[Poll] How would you rate episode 608?

Ran

How would you rate episode 608?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

3 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

It's mostly the lack of potential. There was setup for the Blackfish to have Edmure's scene and do something one way or the other. Arya's storyline could have went so many different ways, more poignant ways. I thought for sure they were going somewhere, I thought we were actually going to see Nymeria when she put Arya to sleep. Also, she want's to go to More-Westeros? I guess the list is out?

How about the faith having some response to the mountain basically dismembering one of them?

Indeed! At that that point i was thinking the same thing that the only thing that could save Arya now is Nymeria! :D Yes i thought also the Riverrun scenes were going to lead to something bigger  :( . I doubt the Faith is going to put zombie mountain on trial :D 

The fact that the show runners have to stoop so low by giving us a VERY GRAPHIC stabbing scene last episode, and then undo it with a band aid, tells you this show is a dumpsterfire.

this show is made for the lowest common denominators, which are the morons who gave this episode anything over a 5.

I usually hate people that say this kind of thing but I'm pretty confident I could've written a better episode than this.

I don't understand how Arya is outrunning anyone. Or why she was apparently such a retard last episode.

I don't understand the point of Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei scene.

I don't understand why Jaime couldn't have just stuck to his book dialogue and why they made it about Cersei.

I don't understand how the BwB even knows about White Walkers.

Why would you have the Blackfish die off screen?

So much disappointment. The show no longer makes any sense. Worst episode of the whole series. I guess 3/10.

7 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

It was ok, pretty much another setup episode. We get the battle of Meereen and the battle of Winterfell coming. Varys is off to get help, hmmm something tells me Dorne, the army of the Sun and Littlefinger with the army of the moon.

I think next episode is about Ramsey and Jon, solely. Sort of like that episode of the wildlings at the wall.

I'm not overly excited about Mereen, Daenarys started to bore me. She wins too much, too frequently. Last time she convinced a bunch of dothrakis to follow her after setting a whole structure on fire and come out of it miraculously alive... again. That was the worst part of this season to me, the complete recycle of a scene. More than that, a scene that was suposed to be unique.

Ramsey, however, I can hate. Just as much as I can love the Starks. No, that episode doesn't deserve a 1. Whoever gave such low rating should be watching another series, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

7. Not bad like others in this season, not so great either. 

I found it hella better than last week's, so i gave it a 7. It wasnt great and im still salty about the Blackfish, but ive never been gladder to see Dany back in Meereen.

I was expecting A LOT more from the 'I choose violence' scene. I've been looking forward to that ever since the season trailer came out and man i just feel......well, trolled by the producers to be honest. Everyone expected something truly epic from that scene and it just did not deliver. 

My goodness... that was a really pretty, well acted and expensive looking sort of terrible.

Thank God for GRRM because without his books to adapt, these guys write on the level of everyone else in the world, which isn't at all adequate. Generic plotlines, no ingenuity, stretching of plausibility and just stupid, non in-character decisions all around.

Dany just let her dragon fly away? Makes perfect sense. Blackfish committed suicide instead of helping Sansa? OK. Arya got miracle healing? Yep. They couldn't even get us a plausible end to that setup so they just skipped it? Sure. All that in a single episode? El. Oh. El.

Get. The -uck. Out of here.

The entire plotline for Arya is this:

Kinda thought she wanted to learn to fight and be a badass, never really managed it, went rogue against the baddest assassin guild, developed most moronic escape plan ever, was mortally wounded but survived, tricked someone into a dark room because blindness, add some salt - she's no one!

Good God.

That plotline alone was so bad that it failed the entire episode and soured much of the season (that I've rated well enough until now).

Forget it - 1.

About a 6.5.

Another scene setting episode that sneakily did a lot to advance the plot without actually feeling like it. All the Jamie scenes were good. Everythn to do with the Siege. The conversation with Edmure was great. Best of all we did see a bit of Jamie's humanity again, finally. NCW murders it when he is given something to do. This could be the last time we see the Brienne/Jamie dream team, unless..... Cersie looks like she is pulling an Aery's in desperation, so if the valonqar thing is real Jamie the Kingslayer might get an encore. So unless he dies in the shitshow that King's Landing is about to turn into, he will have very few places to go. Could see him being the big surprise in the battle with the WW's in a future season.

Arya's story was done about as good as it could go if not for the ending with JH being cliché Disney stuff (and let's be real, him being there at all was fanservice). So now Arya has some decent training. Poor Lady Crane though, her scene at the beginning was fantastic, she could have been a great Catelyn if they went closer to their ages. Get Arya back in Westeros please, any Westerosi character that goes to Essos seems to get stuck....

