Favorite Kingsguard

UFT

Greatest of all time:  Duncan the Tall; was instrumental in forming the morality of Aegon the unlikely and stopping a Blackfyre rebellion before it really started...even before he became a KG.

Living: Barristan the Bold.

Aside note; I'm still convinced that one of the three KG cairns at the Tower of Joy's location is empty, so I think that between Dayne, Hightower and Went, one of them was still alive when the series started.

On 16/06/2016 at 5:42 AM, daccu65 said:

Greatest of all time:  Duncan the Tall; was instrumental in forming the morality of Aegon the unlikely and stopping a Blackfyre rebellion before it really started...even before he became a KG.

Living: Barristan the Bold.

Aside note; I'm still convinced that one of the three KG cairns at the Tower of Joy's location is empty, so I think that between Dayne, Hightower and Went, one of them was still alive when the series started.

You're damn right Ser Duncan was the best.

On 15/6/2016 at 10:42 PM, daccu65 said:

I use to think that but then we got TWOIAF where it was told that Dunk fought against the same man who saved his life, or at least one of them.

Balon Swann, but my reason is potential for growth. He has been a Kingsguard for a very short time, and I think he has a very real chance of being the hero that people look for. As far as in the past goes, I would have to go with ....Classically, Ser Duncan the Tall. I love the Dunk and Egg novellas, and I just love his character. He is such a fun character to follow. I don't want GRRM to focus on anything else now, but perhaps after he finishes A Dream of Spring, I would love to see some more of Dunk and Egg. 

Balon Swann-he had the skills and sense of chivalry to be a great KG. He seem to be a good person(he not confortable with one of the order Cersei gave him and he was king enough to be in the sendoff party for Myrcella). He told the truth at Tyrion's trail.  He also have the guts to make a joke about needing three more glasses for the three other kings(he got away with it). When Cersei chose him as a new member of the KG, even Tyrion approve of Balon as KG. He also seem to take his vows seriously.

6 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

By doing that he most likely saved thousands though. Plus it's not like he killed Lyonel.

Or simply helped the weak and hypocrite Egg. Lyonel was right and Dunk chose to forget what Lyonel had done for them, he risked his life for Dunk and the best way they found to thank him about that is by trying to kill him, since that is how the Trial by Compact works.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:52 AM, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Balon Swann, but my reason is potential for growth. He has been a Kingsguard for a very short time, and I think he has a very real chance of being the hero that people look for. As far as in the past goes, I would have to go with ....Classically, Ser Duncan the Tall. I love the Dunk and Egg novellas, and I just love his character. He is such a fun character to follow. I don't want GRRM to focus on anything else now, but perhaps after he finishes A Dream of Spring, I would love to see some more of Dunk and Egg. 

Shame he is going to be killed by Darkstar in Winds.

Archived