[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

And the hits just keep on comin.

From the preview Ramsey Sue leaves a perfectly good fortress to fight Jon "Absolutely-no-character-progression-after-being-murdered-and-brought-back" Snow and his Wild Bunch on the field.

These guys don't have the first clue what they are doing.  A class of 3rd Graders could write a more logical story.

Oh and last time Jaime called the Freys idiots for letting an army approach their camp without noticing it and this time Brienne and Podrick are 10 steps from the camp, no one cares and then, after long time, a bunch of riders come from the OPPOSITE direction.

10 minutes ago, Steelegrave said:

And the hits just keep on comin.

From the preview Ramsey Sue leaves a perfectly good fortress to fight Jon "Absolutely-no-character-progression-after-being-murdered-and-brought-back" Snow and his Wild Bunch on the field.

These guys don't have the first clue what they are doing.  A class of 3rd Graders could write a more logical story.

They still could have set it up in a believable way.

It could have had Jon attempting to draw out Ramsay by making a show of his small force on purpose...but he has a secondary plan..so he's not just a dumb suicidal freak who is intent on getting every single one of the few loyal people killed.  The secondary plan could go wrong, and then there is still a reason for the Vale to save them. Hell,they could have used Sansa as bait or something to draw him out.  Many things.

As it is, Jon will attack w/hope of victory, Ramsay will ride out for no reason when he could pick them off one by one or let them starve, and the Vale will ride in and save the one stupid fool and crush the other.

The funny thing about the Arya gut stabbing-healing thing is it could have made a lot more sense if they just added a sentence that Arya had been under Lady Crane's care for a week or 2 or 3.

Something along the lines of

Arya "I cant thank you enough for the care you have shown me for the last fort night, but you must let me leave, I can only hide here for so long before they come get me"

Just now, SerMixalot said:

The funny thing about the Arya gut stabbing-healing thing is it could have made a lot more sense if they just added a sentence that Arya had been under Lady Crane's care for a week or 2 or 3.

Something along the lines of

Arya "I cant thank you enough for the care you have shown me for the last fort night, but you must let me leave, I can only hide here for so long before they come get me"

That won't work either, because she's not going to be a ninja, running and falling down stairs and show no ill effects.  Better would have been that she staged the whole thing, was wearing some kind of leather or something under her clothing so yes, she was stabbed, but nothing like it appeared in terms of seriousness....

I also am insulted that people are supposed to believe Bobcut didn't get any blind training? Why not?  Reasons.

So now the characters in KL cares only about KL now. A Lord paramount is overthrown and the king's sister murdered but the crown doesn't care. Every character in a plot only care about their plot now. They even ceased to be characters anymore. They act as the plot wants. The biggest example is Cersei. In season 5 she received a threat from Dorne and she sends Jaime to bring Myrcella. She even vows to burn their cities of Myrcella comes to harm. Now after she got murdered in Dorne what she does? Sends Jaime and the Lannister army to help Freys. Does this make any sense. Cersei does not act how she should because she is involved in the KL plot and the KL plot is only about the Faith now. Everything happens because of plot convenience. Sansa shouldn't send a fighter like Brienne south on a useless mission which could be easily done with a letter. But Brienne has to meet Jaime so she has to come south even if that means she adds nothing to the plot. Inconsistency everywhere. You have the spymaster Varys in Meereen aiding Tyrion. But he couldn't see the masters are planning to break the promise and siege Meereen. Like he heard no news about them preparing a navy. This season seems a lot worser than the previous one. In the last season it felt nothing happened but at least something made sense without making mental gymnastics. And Dorne got the blame for everything bad in that season. This season Dorne seems to be the new standard. Every plot is riddled with potholes and inconsistencies and even  season 5 considered the worst had less of them. It's sad to see the show I once loved become this.

What the hell was this? There wasn't one scene that was right. 

so what is the brotherhood doing? Going North to help the Starks? Or kill white walkers with their bare hands they have no idea about? 

Tyrion telling jokes with Grey Worm and Missendei for the second time in one season for some five minutes? Seriously? We don't have enough plotlines to take care of? We don't have enough shit happening? We don't have a crap ton of characters who need to be killed off? We have all the time for wine tasting and unfunny jokes? 

Riverrun itself was an unfunny joke. I get that the Blackfish doesn't want to help Sansa. He never met her, he doesn't know what's up with her, what she is fighting at what odds. But why say she is just like her mother? How the fuck would you know that? How the fuck could anybody tell from a letter that Sansa is like her mother? And after the heartfelt observation, he still refuses to go. What was the point of that? 

And what the fuck was that horrid long dialogue between Jaime and Edmure, it made no sense whatsoever. Jaime going on about Cersei and Catelyn and the things we do for love it was all pointless ramble. And then Edmure is having the gate opened to the Lannisters. Because he is a human potato like Tommen. 

