[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

On 6/13/2016 at 2:56 AM, tmug said:

Edmure ultimately got played by Jaime. Jaime got Edmure to give in to his bitterness towards his uncle. His punishment was going to be exactly what Edmure got from the Freys, that definitely sounded like part of the deal with Jaime.

Jaime wanted to rub it in to the Blackfish personally, but alas he dies off screen valiantly again winning over Jaime. Go BF

Well - I suppose.  If you call getting slaughtered by being outmanned offscreen as "winning."   I can't wait to see Jaime die.  And Cersei.  In fact - all the Lannisters.  Expect Tyrion.  He's the only decent one.   

Anyway - this weeks episode (No. 9) was so good - that I hardly care about this anymore.  Though I suppose we'll see some kind of resolution regarding the Lannister army and the Freys and whatnot.

8 hours ago, Stark Loyal said:

Well - I suppose.  If you call getting slaughtered by being outmanned offscreen as "winning."   I can't wait to see Jaime die.  And Cersei.  In fact - all the Lannisters.  Expect Tyrion.  He's the only decent one.   

Anyway - this weeks episode (No. 9) was so good - that I hardly care about this anymore.  Though I suppose we'll see some kind of resolution regarding the Lannister army and the Freys and whatnot.

Well in a way the Blackfish did get the last f-you to Jaime by going down in an "honorable" way fighting to his off-screen death. Jaime called for the Blackfish not imagining the guy would go out fighting. He probably wanted to get the last word in by having the Blackfish in chains but the Blackfish did him one better and went out with "honor". Something Jaime will never have but he wants so badly.

I think Jaime will be redeemed before it's all over, even to the point where we don't even care that he pushed Bran out the window (the event that helped start all this shit). Bran knows everything but can't remember why he is a cripple? It was necessary for all this to start happening and Bran will come to understand that and almost be grateful to Jaime for doing it. No cripple, no Hodor, no hold the door, no escaping from certain deaths because of Hodor, no BR, etc.

On 6/22/2016 at 1:04 AM, tmug said:

I think Jaime will be redeemed before it's all over, even to the point where we don't even care that he pushed Bran out the window (the event that helped start all this shit). Bran knows everything but can't remember why he is a cripple? It was necessary for all this to start happening and Bran will come to understand that and almost be grateful to Jaime for doing it. No cripple, no Hodor, no hold the door, no escaping from certain deaths because of Hodor, no BR, etc.

Yeah, I think that's where the real conundrum lies.  If - in this world of each event having a specific meaning and purpose - like Bran having to become "broken" to find his true calling (greenseer - and arguably - savior of the entire world) then yes its true that Jaime pushing Bran out the window was a necessary part of the whole "divine" plan.

But - people get killed and slaughtered every day in this world.

Jaime and Cersei deserve their turn with that.

Are we to take it as fact that Arya chopped the Walder brothers into bits and pieces? Why expend all that time and effort when it would have been much more practical (and just as effective) to remove a few fingers and toes and bake them in a pie? To do what she needed to do and then dump the bodies?

Archived