[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

22 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Trying not to think about that one. I'm just pretending whatever black horse he ends up riding is Stranger.

Oh, I did have a moment where I thought he'll be walking around this episode and he's stopping somewhere to get his horse back.

Nah, he just kept walking. Sonofa….

Very concerned for Big Nyms and Hot Pie now. 

New shoes, no horse. So pissed. But I thought the same thing you did too. We'll just call him Granger or Grazer or something…all the same Craven to me. B) This is like Arya without Needle. Huge loss.

And I thought about what is the first thing he says to Sansa when they meet up after all the wisecracks tonight. It will be so earnest and lame, just too funny. Case in point: Calling the bowman a bloody girl, and then getting all serious about girls better than him trying to kill him. Nice smooth transition and it worked/flowed. Not easy to do. Great job the last two episodes especially. Hard when any actor has to return after a long period of time and in a new facet, yet still retain the old essence too.

4 minutes ago, C.T. Phipps said:

She's not on trial for sleeping with Jaime.

She is. We already covered this but here is the show Wiki: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Mother's_Mercy

"Septa Unella enters Cersei's cell and orders her to confess. Finally giving in, Cersei is brought before the High Sparrow to confess her sins. She confesses her adultery with SerLancel, but denies her incestuous relationship with her brother Jaime. Cersei begs to be allowed to go to the Red Keep to see her son Tommen."

Since she confessed to Lancel, it wouldn't make sense she was on trial for that. It is about her brother and her children, as it always has been, as Stannis, Ned, and Renly all died for--the High Sparrow is bringing this issue to trial. There's no way around it. The showrunners screwed this one up, and it proves one thing--there will likely be no trial. If there was a trial, they would have realized their error when they were writing it out. Since there is no trial, I am guessing whatever Qyburn was sent to find will be used to circumvent the trial. This is just lazy writing to get to a dramatic finale. 

Edit: Sermixalot is the one who originally pointed this out, I'd like to add. Good memory.

23 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, I hated the way they made it seem like Cersei was just like Catelyn. Just two good moms. Will they ever stop whitewashing Cersei? She just smirked while an evil zombie ripped off a guy's face.

If they would make up their minds, and stick to something, anything...

...preferably to something good and logical....please.

I don't get what they have planned for Cersei ...since there was no valonqar mentioned in the show-prophecy I have no idea how she will die.

But I think we are supposed to feel sad for her because she is such a fantastic, faithful wife, an adorable sister to at least one brother, a clever regent and above all: a great loving mom to....NotJoffrey and that blond girl,what was her name again? Never mind, she was doomed to die anyway...anyhow, Cersei is also nice and kind and oppressed and just wanted to have the same right to rule like her sons and her husband have - she is no evil, mean, paranoid shrew who manipulates and kills as she pleases .....nooo, she is almost perfect!:blink:

I had to look in the dictionary, and there is not a word that exists in the entire English language that can articulate the disgust I am feeling after watching this episode. 

HBO should be embarrassed.

Never has watching an hour of a television program depressed me so much. Not for how bad the show is, which is depressing in of itself, but because of how the popularity of this show reflects the state of the society that I live in. Airing a show like this should not make a network millions of dollars, it should bankrupt it. 

I literally feel nauseous after watching that disgusting portrayal of GRRM's masterful work of literature. The books are an ingenious work of art, watching the show is like sticking your head in a rancid overflowing cesspool. :ack:  

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yes they might - but if those ships burn down - there will still be the 1000 ships of Urine,ehm...Euron Greyjoy.

Varys may show up w/them after the Queen excepts Yara and Reek?  Idk, seems like something they'll resolve next 1/2 season.

1 minute ago, Darkstream said:

I had to look in the dictionary, and there is not a word that exists in the entire English language that can articulate the disgust I am feeling after watching this episode. 

HBO should be embarrassed.

Never has watching an hour of a television program depressed me so much. Not for how bad the show is, which is depressing in of itself, but because of how the popularity of this show reflects the state of the society that I live in. Airing a show like this should not make a network millions of dollars, it should bankrupt it. 

I literally feel nauseous after watching that disgusting portrayal of GRRM's masterful work of literature. The books are an ingenious work of art, watching the show is like sticking your head in a rancid overflowing cesspool. :ack:  

What about the word "santorum?" That one isn't in any printed dictionary, but online...you'll find it, and it might describe your feelings.

14 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

She is. We already covered this but here is the show Wiki: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Mother's_Mercy

"Septa Unella enters Cersei's cell and orders her to confess. Finally giving in, Cersei is brought before the High Sparrow to confess her sins. She confesses her adultery with SerLancel, but denies her incestuous relationship with her brother Jaime. Cersei begs to be allowed to go to the Red Keep to see her son Tommen."

