Arya is dead calling it now!

Ser Davos

1 hour ago, Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog said:

Nothing accomplished??? She's now a trained assassin. She's a freakin' ninja warrior! Jon could probably use one of those on his team. 

Jon's team is getting pretty solid. The politically trained Sansa, the assassin trained Arya, the magically trained Bran, the errrr Rickonly Rickon maybe and that's just family. If you throw in Davos, Tormund, Wun Wun, Ghost and Mel you have quite a variety of talents. 

6 hours ago, Ser Davos said:

That was the waif wearing her face she needs Arya face to go to winter fell for some unknown assassination. It's why they didn't show the fight and its gonna be that wtf moment next season when they reveal it. All the buildup the past 2 seasons wasn't just for Arya to return to westeros with nothing accomplished but some weird training it was for this! 

So, a bizarre, overcomplicated twist to replace a core character with someone the audience doesn't give two fucks about? Right.

8 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

So, a bizarre, overcomplicated twist to replace a core character with someone the audience doesn't give two fucks about? Right.

Red wedding was also bizarre killed off 2 important characters don't see how this would be much different. It's the authors style not this honky dory  everything is alright story we got the past 2 years in bravos 

22 hours ago, Ser Davos said:

Yes my friend we think alike. People are saying it doesn't make sense but next season I will bump the heck out of this thread if it turns true! 

More like you will just fade away like all those goofy theorists of just last week.   People re-watching, Ayra hair is different, she is suddenly left handed. lol

my friend bets $100 on the Raiders ever year because of recent they are always 100-1 to win the superbowl.   Nothing is gained in laying out the long bet on wild theory at every possible opportunity.

8 minutes ago, jugdesh258 said:

More like you will just fade away like all those goofy theorists of just last week.   People re-watching, Ayra hair is different, she is suddenly left handed. lol

my friend bets $100 on the Raiders ever year because of recent they are always 100-1 to win the superbowl.   Nothing is gained in laying out the long bet on wild theory at every possible opportunity.

What about Leicester City in the Premier League, 5,000-1?

On June 12, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Ser Davos said:

That was the waif wearing her face she needs Arya face to go to winter fell for some unknown assassination. It's why they didn't show the fight and its gonna be that wtf moment next season when they reveal it. All the buildup the past 2 seasons wasn't just for Arya to return to westeros with nothing accomplished but some weird training it was for this! 

What?  Are you a stoner?  What you typed is nonsense.

19 hours ago, fish321 said:

Jon's team is getting pretty solid. The politically trained Sansa, the assassin trained Arya, the magically trained Bran, the errrr Rickonly Rickon maybe and that's just family. If you throw in Davos, Tormund, Wun Wun, Ghost and Mel you have quite a variety of talents. 

I hadn't thought of it that way! Add to that (most likely) The Hound and his brute strength and sword skills. (Since BwB are headed north, I assume they'll meet up with Jon at some point.)

22 hours ago, Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog said:

Nothing accomplished??? She's now a trained assassin. She's a freakin' ninja warrior! Jon could probably use one of those on his team. 

She won one fight against a person who has clearly demonstrated they're not a very good assassin. She's learned to fight blind and that's really it. It's not like she learned to change her face or she killed Jaquen. She honestly could have learned to fight in the dark herself so her FM training seems pretty pointless without learning how to change her face.

Actually, I could totally see them doing a face changing reveal next season. We see someone killed and then the big reveal is that Arya changes out of the face and reveals her identity. They wouldn't explain how she learned to do it without being taught, it just seems like something they'd do for the sake of 'huge shocking twist WTF moment with badass Arya'.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, Ser Davos said:

Just no. Makes zero sense.

On 6/13/2016 at 7:03 PM, Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog said:

This is only poorly established, though - all we have is one montage where she beat the waif and, obviously, this (unseen) fight to go on if we want to call her a "ninja warrior."  Then we have to account for the fact that, despite her apparently successful training, she was still dumb enough to peacock around Braavos when she had an entire guild of "ninja warriors" after her.  It comes down to the old issue of "show, don't tell" - we've hardly been shown some great new ability in Arya.

