How to bring Gendry back

LordImp

5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think Gendry will come back again; minor characters have been brought back (also not always with a good ending).

And The Hound will 100% reappear in The Books.

I hope you're wrong.  I think the ambiguity of his demise versus the The Gravedigger in AFFC is a lovely fitting end for his character.  I hope he doesn't return to be a Stark girls hero or to face his brother.  That would be :rolleyes:

On 14/6/2016 at 2:50 PM, LordImp said:

Gendry has been absent since season 3 and nothing indicates that he will be back this season . But i think we will see the bastard again in season 7.

My theory is that Varys or Ilyrio got their hands on Gendry and has been keeping in Pentos ever since . I expect Dany to leave Meren in ep10 this season and will most likely visit Pentos in s7 before landing in Westeros. In Pentos Ilyrio will Introduce Dany to Gendry , Robert Baratheon's bastard . Dany will want to kill the boy but Ilyrio and Tyrion convinces her otherwise. Dany will therefore legitimize Gendry as a trueborn Baratheon and use him to get support from the Stormlands .

Then we can maybe have Gendry and Jorah taking Storms end in s7 as a replacement for (f)Aegon and  JonCon and we will finally visit Storms end . 

Daenerys will see him still rowing when flying over Asshai on Drogon's back. Unfortunately he's going to get a giant Drogon poop right on his shoulder.

19 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Olenna Tyrell returns to Highgarden where he is being kept. The true identity of Littlefinger's "handsome young man." Then after Cersei burns them all and Tommen is dead. Olenna legitimizes him, marries him to Marge, but then Aegon comes and Olenna starts planning that marriage. She will be loathe to witness the return of Dany, for there is no wedding to be had.

Dont think Marge will survive the season .

I think Gendry will return next season and I don't think he is gonna die as he is the last Baratheon left. At the end of the series, one heir from each house Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Greyjoy, Martell, Tyrell, Tully, Arryn and Baratheon will stay alive. 

I think you guys are all forgetting Davos knows Gendry and who he actually is (the son of Robert Baratheon and true heir to the iron throne). For this reason I think when he does return the north will fight for him. How he returns is the question, well I think Arya will stumble across him at some point in the riverlands and I think it could be episode 10! A common theme throughout this season is the return of characters, benjen, the hound, Rickon and Osha, Balon Etc... 

If not I think she will stumble across him early Season 7, she will go north to winterfell with Gendry and this will lead to the stark/Baratheon vs Targaryen war for the throne, in which there will be few casualties as they will both turn their attention north as the WW and the army of the dead have arrived and collectively they will fight them off together. 

2 hours ago, Seany2512 said:

I think you guys are all forgetting Davos knows Gendry and who he actually is (the son of Robert Baratheon and true heir to the iron throne). For this reason I think when he does return the north will fight for him. How he returns is the question, well I think Arya will stumble across him at some point in the riverlands and I think it could be episode 10! A common theme throughout this season is the return of characters, benjen, the hound, Rickon and Osha, Balon Etc... 

If not I think she will stumble across him early Season 7, she will go north to winterfell with Gendry and this will lead to the stark/Baratheon vs Targaryen war for the throne, in which there will be few casualties as they will both turn their attention north as the WW and the army of the dead have arrived and collectively they will fight them off together. 

Hmmmmmm so basically a full circle back to Robert's Rebellion but then WW at the end??? INTERESTING. Probably unlikely, but the idea is really interesting.

On 6/14/2016 at 8:48 PM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Olenna Tyrell returns to Highgarden where he is being kept. The true identity of Littlefinger's "handsome young man." Then after Cersei burns them all and Tommen is dead. Olenna legitimizes him, marries him to Marge, but then Aegon comes and Olenna starts planning that marriage. She will be loathe to witness the return of Dany, for there is no wedding to be had.

This made me laugh so hard oh my gosh. 

Gendry will be found........He is going to have 2 bastards of his own with 3 more on the way.  He will have gained 60 lbs,  he will be drunk as a skunk with more flagons of wine on the way, and he will be so damned hairy that they will have to wax him from head to toe.  Just like dad.  But the 7 kingdoms will still have him as King, after all the BS they have gone through.

What could he bring to the story (show)?

Gendry has been gone long enough that if he showed up before a battle (any battle), in Baratheon colors with a large antler helm and war hammer, a kick ass mini Robert Baratheon, it would totally fit. Three seasons, two years, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he'd master using a war hammer and sword. Maybe learning he's Robert's son inspires him. If he returns the same old Gendry I'll be let down. Dude, what have you been doing all this time?

By next season, no one cares about Baratheons anymore... Maybe Arya will team up with him when she returns, but highly unlikely....

Archived