Since she confessed to Lancel, it wouldn't make sense she was on trial for that. It is about her brother and her children, as it always has been, as Stannis, Ned, and Renly all died for--the High Sparrow is bringing this issue to trial. There's no way around it. The showrunners screwed this one up, and it proves one thing--there will likely be no trial. If there was a trial, they would have realized their error when they were writing it out. Since there is no trial, I am guessing whatever Qyburn was sent to find will be used to circumvent the trial. This is just lazy writing to get to a dramatic finale. 

Edit: Sermixalot is the one who originally pointed this out, I'd like to add. Good memory.

No mistake will get by me.  :) 

ok I have to admit someone else's post brought the thought to my mind! 

There was plenty I hated about the show tonight...

but one thing I'd point out:   Tommen's legitimacy isn't in question, I don't think..... If it was, Jaime would have been arrested at one point or another as well, and he hasn't been. So him denying Cersei's chance @ trial by combat is simply him being stupid, and potentially sentencing Cersei to die....... or, more likely, into a Lannister led revolt against the Faith, once Jaime returns to KL with his army.

Now then, on with the hate.... Arya and the Waif are BOTH supposed to be either Faceless Men, or effectively fully trained recruits who only need to get a kill under the belts/pass a test to become faceless men.....  How does Arya still not know how to recognize the Waif in disguise by that point? Why is the Waif attacking Arya with all the skill and grace of a Jerry Springer Show interviewee who just found out her baby daddy is sleeping with her best friend? The only thing either of them did, that even remotely looked like they where capable of being deadly, was Arya slashing out the candle.... which is something she knew how to do after training with Syrio... so I really just don't understand how the show at all ever created the illusion that the Faceless Men where much of an actual dangerous group of people.

Moving on....

Blackfish dead for no reason....umm ok.

Jaime still loving Cersei...... I mean... why? It ruins both of their arcs from the books,

Edmure going to take the Tully army North? They all prisoners? I don't get it. Like... I can understand Edmure trying to have a plotpoint where he doesn't want his baby getting catapaulted into the castle walls... but there was absolutely nothing plot development wise out of any of Jaime, Brienne, or the Blackfish...

We already heard last episode that the Iron Fleet was not only already in Slaver's Bay, but that the news of it already had reached Bravos.... So.... how where the Harpies able to sail a fleet in?

Why the hell did we waste like 10 minutes of Tyrion/Missandre/Greyworm talking about anything?

What exactly is the point of making it look like Tyrion sucks at his job?

Daenarys lands at the top of the pyramid and strolls in, saying nothing, despite the fact that her city is under siege.

Apparently none of the unsullied noticed that there is a hundred thousand Dothraki outside the city gates.....

3 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

What about the word "santorum?" That one isn't in any printed dictionary, but online...you'll find it, and it might describe your feelings.

Well that's a good one, but I think it describes the show better than my feelings. 

This episode left a whole helluva lot to be desired but the BWB and the Hound was awesome. It was good seeing Beric and Thoros back on screen again and the Hound back to his badass ways. I hope they play a big role in the next season. 

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

When Jaime gets back to KL and finds she's burned the place down, will he still hopelessly devoted to her? When will the madness end?

That's the true test. The depth and development of the Jamie character is that he is reviled and hated for his greatest (and most righteous) act, killing the Mad King before he burned down the capital and killed everyone. But instead of being hailed as a hero, he is looked upon with disgust. Season 3 (when there was actually some hope for his character and they were on track with the books) demonstrated this internal struggle and character complexity well, especially the bath scene. The conflict is that he is torn between his 'duty' and 'what is right'. So to see this play out again only with the woman he loved and forced to make a difficult decision would make for a dramatic, poetic and thematically consistent scene.

But judging by D&D's history with such themes; they'll probably just copulate in the ashes of Kings Landing...

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

There was plenty I hated about the show tonight...

but one thing I'd point out:   Tommen's legitimacy isn't in question, I don't think..... If it was, Jaime would have been arrested at one point or another as well, and he hasn't been. So him denying Cersei's chance @ trial by combat is simply him being stupid, and potentially sentencing Cersei to die....... or, more likely, into a Lannister led revolt against the Faith, once Jaime returns to KL with his army.

SNIP

This is the show where Jaime admitted to a half a dozen sins/crimes in the Sept and was not arrested.  The twincest is DEFINITELY the only named crime that Cersei has been charged with-Ep. 10, Season 5-confession scene.  There may be other charges unstated, but that DEFINITELY is in. 

Archived