Flayed men in the preview?

9 hours ago, Larence Snow said:

Yeah, long way, if you go by the books standards. In the show you can apparently travel the Long Lake-Wall distance in one/two days (see Melisandre)

The show isn't "24". Different scenes happen different time frames apart. A scene episodes apart in PLACE"A" could be days apart while scenes in back-to-back episodes in PLACE"B" might be weeks apart. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. 

The plot moves at the pace that's convenient for the show. Why show scenes of Mel riding a horse alone for days?

The wall doesnt make a lot of sense to me.  

So Ramsay knowing Jon is coming, (i think right?) sends men to the wall to capture and drag back the men? I would say sure if this happened last episode but now it seems odd.

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Not sure about that... Shireen is still pretty fresh in my mind.

I can see it being NW, but I do want to know how Ramsay could get to Castle Black and back so quickly. Seems like an awful lot of effort just to get under Jon's skin.

Flaying is a lot of work to just to get under someone's skin.  But if you enjoy what you do, you'll never "work" a day in your life.

I havent seen or heard any mention that the people on the crosses are people the audience knows, so I havent put any importance on WHO it will be.  I think its just Ramsay's usual flair for the dramatic and tradition.  If it IS someones of importance, my guesses would be Umbers.  Or Wildling/Mormont scouts.  Its not Sansa, or Lyanna Mormont.  Not Snow, Tormund, or Davos.  I doubt it would be Osha, but it could be revealed that the Umbers used Osha as a possible assassination attempt, which is what prompts Ramsay to make such a display to make a point and warning to those who might try to betray him and his rule.  

52 minutes ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

The show isn't "24". Different scenes happen different time frames apart. A scene episodes apart in PLACE"A" could be days apart while scenes in back-to-back episodes in PLACE"B" might be weeks apart. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. 

The plot moves at the pace that's convenient for the show. Why show scenes of Mel riding a horse alone for days?

Agreed. Also, Jon's been traveling around to different lords, so obviously there's been time passage. Why is it so ridiculous for Ramsay to have found out about their travel and attacked the Wall while they were gone?

aside from the time lapses on the show ....like was said before ...it's logistically impossible for ramseys men to not get caught by Jons army on the way down ....and then get back in time and be fresh for a battle ....my hunch is that he flayed some stark loyalist ....Rickon can be used for far greater dramatic appeal than to just be burned ....the nights watch has the WW plot to contend with ....I doubt it's NW people

The catch here is that apparently whoever's on these crosses are known characters to the audience. I think one of those people will be Lord Glover. Lyanna Mormont was seen with Jon & co. at their camp, I'd find it hard to believe one of them is her.

2 minutes ago, montey13 said:

aside from the time lapses on the show ....like was said before ...it's logistically impossible for ramseys men to not get caught by Jons army on the way down ....and then get back in time and be fresh for a battle ....my hunch is that he flayed some stark loyalist ....Rickon can be used for far greater dramatic appeal than to just be burned ....the nights watch has the WW plot to contend with ....I doubt it's NW people

NW is down to like 50 men. North is a huge area and "20 good men" jokes aside, Ramsay could let 50 or so ride up to the watch basically undetected and ambush the NW who basically have no defenses anymore, especially with the Wildling threat not really a thing anymore. Jon has been traveling and we don't know the exact timing of when they're going around versus when theyre back at camp.

That said, I don't think it's going to be NW members.

Something else to consider - the Stark's outlawed flaying in the North so it could be a slap in the face to Stark law and a type of "you're irrelevant now" type of action. 

I still think it's the remainder of the Night's Watch but there is the possibility that it's Ramsay being Ramsay and trolling Jon since this is their first meeting and he has no idea what to expect. To Ramsay Jon is just a bastard and he would have little to no reason to know all he has done. On the flip side, they do have a giant and I truly don't see how anyone, even a large group of men, could down a rampaging and armored up giant. Wun Wun could grab a god damn tree, swing it around and kill 100 men with a single swing. He could crush a shield wall line with a single stomp. The giant is a serious game changer. 

