[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

5 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Just in case, we better send George an email and let him know about this plot hole in case this was his idea. 

I don't want to interrupt his writing.

2 hours ago, Iceaxe said:

Do they really think the terminator stuff is smth witty to do?! Looks like its all a joke forcthese jokers :-(   i'll admit the candle bit was great (if we forget arya had it handed to her all the time before) but everything was really underwhelming. All trailers and speculations hyped us for pretty much nothing. 

I did like the way she closed her eyes and gathered herself up and felt the Force flowing through her, before dousing the candle with her lightsaber.

Dinklage is such a useless fucking actor - this episode proved, more than any, that without GRRMs writing, Tyrion is a meh character played by a hack. The only reason Tyrion was once so engaging is he was closely based on book Tyrion.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

The show sucks.

We can say officially, that finally Arya's story also partook of the GOT poison and officially not one story in the show make sense.  There is brutal, soul destroying stupidity everywhere you look.  There is no getting away from it, it's like a virus.

The show sucks? Come on? We got to see a man finger rape another man fir no reason, that's epic writhing right there! What more could we ask for?

3 minutes ago, ummester said:

Dinklage is such a useless fucking actor - this episode proved, more than any, that without GRRMs writing, Tyrion is a meh character played by a hack. The only reason Tyrion was once so engaging is he was closely based on book Tyrion.

How could he play that garbage any better?  They made his character into a smug idiot.  No way Varys and him let Mereen's guard down especially after what happened on the docks.  He's a good actor, but has had nothing to work with.

6 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

How could he play that garbage any better?  They made his character into a smug idiot.  No way Varys and him let Mereen's guard down especially after what happened on the docks.  He's a good actor, but has had nothing to work with.

A good actor can make shit lines engaging - look at Lena Headey, her lines are just as shit but she is still enjoyable to watch. Dinlkage is an extremely overrated and fairly crap actor - ever hear any of his voice acting for video games that was canned? And then he is arrogant  enough to blame the dialogue when the truth is, unless he is spoon fed good dialogue, he can't act for shit.

What an awful episode. The Arya arc insults a viewer's intelligence.  All that built up in KL and really still NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.  The whole "I choose violence" scene was written only for the TV trailers, because it accomplished NOTHING.  

All the "Meereen is boring in the books" people can shut up now because Meereen is far more boring in the show. We had to spend 5 minutes listening to unfunny jokes, after earlier in the season watching the same three person spend 5 minutes trying to find something interesting to talk about. And the show defenders has the gall to tell us the show can't do this or that because "there is no time to fit everything in".

And Riverrun, what the hell is the point of all that. Brienne didn't get an army, at the beginning of this arc, Brienne was serving Sansa, Riverrun was under the control of the Freys and Edmure is a prisoner, and Blackfish is one the run something, now Riverrun is still under the Lannister/Freys, Edmure still a prisoner, Brienne is on her way back to Sansa, and the Blackfish is dead, so the only thing that has happened is that BF died.

They are literally spinning in circles.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

A good actor can make shit lines engaging - look at Lena Headey, her lines are just as shit but she is still enjoyable to watch. Dinlkage is an extremely overrated and fairly crap actor - ever hear any of his voice acting for video games that was canned? And then he is arrogant  enought to blame the dialogue when the truth is, unless he is spoon fed good dialogue, he can't act for shit.

When has she ever had a scene that was some shitty "team building" joke/wine/games session, let alone more than 1 in a season?  What scene w/o Varys was any good.  Not just the dialogue, but the concept of the scene itself?  I've not played video games, but I've seen him in other movies where he was solid if not good (though at times typecast trope, eg children's auther in ELF). 

1. Jesus Christ this Arya storyline is fucking stupid as shit. Kill her off at once so we don't have to continue wasting time with this bullshit. She's a tiny 10 year old girl and now I'm supposed to believe she's a badass?? No thanks. 

2. I always re-watch the episode just see some of the nuances I might have missed. Usually fast forward through the shit storylines like Dany, Arya, and KL, but come the fuck on with this episode. This was an all time low tonight. I mean, why even bother with this episode. Surely someone in charge was like "God this episode truly fucking suck"

3. Did I mention how truly embarrassing Arya has been from the very beginning of the series. How GRRM wrote her to be this special and all the pervy fan boys jumped on board and loved this character is beyond me. Hell, now I expect her to kill The Mountain as her first act back in Westeros and then she might as well head north and kill the NK. Fuck it, she's that good obviously 

Just now, no_one_... said:

When has she ever had a scene that was some shitty "team building" joke/wine/games session, let alone more than 1 in a season?  What scene w/o Varys was any good.  Not just the dialogue, but the concept of the scene itself?  I've not played video games, but I've seen him in other movies where he was solid if not good (though at times typecast trope, eg children's auther in ELF). 

Have you seen Dinklage in Pixels? He managed to be the worst thing in a film that was incredibly crap anyway :D Or that X Men film - he was so meh in that.

Varys carried the scene he was in with Tyrion this episode - although the scene was about Tyrion's emotions it only worked because of the way the actor who plays Varys handled it.

Dinklage is flat - totally flat. Without narrative buildup, music or supporting characters it is obvious to see. The reason it is so easy to see in Missendai/Greyworm scenes is because they are crap actors also.

Headey has had some pretty appalling lines this and last season but she still injects her version of Cersie into them, she is a good actress, with screen presence and the ability to insert character into the roles she plays.

22 minutes ago, ummester said:

He is a fine actor. He's proven it in films and in other scenes of this show that had nothing to do with anything written in the books. Stop exagerrating.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Have you seen Dinklage in Pixels? He managed to be the worst thing in a film that was incredibly crap anyway :D Or that X Men film - he was so meh in that.

Varys carried the scene he was in with Tyrion this episode - although the scene was about Tyrion's emotions it only worked because of the way the actor who plays Varys handled it.

Dinklage is flat - totally flat. Without narrative buildup, music or supporting characters it is obvious to see. The reason it is so easy to see in Missendai/Greyworm scenes is because they are crap actors also.

Headey has had some pretty appalling lines this and last season but she still injects her version of Cersie into them, she is a good actress, with screen presence and the ability to insert character into the roles she plays.

I agree with you, Dinklage is no great actor, he only looked great because he had great material to work with.  Tyrion is a great character. When showTyrion resembled book Tyrion he was a great character, when show Tyrion became the "Gift" he became a disaster.

Archived