[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

Cersei's smug smirk when the Mountain carried out her choice of violence against the Faith Militant -

followed soon after by the revelation that playing her strongest card prematurely has resulted in the option for trial by combat being taken off the table.

Defeat, snatched from the jaws of victory.

I have loved each show this season.

Arya coming home is so gratifying after the long journey, the perilous turns and daunting odds! She is one frikn survivor like no other. My absolute favorite character in GOT. I thought Maisie was just brilliant in a suspenseful role this episode.

Also loved Cersei with her cold blood smirk this episode. She knows the prophecy is true and Tommens (and the HS) days are numbered. She is plotting away, I love it.

the Blackfish was wise and surly to the end. I wish we could get more of him though.

Missandei was adorable. Now that Dany is back we will see more of that wisdom (Missandei's) that Ser Selmy percieved.

The Hound is back fighting and that's what he was born to do, it's only fitting.

Same for the UnGregor, you got to feed the beast (faith militant sparrows is a perfect dish for the Mountain).

Tables set for huge Snow v Bolton showdown, the shit is on!

Just another in a string of great shows in a very strong season for GOT's.

On 13/6/2016 at 11:57 AM, khal drogon said:

The only thing I liked was the shot of Meereen under attack. 

It was a spectacular shot!

I also liked the shot of the siege at Riverrun, as soon as Brienne and Pod arrive at the camp.

Lovely visuals.

NCW looked very handsome as Jaime, especially the moment when Edmure mentioned how beautiful he is. His modest narcissism was shown as he smiled. 

A shame that Tobias Menzes wil probably never appear in GOT again. He is a very talented actor. 

[mod] A little reminder that this thread is to discuss things you liked about the show.

It is not to discuss your opinions about other threads, other users or each other. We don't have threads for those kind of discussions. [/mod]

After spending too much time reading theories about the Faith's champion, I like that Tommen outlawed trial by combat.  It would have been a fair guess in advance, but I, drunk on champion theories, didn't expect it.  I also like how it opens up avenues (theories) about how Cersei could proceed with (Maury Povich voice): "Robert Baratheon...you are......NOT the father!" and the effect it would have on the legitimacy of the crown with collateral damage to warden/castle/faith.  

Not dealing with the episode, but I also like how much effort the posters on this site put into their analysis, even when wrong.  It's intellectually stimulating to read (as a show watcher and multi-time book reader who can't remember what he did last week).  Awesome!

On 13/6/2016 at 11:19 AM, Aniel said:

Anyway, here's what I liked:

1. Lady Crane. Poor, poor Lady Crane...
  2. Jaime and Brienne's scenes. I find a hint of Jaime as he is in the books in the scenes they shared.
  3. More book dialogue from Jaime!
  4. Tommen screwing Cersei. That was unexpected! I thought he was going to do something else like surrendering the defence of the city to the Sparrows or something...
  5. Something, something rumours (I can't remember the lines...)
  6. "A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I'm going home." Arya using her experiences from when she was blind to defeat the Waif.
  7. Everyone in Meereen having a slightly better time than before, and then the bells start ringing...
  8. Dany coming in and just looking like she wants to say "What the fuck did you do to my city?"
  9. Seeing Pod and Bronn together was nice.
  10. Finding out that Lem and the others were traitors, and that the Brotherhood is still made up of rather nice guys.
  11. "Cold winds are rising in the north." Looks like we've got another reunion coming up...
  1. Lady Crane. I loved her. I really wished, for a moment, that Arya would join them and be an actress, like Mercy in the Books. I wanted her to be with Lady Crane when returning to Westeros. She was a good figure for her. So I was sad for her, and because it meant we won't have it, but I loved her scenes with Arya.
  2. Brienne always brings some of the old Jaime back. These two have amazing chemistry. Unfortunately Jaime is too damaged to recover him in one episode but I think she and Edmure will have an effect on him, sooner or later. I particularly liked when she told him she would have to fight him and he swallowed saliva, like as he was understanding he doesn't want it, because she is...Brienne. When Brienne sees Jaime from the hill, and their goodbye scene were good too.
  3. (6) Arya's persecution was outstanding. The best from the episode.HBO did a good job with the location, and the cinematography of those minutes; people who don't know that Arya wouldn't die because she is one of the main characters from the books must have been nervous. I was nervous too, and I know that. The last scene when she puts into practise what she has learned from the Waif was an intelligent and ironic reference to all her arch in this House. Only Needle; but one skill more: the one you taught me: I'm good in the dark, and you don't..... and always a Stark.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  1. Lady Crane. I loved her. I really wished, for a moment, that Arya would join them and be an actress, like Mercy in the Books. I wanted her to be with Lady Crane when returning to Westeros. She was a good figure for her. So I was sad for her, and because it meant we won't have it, but I loved her scenes with Arya.

What do you think of Arya returning to Westeros AS Lady Crane?  The face was available......

Lem Lemoncloak being hanged.  We were subjected to Westeros stupidest name for only a brief moment.

Jaime's Riverrun scenes was his best since Season 3.

The Mountain's fatality- Could still be mistaken but very sure the Mountain went Sub-Zero on the Sparrow by detaching it's head from its body with some Spinal Cord thrown in.

Just having the Hound back in general.

Archived