Not to mention Melisandre. She could turn those burning crosses back on the Bolton army and scorch them. I wonder if we will see her in action (finally) this week. 

5 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I can see it being NW, but I do want to know how Ramsay could get to Castle Black and back so quickly. Seems like an awful lot of effort just to get under Jon's skin.

we havent seen ramsay is 5 episodes...he probably got them already off screen. Loads of stuff is being done off screen these days.

5 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Known characters...???  The pickings are pretty slim...  Could be Glover.  Could be Edd and the Night's Watch.  I'm expecting a scouting party that got captured. But what wildlings do we actually know?  The other wildling leader that Tormund and Jon convinced to fight?  I'm so sick of Mel (great actress though) that I haven't missed her at all.  She'd be on the top of my Bolton cross wish list, burning banners and seeing Arya again be damned.

Although I know this isn't realistic, but then again it could be if Ramsay sent his 20 good men out to get the job done, I actually hope the following people are on the crosses just because I cannot stand their presence on the show anymore.

1. Tyrion (Tired of his scenes where he tries to be funny, and for replacing Barristan's role in Mereen)

2. Cersei (For D & D portraying her completely different than the character in the novels.  She's too calm and reserved.  They try to make her sympathetic, when she just really isn't, and this change has also destroyed Jaime's character)

3. Brienne (She's just a brute who never has a second thought about killing anyone)

4. Davos (Without Stannis, I just don't find him interesting.  He's just kind of "there", moving the plot along and doing things other characters could and should be doing on their own) 

5. Sansa (For D & D forcing her into Winterfell last year when there just plain and simply is no way you can possible justify her being there.  And because of that decision, so many other parts of the story are suffering and trying to get around the stupidity of her being there.  I also just don't like her attitude towards Jon).

6. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.  All four of them can burn on one cross.

Let me just play-pretend in my mind for a second.

After weeks of travel north of the wall. Avoiding detection from the Others, not lighting fires or cooking food. Bran and Friends finally make it to Castle Black. No horn sounds their arrival. Benny Soft Paws thinks it a bit weird. Gives it a shout "Hey, I'm Benny Soft Hands, I have Brandon Fucking Stark open the fucking door-bitch asses." No reply. He knocks, no reply. Says fuck it and gives up to the Blue King because no one is home.

I like it. 

According to the Spanish spoiler guy, at least two are know characters.

They could be Nights Watch yes. Thus Ramsay could fittingly contribute to the WW invasion.

Or could just be Osha, Roose Bolton's dead bodies. Could be even Stannis' dead body.

It could be linked to Davos loosing something dear (from the synopsis). Some production images show a smallish body on one cross. I thought it was Rickon, but new reports say he is killed in a different way. Hope its not the little Lady Mormont :(, since Davos seems fond of her.

It could be Davos himself, if he goes to deliver terms to Ramsay.

It could be other Northern Lords that refused to fight against the Starks (even though they refused to fight against Ramsay either) to intimidate the ones in the Stark army.

3 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

According to the Spanish spoiler guy, at least two are know characters.

They could be Nights Watch yes. Thus Ramsay could fittingly contribute to the WW invasion.

Or could just be Osha, Roose Bolton's dead bodies. Could be even Stannis' dead body.

It could be linked to Davos loosing something dear (from the synopsis). Some production images show a smallish body on one cross. I thought it was Rickon, but new reports say he is killed in a different way. Hope its not the little Lady Mormont :(, since Davos seems fond of her.

It could be Davos himself, if he goes to deliver terms to Ramsay.

It could be other Northern Lords that refused to fight against the Starks (even though they refused to fight against Ramsay either) to intimidate the ones in the Stark army.

let it be anyone 

but not NW :(

i still have hope in e10 synopis " the nigh twatch gathers"

Archived