Brienne has to leave in a hurry, Blackfish not coming. I get that too he is fucking fed up with everybody, his nephew just sold their castle to the Lannisters. He wants to die fighting Lannisters. Fine. But then let me see the bloody man die fighting Lannisters! Seriously what the fuck is going on, did the show decide to go back to PG13 that people are dying off screen now?

oh and podrick and Bronn were a complete waste of time. 

And back to Meereen. No. No. You have to be kidding me. Instead of finally leaving that wretched city for good, we have a major battle unfolding. Why? What masters are these? The Meereenese ones? How did they get out and acquire ships? The Masters of Astapor and Yunkaii? Why would those give a fuck about Meereen? What kind of fucked up fraternity would make the masters of different cities to willingly to war with Daenerys once more after they finally got rid of her? We will not get out of Meereen this season. 

And then Daenerys arrives and Drogon flies off. Facepalm. What the fuck does she intend to do now, stand on a balcony, recite her titles and tell everybody that slavery will never return to Meereen? Why not burn the ships from above with Drogon? What the fuck is the point of having dragons if they are either flying off or rotting in catacombs? Negotiations and the peaceful way got her nowhere, why not try and burn the shit out of her enemies that's why she has bloody dragons! 

KL... That's what you call violence? Tearing off the head of someone who attacked you and letting everybody else go? So PG13... No trial by combat, bitches, we will just sit around and have more talking, possibly done by Tommen so everybody falls asleep too. Why are people not dying?! Kevan, Lancel, Pycelle, the High Sparrow, why is everybody still alive? Tommen, Cersei! These people all need to fucking die and soon. Characters should be dying like flies especially if they are coming back at this pace... 

And Bravos... After all the guessing about the grand Arya twist, it turns out it was just crap writing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Yes, people usually think too much into everything. But of all the ways the Arya plot could have gone down, this was by far the poorest choice. Girl acts like a fucking idiot because fuck consistency and she is a stark anyways who are famously stupid as fuck. Gets stabbed in the gut multiple times. Is healed overnight by a friend who immediately dies for helping her. Makes narrow escape and find herself in a chase in a crowded city. She jumps off of tall buildings at every turn in spite of her stabbed wounds, falls down stone stairs to acquire even more injuries, runs until she finds a weapon last minute and then defeats her enemy bleeding from stabbed wounds and Aching from bruises. A girl's name is James fucking Bond and she is in the wrong fucking movie! And the Waif dies off screen because PG13 for life. And seeking out Lady Crane... Really? Really? 

It was disappointing from the first second to the very last. 

5 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

What the hell was this? There wasn't one scene that was right. 

so what is the brotherhood doing? Going North to help the Starks? Or kill white walkers with their bare hands they have no idea about? 

Tyrion telling jokes with Grey Worm and Missendei for the second time in one season for some five minutes? Seriously? We don't have enough plotlines to take care of? We don't have enough shit happening? We don't have a crap ton of characters who need to be killed off? We have all the time for wine tasting and unfunny jokes? 

Riverrun itself was an unfunny joke. I get that the Blackfish doesn't want to help Sansa. He never met her, he doesn't know what's up with her, what she is fighting at what odds. But why say she is just like her mother? How the fuck would you know that? How the fuck could anybody tell from a letter that Sansa is like her mother? And after the heartfelt observation, he still refuses to go. What was the point of that? 

And what the fuck was that horrid long dialogue between Jaime and Edmure, it made no sense whatsoever. Jaime going on about Cersei and Catelyn and the things we do for love it was all pointless ramble. And then Edmure is having the gate opened to the Lannisters. Because he is a human potato like Tommen. 

Brienne has to leave in a hurry, Blackfish not coming. I get that too he is fucking fed up with everybody, his nephew just sold their castle to the Lannisters. He wants to die fighting Lannisters. Fine. But then let me see the bloody man die fighting Lannisters! Seriously what the fuck is going on, did the show decide to go back to PG13 that people are dying off screen now?

oh and podrick and Bronn were a complete waste of time. 

And back to Meereen. No. No. You have to be kidding me. Instead of finally leaving that wretched city for good, we have a major battle unfolding. Why? What masters are these? The Meereenese ones? How did they get out and acquire ships? The Masters of Astapor and Yunkaii? Why would those give a fuck about Meereen? What kind of fucked up fraternity would make the masters of different cities to willingly to war with Daenerys once more after they finally got rid of her? We will not get out of Meereen this season. 

And then Daenerys arrives and Drogon flies off. Facepalm. What the fuck does she intend to do now, stand on a balcony, recite her titles and tell everybody that slavery will never return to Meereen? Why not burn the ships from above with Drogon? What the fuck is the point of having dragons if they are either flying off or rotting in catacombs? Negotiations and the peaceful way got her nowhere, why not try and burn the shit out of her enemies that's why she has bloody dragons! 

