Arya is dead calling it now!

Ser Davos

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

And now there are two camps, a camp saying that Arya didn't learn anything from her journey in Braavos and another camp making tinfoil theories and saying that Arya can't be stabbed and she's way, way, way more powerful that the Waif-U, they are fighting all over the internet and they are both wrong, Arya is a human and well trained, she's a little girl facing the most powerful organization on assassins in Planetos 

Arya was protected by a special piece of armour only she and a few select others in Planetos have access to.

It's called plot armour, and when you're wearing it you can take a million stabs to the gut and your vital organs will never be touched.

I don't know if people are just really stubborn, or really desperate to believe there's something more to the terrible writing than there is. Trust me guys, it's less infuriating to just accept that it's bad writing and make your peace with it.

2 hours ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

Did anyone notice if Arya was clutching her stomach in pain during the last scene when she walked away from Jaqen? If she is secretly the Waif, then she wouldn't be injured there and would have no reason to clutch her stomach. (No reason to pull the wool over Jaqen's eyes if she is actually on a mission for him.)

She wasn't holding her stomach it's one of many reasons I think it's the waif 

35 minutes ago, Ser Davos said:

She wasn't holding her stomach it's one of many reasons I think it's the waif 

No, it's not. Drop it, your just being plain silly. If they wanted Aryas face, why go thru all the trouble of training her for a year or more? They could have just taken it the day show showed up on their doorstep.......stop already!

Drop it.  It is hollywood dumb for sure.   Rambo and John McClain were first to be riddled with bullets and kept on fighting.   Arya was stabbed the same way Talisa from far off volantis was.  It should be panned by Monty Python bit.   It's "merely a scratch" and I think its actually "getting better"

Seems obvious that showrunners want to convey that Arya has somehow graduated from House of Black and White.  I am sure she will magically have all the skills when she returns to Westeros including some Daredevil skill that never existed in the book.

The depiction was weak making it seem more like Trump university.   In the book Arya works out masterful plan to kill the insurance miser guy swapping the poison coin and all.  In the show it is always merely bottle of posion every time.  That would not fool Quincy and Sam.  Who needs to study assassination for that....it is obvious?

Who cares. Her character has been screwed up and I've lost interest in her because of this awful script. Everyone is trying so hard to redeem her character by working the imagination overtime to fill in the logic gaps and kudos for you for doing so. Such a shame really. She used to be my favourite.

On 15.6.2016 at 2:03 PM, WhatIsDeadMayNeverLive said:

I have a better theory - it was all just a dream, in ep10 Arya will wake up on a ship to Braavos!

Maybe the show will end with a young GRRM waking up in the morning and saying "Whoa, what a dream, I gotta write this all down."

That would be more plausible than the one-dimensional Waif killing major character Arya and then abandonning the FM for no apparent reason whatsoever. If it was the Waif, she would've gone back to Jaqen and told him "It's done." or something like that.

What the show did (well attempted to do) was have Arya go to Bravos and struggle with her identity and then come to the realization that she is a Stark.

Her story is that simple.

Her story is that poorly executed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who killed whom when the light went out? Can you really kill a no one? It wasn't until ep 10, and when I had rewatched season 6, that I suddenly realized that Arya is "dead", or more correctly no one. Those who serve the many faced God are indeed no one, but at the same time are they not everyone in the hall of faces?

arya the body is dead, Arya the spirit still has a list.

One of points to "Waif beat Arya with the stick" - yes, but when she saw and Arya did not. Arya luring her to darkness suddenly turns the tables, as Arya has far more practice fighting in the dark. 

Personally I do not hold with overanalysis of every word and detail. Arya has a role to play still. 

• 7 months later...
On 16/08/2016 at 3:10 AM, KnightTime said:

But to add, in ep10, killing walder Frey she say; the last thing you are ever going to see is a stark FACE staring down at you as you die

No, that's not what she said.

The exact words were "the last thing you are ever going to see is a Stark smiling down at you as you die".

She didn't say "face" at all in that sentence, so don't misquote something deliberately to support your crackpot theory.

Yes dear, they are going to kill off one of the most popular and central characters before the endgame and they're gonna do it off-screen and in the most anti-climactic way possible. Totally gonna happen.

And in the season 7 premiere Danerys is gonna slip on some dragon poop and fall down a really high wall. Then Jon's gonna choke on his breakfast, Bran's gonna have a brain aneurysm on the road to the Wall, and Cersei's gonna get a fatal heatstroke in that hideous black leather dress of hers. Sansa and Tyrion have died between seasons on pneumonia and syphilis respectively.

The rest of the series is just gonna follow Podrick, Bronn and the Bad Pussy.  

(in case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic)

Archived