Jon Brings Down The wall

After watching the trainer for s06e09, the last scene appears to show Jon fighting with a tough decision in his head!

i think Jon and his army of Wildlings, Giants and bears, will start to loose the battle of the bastards, and the only way he thinks he can stop it from happening is if he blows the horn and brings the wall down......

tinfoil I know but it wouldn't be the first time a Stark (Snow is close enough) has been the catalyst for such a significant event ie hold the door, hold door, holdoor....

ps other then the Nights King being able to travel through the wall after touching Bran (this still seems unlikely) how else will he and the WW get south of the wall without someone else bringing it down?

11 hours ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

After watching the trainer for s06e09, the last scene appears to show Jon fighting with a tough decision in his head!

i think Jon and his army of Wildlings, Giants and bears, will start to loose the battle of the bastards, and the only way he thinks he can stop it from happening is if he blows the horn and brings the wall down......

tinfoil I know but it wouldn't be the first time a Stark (Snow is close enough) has been the catalyst for such a significant event ie hold the door, hold door, holdoor....

ps other then the Nights King being able to travel through the wall after touching Bran (this still seems unlikely) how else will he and the WW get south of the wall without someone else bringing it down?

Littlefinger will show up and save the day!

I'm a little underwhelmed with Jon this season after coming back he should have been kicking Ass but he seems withdrawn. 

51 minutes ago, sharding85 said:

I'm a little underwhelmed with Jon this season after coming back he should have been kicking Ass but he seems withdrawn. 

Completely agree, he seems a shadow of his former self and reclusive, as if he doesn't care at all. I know hew as disheartened at bring killed by the men he swore to lead but they have definitely missed the trick with creating a new Jon and instead given unnecessary and often irritating dialogue to Sansa. Poor 

Pretty much assured that wall is coming down before the bell rings on this season. It will probably be the last scene we see this season. Wall comes down and it is heard for quite a long distance. 

4 hours ago, The Bad Wolf said:

In the scene with Bran and Night's King, NK had a horn on his back. I suppose it's the actual Horn of Joramun.

That thing sticking out from his back? Its looks to me a handle of his ice sword and a sheath, doesn't look like a Horn to me.  

16 hours ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

Why would Jon want to bring the wall down? What possible positive outcome is there from him doing that? So instead of dying at the hands of the Boltons he unleashes the WW on Westeros, and he still dies along with everyone else?

The theory of the wall coming down is getting about as bad as the theory of Lady Stoneheart showing up on the show. 

I'm still not even convinced that the wall will *ever* come down, in both the show and the novels.  The Wall is one, giant suspense trap that, at the end of the day, will remain up, IMO.

4 hours ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

Completely agree, he seems a shadow of his former self and reclusive, as if he doesn't care at all. I know hew as disheartened at bring killed by the men he swore to lead but they have definitely missed the trick with creating a new Jon and instead given unnecessary and often irritating dialogue to Sansa. Poor 

Yeh agree but I think thats what D&D are going for.

The Wall might be coming down at the end of next season, IF ever at all. They are not nearly prepared to take whatever is coming with winter. Daenerys didn't even sail for Westeros yet and without her dragons, everybody would die in about one hour because they would have no way of fighting the walkers apart from a dozen dragon glass daggers and a handful of Valyrian steel swords littered across Westeros. 

And nobody south of the wall will ever deliberately bring the wall down, least of all Jon. That is the only thing standing between them and certain death. 

2 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

The theory of the wall coming down is getting about as bad as the theory of Lady Stoneheart showing up on the show. 

I'm still not even convinced that the wall will *ever* come down, in both the show and the novels.  The Wall is one, giant suspense trap that, at the end of the day, will remain up, IMO.

There's no way that TW isn't coming down.  It was built by Chekov.

The only question is how and when.  It might be THOJ.  It might be BS committing some grand oops, perhaps with the NK's involvement.  It’s probably something completely different.  But GR²M isn’t about to leave the gun lying there unfired. 

9 hours ago, sharding85 said:

Totally agree, he hasn't done much since he's been back, feel like they had so much potential with his plotline but havent capitalized on it. 

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

Why would Jon want to bring the wall down? What possible positive outcome is there from him doing that? So instead of dying at the hands of the Boltons he unleashes the WW on Westeros, and he still dies along with everyone else?

Maybe as a distraction and as a call to arms for Westeros to fight together instead of against each other....

who knows, but I think the wall will come down somehow, it has to otherwise the WW won't truely threaten anybody!

8 minutes ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

Maybe as a distraction and as a call to arms for Westeros to fight together instead of against each other....

who knows, but I think the wall will come down somehow, it has to otherwise the WW won't truely threaten anybody!

A call to arms? If Jon brought down the wall and unleashed the walkers on an unsuspecting and unprepared Westeros, everybody would die before they could pick up a sword. How on earth is mass destruction a distraction? besides, that would make Jon responsible for the massacre of the entire population of the seven kingdoms. Jon stated one too many times that he's fighting for the living, he would never unleash death on everybody. 

And the same way the wildlings attacked the wall to get south, the walkers could do the same and they are immediately a threat. The wall may or may not come down, but nobody in their right mind would bring it down on purpose. They don't even know how. 

18 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

There's no way that TW isn't coming down.  It was built by Chekov.

The only question is how and when.  It might be THOJ.  It might be BS committing some grand oops, perhaps with the NK's involvement.  It’s probably something completely different.  But GR²M isn’t about to leave the gun lying there unfired. 

TW? is it really that hard to write 'The Wall'?

i agree with others.  why would Jon bring down the wall just to avoid defeat?

He'll win the battle (with the help of Littlefinger or last minute reinforcements) and the White Walkers will pass/bring down the Wall with the same magic that allowed them to enter the Three Eyed Ravens cave.

15 hours ago, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

Ok, but he will be near Winterfell...the wall is a long way from there, even if he blew a magical horn and the sound traveled to the wall and it came down, how would they even know?

On 6/13/2016 at 5:44 PM, BIG_SUGE_DADDY said:

Why would Jon intentionally screw all of Westroes ? 

Archived