KL... That's what you call violence? Tearing off the head of someone who attacked you and letting everybody else go? So PG13... No trial by combat, bitches, we will just sit around and have more talking, possibly done by Tommen so everybody falls asleep too. Why are people not dying?! Kevan, Lancel, Pycelle, the High Sparrow, why is everybody still alive? Tommen, Cersei! These people all need to fucking die and soon. Characters should be dying like flies especially if they are coming back at this pace... 

And Bravos... After all the guessing about the grand Arya twist, it turns out it was just crap writing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Yes, people usually think too much into everything. But of all the ways the Arya plot could have gone down, this was by far the poorest choice. Girl acts like a fucking idiot because fuck consistency and she is a stark anyways who are famously stupid as fuck. Gets stabbed in the gut multiple times. Is healed overnight by a friend who immediately dies for helping her. Makes narrow escape and find herself in a chase in a crowded city. She jumps off of tall buildings at every turn in spite of her stabbed wounds, falls down stone stairs to acquire even more injuries, runs until she finds a weapon last minute and then defeats her enemy bleeding from stabbed wounds and Aching from bruises. A girl's name is James fucking Bond and she is in the wrong fucking movie! And the Waif dies off screen because PG13 for life. And seeking out Lady Crane... Really? Really? 

It was disappointing from the first second to the very last. 

That was an excellent rant.  I'm sort of sad that I don't have the energy to muster a serious rant any more.

41 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Soooooooooo

LF killed Joffrey

Sansa KNOWS LF killed Joffrey-she was sort of made an accomplice after the fact

Brienne now serves Sansa (supposedly) and spent a lot of time with her

Sansa would not have any reason NOT to tell Brienne about LF killing Joffrey-it would even protect Sansa in a small way

Brienne and Jaime meet

Jaime says Sansa is wanted for killing  Joffrey

Brienne does not point out LF killed Joffrey

and

34 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I've said it before and I will say it again, when characters act contradictory to the knowledge they have or should have, that is bad writing.

This!  This ridiculous wilful blindness about Littlefinger and omission to share information about him drives me mad.  The show-writers clearly want to keep him on as a villain to keep ensaring Sansa, but the changes they chose to make to the story now scream he be unmasked for what he is.

21 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Oh and last time Jaime called the Freys idiots for letting an army approach their camp without noticing it and this time Brienne and Podrick are 10 steps from the camp, no one cares and then, after long time, a bunch of riders come from the OPPOSITE direction.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw this.

But in fairness, it is tough to detect people arriving by teleportation.

14 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

Slash

Stab

Stab with a twist

Should be NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Ha! :D Well, they at least made a juvenile effort to convince the few members of their fanbase with a smidgen of common sense as to why Arya is still alive. What an amazing coincidence ..this actress has more skills than a maester cause she's got a habit of stabbing her one night stands in the gut and then sewing them back up. She can stitch intestines? Why isn't she being sought out all over Essos? I'm sure a surgeon like her could make a killing in comparison to a share of donations from peasants for a show.

Oh, maybe it's cause she's so stupid that she feeds the person who's guts she has just sewn up right after surgery. :o

11 hours ago, ummester said:

Dinklage is such a useless fucking actor - this episode proved, more than any, that without GRRMs writing, Tyrion is a meh character played by a hack. The only reason Tyrion was once so engaging is he was closely based on book Tyrion.

That goes for the entire show.  If they had stuck to the books, dialogue , plot etc. it would haven been a brilliant show. They too stupid and arrogant to think they could improve on a masterpiece. 

I'm in tears of laughter reading these posts. I needed that after this episode.

2 things make me sad though: the time people on spec for the Arya plot. What a waste. What you see is what you get. RIP, layered storytelling.

NCW showed he can act his arse off with even a glimmer of something approaching actual dialogue. And he hasn't been given dick to do for 3 seasons. The Cersei thing is now past farcical. This could've been a defining character for the actor. Instead...

Great seeing Tobias Menzies though. He is seriously talented. RUNBACKTOOUTLANDER! That scene between him and NCW, even with the Cerseing, was good because they're both great.

Preview: I had a sick feeling Sansa was speaking to Jon about LF, not Ramsay when she said 'you don't know him.' Which... vomit. I hope I'm wrong.

I also have a feeling this may have been goodbye for Brienne and Jaime. Let's see. The entire RR thing was baffling in its sheer pointlessness.

Aah, there I go. I promised myself I wouldn't waste my energy beyond reading and laughing. :P

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That was an excellent rant.  I'm sort of sad that I don't have the energy to muster a serious rant any more.

What makes me mad is that I loved the first half of the season. But the last two episodes were terrible. That, and the fact that I had all the hopes that we would be one step closer to the end with this season. We aren't. We are basically back to AFFC/ADWD timeline. We will possibly see the end of the Bolton storyline and might or might not see the end of Cersei.  We may or may not find out R+L, though it seems to be forgotten at this point. Other than that, literally no progress. For 10 hours and $100M. 

Archived