Flayed men in the preview?

In the preview, we see men(corpses) burning in crosses as Jon looks on. There are six crosses. Osha might be one, and Rickon could be another - but that still leaves four people in crosses - who could that be?

In the preview at 0:08s, we see Ramsay riding out wearing a fur cloak. When he faces Jon in battle, there is no cloak. This means Ramsay is going somewhere (presumably to collect men to flay before Jon arrives and use them as psychological warfare to scare Jon's army) before the battle begins. Where could he be going? My guesses are

• To Deepwood Motte to punish Glovers for talking with Jon
  • To the Wall to capture Jon's friends like Edd and tell the North that the Watch suffered losses because of Jon (please please no!)
  • To recruit the Manderlys?

I think I remember seeing pics of large amounts of smoke on the NW set during the pre-season coverage of S6 filming.  I thought that would involve Jon's resurrection, but that wasn't the case.  So the Wall will be attacked at some point this season imo, either by Ramsay or the WW.  

WW would be cooler, but it would be such a classic D&D move to ignore the logistics involved in somehow letting Ramsay send men to attack the NW while Jon is marching down on them with an army.  20 good men all over again.  So I'm betting it's scenario 2.    

4 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Night's Watch men would make sense.

Make sense, how? It's a looooong way from Winterfell to Castle Black and winter is here. Presumably, Jon and his army are also inbetween CB and Winterfell. How could Ramsay sneak by Jon's army, attack Castle Black and then make it back in time for the BotB? I can totally see D&D going with this but it makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Survivor92 said:

Make sense, how? It's a looooong way from Winterfell to Castle Black and winter is here. Presumably, Jon and his army are also inbetween CB and Winterfell. How could Ramsay sneak by Jon's army, attack Castle Black and then make it back in time for the BotB? I can totally see D&D going with this but it makes no sense at all.

This is why it makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Survivor92 said:

Yeah, long way, if you go by the books standards. In the show you can apparently travel the Long Lake-Wall distance in one/two days (see Melisandre)

Maybe some people got caught trying to help free Rickon inside WF and they are on the crosses. The show dropped hints in S5 about The North Remembers only to sorta forget about it mostly this season. I'm sure that phrase will be used in episode 9 frequently. Just a thought

If asking about the fur cloak and then no fur cloak, listen to the preview, it sounds like Jon is treating with Ramsey and trying to avoid the battle. So maybe Ramsey has the cloak on then and removes it for battle after telling Jon to screw himself.

As to the burning people, assume Rickon and whoever else had the misfortune of pissing him off.

3 hours ago, Survivor92 said:

How could Ramsay sneak by Jon's army, attack Castle Black and then make it back in time for the BotB? I can totally see D&D going with this but it makes no sense at all.

With twenty good men, of course. And if creatively it makes sense to them...

Six spearwives from the books? :-)

I suppose it will be Ed and Co. caught off guard. But what with the other NW men, what happened to them? So NW will have to choose 1000th Lord Commander or that burden will automaticly pass to Sam, as the only survived Watcher (someone should send him a bird).

I'll just hit and say Umber, Lyana Mormont, Rickon are on the crosses. The rest three could be anyone. Maybe Osha, Roose.. Stannis..:-) No, not him.. :-)  

At this point, I care for Edd more than I care for Rickon. So my hope is: We open with some loyal/goodhearted servants at Winterfell, probably including the maester who saw what Ramsay did to Roose, trying to rescue Rickon. D&D do this to create some dramatic tension among the viewers, which is their idea of good writing. Unsurprisingly, after the viewers have got their hopes up, Ramsay catch them all, and the next thing we see is those people burning on crosses. 

@wolfinho, nice catch about six crosses for the six spearwives. I doubt Lyanna Mormont or Roose will be on the cross, though. Ramsay's official story is Roose was poisoned by his enemies - would notlook good if his flayed corpse is exhibited outside Winterfell. And I think I saw Lyanna Mormont standing behind Sansa in the preview (not very visible, but I think it is Lyanna on right side of screen, behind Sansa.)

D&D or martin said that are characters that we know

and we know that isnt rickon 

any of northern lords wouldnt make any sense

so its 99% NW

oh god, oh god... why...

if it is true, this will be the sadest moment in all seasons :o

13 minutes ago, Morgred said:

if it is true, this will be the sadest moment in all seasons :o

Not sure about that... Shireen is still pretty fresh in my mind.

I can see it being NW, but I do want to know how Ramsay could get to Castle Black and back so quickly. Seems like an awful lot of effort just to get under Jon's skin.

Maybe Ramsey didn't get to the Wall for those men, maybe somebody had captured them offscreen and just delivered them to Ramsey as it was the case with Rickon and Osha. 

Well, try to see it from the other side - every NW man was complaining how cold is at the Wall, so Ramsey just tried to warm them up a little bit. :-) 

Archived