Reveal hidden contents

I fully expect them to add Rickon to the list next week, if spoilers are true. What kind of amateur hour storytelling is this? They have done NOTHING to rebuild Rickon and get the audience reacquainted with him. They haven't even done anything to get the audience to care about him. No scenes with him imprisoned, or interacting with Ramsay. In fact, no scenes at all. So, next week, when he is killed, why would the audience give a whit?

And what is hilarious is,  we have not actually passed the books anymore, the show hasdone a u-turn back to Affc and who ever said the showrunners had streamlined the story, seriously, what you say NOW??

Man I didn't think they would butcher the Riverlands/BWoB plot so badly and so quickly. Horrible.

The writing for this episode was terrible.

Also, I went into the episode thinking LSH was a high probability, then I see Beric alive and Lem and Co. all die. Which makes zero sense as far as motivations go for slaughtering those people is LSH wasn't around.

Not to mention all the action happened off screen this episode. Blackfish dying, Mereen attack, Waif dying. Seriously what are they doing at this point?

Anyone else scratching their head over Brienne and Pod fleeing in the boat, while Blackfish stays behind?  They literally had nothing to run from,  Jaime let them into the castle. 

Meanwhile Blackfish has to stay behind cause lulz the writers can't be bothered to write anymore scenes for him. 

If we never had another Tyrion, Grey Worm, Missandei scene that would be great.

Hopefully next week we'll get to see Ser Twenty of House Goodmen secure victory for the Boltons again.  Also hope Ramsey remembers to go shirtless into battle.  Can't be too careful.

28 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Honeypot, when Jaquen gave Arya 3 deaths at HH he had started his own rebellion against the FM and then Jaquen went back to kill them and wait for Arya to get there to help him kill the rest, Jaquen is now the Boss of the Faceless Men and Arya is his friend. In other words who the F--k knows but seeing as though we always have to do mental gymnastics in order to make the plot and logistics of the show comprehensible then that is my fanfic answer!

OK. I bow to this logic. How could it be any way else? :) That Jaquen is one hell of a risk taker though to gamble with Arya's life like that. But all's well that ends well!

You know what would be great? If HBO decided to actually hire some writers to be a part of the got staff. You know, someone who is capable of at least getting the most basic fundamentals  of telling a story right. This has gone beyond just bad or sloppy writing, the fact that this show has won an Emmy for writing is the most stupefying thing I can imagine.

Even only giving them 10mn in 3 seasons they succeeded to ruin Edmure and Blackfish characters. What evil jerks the two are, one wanting to steal his nephew castle and the other to deliver his uncle to the Freys.

Arya was the other low point of the episode. As usual most honeypotting theories we got after last episode would have made a far better story than the crap we got.

Add 5mn of Tyrion teaching GW and Miss to drink and joke (what a totally useless character since he left KL, out of surrendering his principles to slavers and drinking did he do anything as Mereen regent ?) and Bronn using his small screen time to remind us of Pod being the Rod.

I'd vote this episode as the worst of the season.

I haven't read this thread yet, so probably this stuff has already been discussed, but I need to rant anyway. Here goes...

Riverrun:
Jamie agreeing to Brienne's deal did not make much sense to me.

My anachronism of the week: family home

Jaime, you're oversharing about Cersei! But well, twincest, kinslaying... who cares about these things anymore? Btw., when he finally - and suddenly, BAM, because SHOCK! - renounces Cersei in the near future (I expect), am I supposed to cheer? Because I won't.

Blackfish dying off-screen... Sure, why not, he spent the last couple of seasons off-screen, right? Continuity!

Braavos:

Wow, Arya has sure recovered nicely, what with those deep stab wounds, twisted knife... Just a few scratches, I suppose... It's ridiculous. I really would have preferred some of those tinfoil theories being true. You can't blame people for honeypotting when the real plot makes so little sense.

Arya killing the Waif off-screen... Sure, why not. Everything else would be gratuitious. Speaking of which... Bye-bye, Older Theatre Actress, I liked you.

And has Jaquen drunk from the stupid juice, too? She's broken her contract and killed The Waif, so she is no one?! Am I supposed to find any logic in this plot, or with the FM, at all?

I'm tempted to honeypot again, but I've run out of tinfoil.

Not only do the Braavosi never bat an eyelash when there is brutal fighting in their streets, vendors also just shrug when someone knocks down all their fruits, instead of trying to catch the perpetrator... I'm sure it was like that back when.

Mereen:

Oh how I miss the days when I found Varys intriguing! Now he is just pathetic. Sucking up to Tyrion. Believing Dany will return because otherwise his little heart would break. My own heart is breaking because of the rotten dialogue, btw. And they are still roaming the streets with no protection whatsoever, but whatevs, considering that the fleet was not guarded, either...

Tyrion is insufferable. His oh-so-funny scene was going on and on and on... I want MissWorm to kill him. I actually think that if the rest of the season was boring MissWorm rom-com, it would still be marginally better than what we got.

King's Landing:

Wait, so one kingsguard (no matter how strong and undead) is not enough of a defense against the bunch of fanatics who have overtaken your city? Who'd have thunk it? No way Cersei could have known that last ep when she sent Jaime away; plus, taking back Riverrun was much more important than, say, avenge your daughter and reassert your house's position or, oh, I don't know, TAKE BACK THE CAPITAL?!

Does Tommen not realize that if his mother goes on trial for incest, he and his family will be toast? And most importantly, Ser Pounce?

But no TBC anymore, so we do know Loras will die. (I mean, are we seriously expecting the Tyrells to strike back after more than one season after the coup?)  I think I'm officially team Carol now. Burn them all, sister!

5 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

<snip for length>

Not only do the Braavosi never bat an eyelash when there is brutal fighting in their streets, vendors also just shrug when someone knocks down all their fruits, instead of trying to catch the perpetrator... I'm sure it was like that back when.

Great post, all of it. :thumbsup: 

I couldn't stop laughing when Arya was rolling around on the ground, moaning and bleeding all over the place and the man right behind her was just picking up oranges and putting them back into his basket. :lol: 

There is nothing more to say than that this was such bad writing in every aspect that it was painfull to watch. This might have been the worst episode in the entire series so far. I cannot even comprehend how bad it got. 

Archived