[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

1 minute ago, of man and wolf said:

He is a fine actor. He's proven it in films and in other scenes of this show that had nothing to do with anything written in the books. Stop exagerrating.

No he isn't. Tell me anything other than Game of Thrones seasons 1-4 that Dinklage has had notable screen presence in.

5 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

My main gripe is that essentially, Edmure gave up his home and in a way got his uncle killed for a woman he's never seen since his wedding night and a baby that he has never seen that will grow up to be a Frey.

Yeah, I hate kids too...

Just now, no_one_... said:

I took it as less about giving up to save himself as much as everyone else.  Didn't have an issue w/this point tbh.

Edmure in the books made sure he waited until the BF got away before he surrendered the castle, because he's not going to let his uncle get killed.

Edmure in the show doesn't give a crap about his kin.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

btw in their long line of destroying book dialogue, trebuchet becomes catapult

I noticed that too. Ugh. I think they took the books, put the all in a blender, whirled them up and whatever words were left is what they used for dialogue. That's why it all sounds so choppy and disjointed. 

2 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Edmure in the books made sure he waited until the BF got away before he surrendered the castle, because he's not going to let his uncle get killed.

Edmure in the show doesn't give a crap about his kin.

after the way the BF treated him, I don't blame him

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

The Larry and Edmure scene... All I could think was...

I hate Larry. I hate Larry. I hate Larry.

(On the other hand, Tobias Menzies was amazing in that scene.)

He is brilliant, but again, another waste of talent on badly written character and scenes.

At first I thought that Jaime's character regression was the worst part of the episode (seriously, they are DETERMINED to keep him in his season 1 personality [and what the hell is up with Edmure?]) but then we got to the end with Arya. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

Since when are assassins just running through the streets after their victims? What happened to being discreet? What happened to being sneaky and not drawing attention to yourself?

Why is the Waif so goddamn emotional? Shouldn't she be "No One?" yet she has a huge beef with Arya for some reason.

How the fuck was Arya able to kill The Waif? She was wounded and has never been able to beat her before.

Why did Jaqen let Arya leave?

HOW THE FUCK DID  ARYA SURVIVE HER WOUNDS LONG ENOUGH TO GET TO THE ACTRESS? AND AGAIN, HOW IN ALL OF THE SEVEN HELLS WAS SHE ABLE TO KILL THE WAIF WHILE WOUNDED?

That was seriously the most stupid scene in the entire show. Not the worst, not the most offensive, but definitely the dumbest. What in the entire fuck.

Also, special shout out to the Brotherhood Without Banners, who were brought back to the show even though Stoneheart wasn't. They even hang people without her. Fuck D&D. Seriously.

Prepare yourselves for the next episode when we're going to get the amazing Kit Harrington's expressionless face attempting to act as a leader but not convincing anyone even in the trailer

good lord

3 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

Arya survives stabbing and falling, whereas the men who get stabbed this season die instantly...women on top?

The Waif is the worst assassin in the world, just slowly walking around in the open like the T-1000 and shit...

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.  Its like she was straight up channeling Robert Patrick.

11 minutes ago, Nami said:

Prepare yourselves for the next episode when we're going to get the amazing Kit Harrington's expressionless face attempting to act as a leader but not convincing anyone even in the trailer

good lord

that was funny, I mean if you cant be inspirational in a trailer what chance do you have in the real thing

So this is when I join the haters.  It was the show that got me into GoT, so I was always wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt.

But the show hasn't just jumped the shark, it's done a Free Willy into pure bullshit.

No way George treats one of his favourite characters (Arya) with such contempt.

24 minutes ago, ummester said:

No he isn't. Tell me anything other than Game of Thrones seasons 1-4 that Dinklage has had notable screen presence in.

STATION AGENT!!! He is great in it.

I also like him in "Penelope" but it's just a minor role - though he somehow is the villain.

4 minutes ago, Aemon Targaryen said:

So this is when I join the haters.  It was the show that got me into GoT, so I was always wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt.

But the show hasn't just jumped the shark, it's done a Free Willy into pure bullshit.

No way George treats one of his favourite characters (Arya) with such contempt.

Me too despite my "issues" with the show, I will forever be grateful to GoT for introducing me to ASOIAF

I was always pissed at people moaning on this thread and nitpicking every scene, even if that scene was good. 

But now they have every right to criticize, the Arya plot in this episode and the last was truly awful, bad writing. We all thought that wasn't Arya because it was too over the top to have her receiving that ammount of damage and be able to kill the Waif. Why they wrote the last episode in that way ? Why they made Arya suffer those injuries and make it so graphic ? I simply can't understand.

Archived