On 6/13/2016 at 2:25 PM, gregorio said:

I think there's a chance you could be right. This Faceless Man story played straight just doesn't make much sense to me at all - though it might be lazy writing - which makes me consider elaborate twists where I normally wouldn't. 

But that fact that Jaqen spoke to her as if she graduated, calling her "no one," and then let her quit the FM and walk off to Westeros with a smile on his face makes me skeptical to say the least. 

If the Waif was also in training and assumed Arya's identity, that part of the dialogue makes more sense. Jaqen congratulates her for graduating, and for casting off her old identity. When he says she is "no one," and she replies, "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell," she could be affirming his statement by embracing the fake-Arya identity, after which she proceeds to take off on her mission to Westeros, which is why Jaqen smiles instead of protests. It is interesting that the Waif spent so much time with Arya, and repeatedly quized her on her life story. That might have all been training for the Waif to assume the Arya identity. It does feel right to me that the FM might want to kill Jon for cheating death, and Arya is a way to get close to him. 

That said, the part where Arya tells Jaqen, "you sent her to kill me" and she has her sword pressed against doesn't make as much sense if she's the Waif. 

They played that lying game in the show too, right? I think I recall it. Faceless Men are supposed to be amazing liars, but also, presumably, they're supposed to be good at telling when someone is lying. It could be that the Waif is testing the Kindly Jaqen, to see if he could tell that she wasn't really Arya. But of course, Jaqen, being a better, older assassin, knew immediately. Hence the little smile.

Sadly, I feel that what we saw is probably what happened; Arya is alive, the Waif is dead. But it just doesn't feel right to me; how did she finally become "no-one" when she was holding Arya Stark's sword? Part of Arya Stark, which I do believe she was directly told to throw away. He knows that sword belongs to Arya. I thought that was strange. I also don't really understand why he'd let Arya leave; was she being punished only because she tried to save that Mummer lady? I figured she was being punished for deserting the Faceless Men. Yet she's still doing that, if it's really her.

She also seemed rather, um, healthy when she was leaving after speaking with Jaqen. She was walking with a bit of swagger. Despite her rather not-insubstantial wounds. She was pretty injured.

Not to mention, the last time Arya and the Waif trained, I'm fairly sure I recall the Waif utterly destroying Arya. Arya only hit the Waif once, when she was blind, didn't she? Though, to be fair, once would be enough in their final fight, and she had a weapon with a lot more reach.

So, I could go either way, really. I'd like to believe that Arya is dead, because that would make a lot of sense. Mess around with an ancient assassin's guild, and you die. But, alas, I rather doubt it'll be so. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I don't understand why people think that Ja'qen would want to harm her.  She was there out of her free will, and welcome to leave at any time.  She was there to learn to kill, and to learn who she really is (both stories were horribly depicted, leading to the chaos we see in the discussions).  Now she can be a useful player in the game, so she'll find her way back to Winterfell, possibly passing through the Twins along the way...

7 minutes ago, CBeck113 said:

I don't understand why people think that Ja'qen would want to harm her.  She was there out of her free will, and welcome to leave at any time.  She was there to learn to kill, and to learn who she really is (both stories were horribly depicted, leading to the chaos we see in the discussions).  Now she can be a useful player in the game, so she'll find her way back to Winterfell, possibly passing through the Twins along the way...

The thought was she had seen too much.  If you're a super expensive assassins guild built off of secrets and magic you probably don't want a lot of people knowing how you do whatever it is you do.  Once she had learned of the secrets a lot of times its you're either in, or you're dead.  

12 minutes ago, CBeck113 said:

in the books, she can leave the FM at any time, in the show, the situation is different,  Jaqen wanted her death because she failed to kill her target, and a face must be added, but when Arya bring the Waif's face, she's was forgiven, Jaqen only worry about the faces, as long as someone add a face in the hall he don't give a damn, it's the only rule, it's not really a contradiction

Archived