Speaking of Tyrion, holy shit did he get the shaft. Tyrion in Essos in general has been a deathknell for his character. I get the whole desire to see the two most popular characters team up, but Mereen is Dany's story, it wasn't going to get resolved without Dany, Tyrion is just a bit player there and it shows and they have nothing for him to do but hope Dinklage can steal scenes to bide time.

Sandor got a good Sandor scene. No Cleganebowl though. Looks like he's heading North to reunite with the Stark girls. Nice to see the Brotherhood again.

Lastly, the King's Landing plot looks like it set up the stage for whatever is going down. The Mountain was nullified. Qyburn informed Cersie of something...which is likely the wildfire of Aery's (remember Jamie said some was under the Sept of Balor and if he told anyone besides Brienne it was Cersie. Tommen is lost to her. Marg probably has some plan, but Cersie will screw it up.

Honestly, it was only the Tyrion scene that bothered me. Maybe the cheesy ending with JH smiling. But aside from that, I don't mind too much.

Maybe I'll bump it to a 7.

I actually really liked this episode, a lot of nice progression in the storylines to set them up for the finale. I think that they had to do it because next weeks episode will probably all take place at Winterfell, so they had to get the rest of the storylines closer to their end point for the season. I  give it an 8/10.

3/10.   I hated Arya's story line last week and just knew there was no way the things that happened could have been what I saw.  I racked my brain trying to figure out what clever twist they had in store.   Epic failure on my part.    Good to see the Hound back to his old self again and a tickling surprise to see Beric & Thoros.   The siege of River Run wasn't really a siege at all.  Wham Bam it's over Baby.  Deeply unsatisfying.  I'm ashamed of myself for watching really.  

4 minutes ago, Dudu42 said:

I think next episode is about Ramsey and Jon, solely. Sort of like that episode of the wildlings at the wall.

I'm not overly excited about Mereen, Daenarys started to bore me. She wins too much, too frequently. Last time she convinced a bunch of dothrakis to follow her after setting a whole structure on fire and come out of it miraculously alive... again. That was the worst part of this season to me, the complete recycle of a scene. More than that, a scene that was suposed to be unique.

Ramsey, however, I can hate. Just as much as I can love the Starks. No, that episode doesn't deserve a 1. Whoever gave such low rating should be watching another series, IMO.

Didn't say we get the battle of Meereen next episode, but we do get it that much is clear.

Ramsey has a face so I understand what you are saying. I am referring to theory though, Sun and Moon, which is a book theory that has been popping up on the show that's all. I am not a fan of Meereen on the show either. Yes Dany wins a lot, kind of the point of Dany. It will evolve through the story and the story is not over by a long shot. I am ok to go along for the ride book and show.

I liked this episode and if it had come earlier in the season I would have given it a higher rating, but in the last two seasons episodes 8 were Hardhome and The Mountain and the Viper.  It's probably unfair but I expect episode 8 to be amazing and this week it was just good.  5/10 largely because of my inflated expectations.

7/10 I'd say.

Until the Blackfish's bizarre offscreen death, the Riverrun stuff was excellent. Jaime and Brienne reunion, Jaime threatening Edmure, Blackfish opting to hold out, the conflict between whether or not to admit Edmure, and even the comical Bronn/Podrick stuff made the scenes fairly tense and interesting.

The wildfire hints from Qyburn to Cersei made KL enticing, however Arya's stuff was a tad ridiculous, and Tyrion's jokes with Grey Worm and Missandei were quite awkward.

Disappointed in a lack of the North, too.

28 minutes ago, Dudu42 said:

You logged into a forum dedicated to GoT to whine about it even though you're deep down in episode 8 of season 6. Lets that sink for a moment.

I don't understand your point at all.  Dumb comment imo.  But then again, your name is Dudu and u liked this garbage, so....... yeah.

Dreadful.  I too spent time trying to think of how the story of Arya would go.  It just never occurred to me that it would be an outright fantasy.  Girl running and jumping with deep, puncture stomach wounds.  Sure.  Jaime lurves Cersie. Okay.   Let's tell party jokes. Why not?  Jaime and Brienne wave to each other - ya know, how friends do.  What a waste.  I am going with a 4. 

3 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

I liked this episode and if it had come earlier in the season I would have given it a higher rating, but in the last two seasons episodes 8 were Hardhome and The Mountain and the Viper.  It's probably unfair but I expect episode 8 to be amazing and this week it was just good.  5/10 largely because of my inflated expectations.

This^ .. damn true.

This should have come earlier.