Ser Zlatan

Match Day 4: Spain vs Czech Republic, Ireland vs Sweden, Belgium vs Italy

76 posts in this topic

Another Euro day with some top teams coming into action.

In the first match, defending European champtions Spain play against Czech Republic. Spain will need to win to keep up with Croatia, who won yesterday.

After that, 2016 Euro Champions Sweden will crush play against the Republic of Ireland.

The last match of the day is also from group E: Belgium and Italy, both outsiders for the title, play against each other.

Edited by Ser Zlatan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep this one and delete mine... I was just making a placeholder, and this post includes actual thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE'RE GOING TO SEE TOMAS ROSICKY :):):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allright, but I've already reported this topic and asked to delete it, so we'll see what happens. Anyway, I'm looking forward to all three matches today. I'm thinking Ireland vs Sweden will be the most enjoyable, whereas Belgium vs Italy has potential to become a boring 0-0 match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

Keep this one and delete mine... I was just making a placeholder, and this post includes actual thoughts.

From your lips to God's ear...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morata and Nolito start for Spain. Good to see them playing with two forwards again. Hopefully this is a return to their exciting 2008 style rather than the mind-numbing 2012 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROI are going to lose big time, and I cannot wait for it. it was ROI who qualified over Scotland, who were better overall in the qualifiers, but made crucial mistakes they shouldn't have in two consecutive matches. I find their fans as annoying as my country's own Tartan Army fans, and can't stand Martin O'Neill, because I support Rangers, and throughout his time with Celtic he was an infamous diving instructor. Sweden will win this about 2 or 3 nil. What happens in the Begium-Italy game is anyone's conjecture. I reckon Spain will actually lose their opener, and the Czechs are going to beat them 2-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Belgium will show the potential everybody says they have. I wouldn't be surprised by the draws in two other matches today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

I find their fans as annoying as my country's own Tartan Army fans, and can't stand Martin O'Neill, because I support Rangers, and throughout his time with Celtic he was an infamous diving instructor.

 

 

A Rangers fan really can't be taking the high ground over Celtic about anything over the course of recent history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

ROI are going to lose big time, and I cannot wait for it. it was ROI who qualified over Scotland, who were better overall in the qualifiers, but made crucial mistakes they shouldn't have in two consecutive matches. I find their fans as annoying as my country's own Tartan Army fans, and can't stand Martin O'Neill, because I support Rangers, and throughout his time with Celtic he was an infamous diving instructor. Sweden will win this about 2 or 3 nil. What happens in the Begium-Italy game is anyone's conjecture. I reckon Spain will actually lose their opener, and the Czechs are going to beat them 2-1.

How exactly were Szcotland better if they made crucial misztakesz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

 

 

A Rangers fan really can't be taking the high ground over Celtic about anything over the course of recent history.

I blame the ex chairman, not the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, baxusz said:

How exactly were Szcotland better if they made crucial misztakesz?

We would have beaten you at Hampden if our keeper hadn't pulled a Keystone Kops routine to let in two egregiously soft goals. Plus we through it away in the game before by not bothering to practise for it because idiot Strachan was focussing all his attention on the Germany match.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ser Zlatan said:

After that, 2016 Euro Champions Sweden will crush play against the Republic of Ireland.
 

No need to be humble (does Zlatan usually make humble comments?), ROI will be crushed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

We would have beaten you at Hampden if our keeper hadn't pulled a Keystone Kops routine to let in two egregiously soft goals. Plus we through it away in the game before by not bothering to practise for it because idiot Strachan was focussing all his attention on the Germany match.

I'm not Iriszh in my Euro 2016 character nor out of it.

The thing isz, it wasz Szcotland that made mistakesz that coszt them and Ireland haven't.

That's the beauty of szportsz - there are rulesz to define who isz better and that'sz not that open for debate*.

*Except in casze of groszsz referee error and/or other controverszial circumsztancesz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

baxusz - I was referring to the second game we had against your adopted country Germany. :)

These shots from the outside of the box are lamentable. A shot on target, please.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

baxusz - I was referring to the second game we had against your adopted country Germany. :)

These shots from the outside of the box are lamentable. A shot on target, please.

My adopted country isz Hungary ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

baxusz - Okay, then, my mistake.

Well, this has been a riveting stalemate. My heart somewhat wants Spain to take the lead here, but the Czechs have defended for 45 minutes slightly more incisively than Spain has attacked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was awful from Silva. Worst shot so far of the tournament. Obvious frustration setting in. Can't be blamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now