Terms of surrender are rejected and accepted.

On 2016-6-14 at 8:17 PM, Illiterati said:

If Vale coming to save them is obvious and lame, that is the direction D&D will take it.

do you want Jon Snow magically beats superior force like in Disney story ? if its then you watching wrong show

10 hours ago, tmug said:

What would be the point of a dwarf risking his life to just unchain 2 monstrous dragons? I assume that those dragons are freed.

You can say that their exit to the catacombs were "off screen" much like Blackfish and the Waif dying.

I think if they were freed they would have been flying around the city, I think they are still down below.

7 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Why would Jon offer term of surrender at the beginning of the battle to Ramsey tho? That doesn't make sense, unless you mean a different kinda terms, if that then I agree.

You don't know D&D ^_^

As cannon fodder sure, but as an ally, hell no! Hes to unpredictable.

In the preview we hear Sansa say "You dont know him"  I assume this is her referring to Ramsay.  Jon likely tells her he is going to offer terms to Ramsay (or maybe Ramsay offers terms to Jon?)

Regardless of terms offered they are meaningless because we all know a fight happens.

2 hours ago, blckp said:

do you want Jon Snow magically beats superior force like in Disney story ? if its then you watching wrong show

Did you read the post I was responding to?  It had nothing to do with Jon single handedly winning.  It was all about who the cavalry would be.

8 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Why would Jon offer term of surrender at the beginning of the battle to Ramsey tho? That doesn't make sense, unless you mean a different kinda terms, if that then I agree.

In the preview you hear Jon talking to someone and it sounds like he is offering peace terms to Ramsey. So if you lay the scenes out that we have:

Sansa says to Jon you don't know him...to me this is her asking him not to try a peace treaty with Ramsey

Jon is speaking of terms, I assume to Ramsey, (we have seen Ramsey in the preview wearing a fur cloak and then again not wearing a fur cloak, maybe he takes it off for battle) I assume Ramsey tells Jon to f'ck off

Battle occurs

Then you could have Mereen terms, the masters offer peace for Dany being handed over to them, and they refuse. They made an offer to the Dothraki already, thousand horses and gold or something like that. 

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

In the preview you hear Jon talking to someone and it sounds like he is offering peace terms to Ramsey. So if you lay the scenes out that we have:

Sansa says to Jon you don't know him...to me this is her asking him not to try a peace treaty with Ramsey

Jon is speaking of terms, I assume to Ramsey, (we have seen Ramsey in the preview wearing a fur cloak and then again not wearing a fur cloak, maybe he takes it off for battle) I assume Ramsey tells Jon to f'ck off

Battle occurs

Then you could have Mereen terms, the masters offer peace for Dany being handed over to them, and they refuse. They made an offer to the Dothraki already, thousand horses and gold or something like that. 

What if Jon offers Ramsay peace first, then talks to Sansa and is told that he doesnt know him.

Ramsay then goes against his word, kills Rickon and starts the battle?

Maybe it is Jon who surrenders?  Give me Rickon and we leave.  Ramsay says yes, then kills him.

Remember we still have Ramsay saying "do you like games little man"...  We assume it was said to Rickon, but maybe it is JOn?

12 hours ago, youshallnotpass said:

My prediction: Jon will offer terms to Ramsey, Ramsey of course will refuse. Battle begins huge battle Starks about to lose Jon rallies soilders, Wun Wun breaks that wall of bodies and Manderly will rock up and ambush Ramseys forces from behind. 

I say this because Vale  coming to save them will be to obvious and lame. Would make better sense if the north is won by northerners.

Did you consider Blackwater and The Battle at The Wall obvious and lame too? You know both Tywin and Stannis arriving and saving the day...

inb4 you say no because they were Martin's ideas....

will be hilarious to see the reactions if The Vale saves the day in the battle for Winterfell in the book as well...

From that description and the trailer for the episode, I think the entire 60-minute episode is going to beone big battle scene, like the Blackwater and Battle at the Wall episodes.

As long as there's no Dorne or Sam scenes I'm good.

12 hours ago, Ser Dong said:

I'll take the mighty Hound over that bastard any day. Ramsay must die. It's been arranged :)

On another front though, I'll take Ramsay's twenty good men (or 14 good men assuming that possibly Breianne took six of them out) in a fight with the others. 

Yes Ramsey and 20 good men will do so well sabatoging, powerful magical creatures that can raise the dead. Good luck with that 

2 hours ago, draevan13 said:

From that description and the trailer for the episode, I think the entire 60-minute episode is going to beone big battle scene, like the Blackwater and Battle at the Wall episodes.

As long as there's no Dorne or Sam scenes I'm good.

Yea, I don't think we leave the North at all this episode, pre-battle, battle, post battle.

13 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

However, I have seen this other description for ep 9 on IMDB - "As the Starks prepare to fight, Davos loses something dear. Ramsay plays a game. Daenerys faces a choice." So the surrender thing is not the only description.

HBO has stated they will not release the descriptions until showtime so the Emmy bit is the best we can hope for, for now. IMDB has also been notoriously wrong in the past about many things thrones. That being said the description you posted seems like it would be an accurate description of things to come.

7 hours ago, blckp said:

I also think the Vale force might be a blessing and a curse. Inviting LF into your governing circle is a huge mistake. I hope Sansa kills him after accepting his help, but that probably will not happen.

1 minute ago, Desert Fox said:

I also think the Vale force might be a blessing and a curse. Inviting LF into your governing circle is a huge mistake. I hope Sansa kills him after accepting his help, but that probably will not happen.

I don't think Sansa will kill him, but I do expect her to out maneuver him. Probably by having Jon declared King in the North to undermine any power littlefinger might try to play on.

3 minutes ago, Drogo_1 said:

I don't think Sansa will kill him, but I do expect her to out maneuver him. Probably by having Jon declared King in the North to undermine any power littlefinger might try to play on.

Sansa will not be able to keep out maneuvering little finger. Little finger is much better at the game of thrones after all. 

16 hours ago, tmug said:

What would be the point of a dwarf risking his life to just unchain 2 monstrous dragons? I assume that those dragons are freed.

If they were free and flying around, wouldn't someone would have mentioned it (like local farmers upset about their barbecued livestock)?  I think "the point" was to establish Tyrion's connection with the dragons.  Remember that we are more or less off book at this point, so this is really well produced fan fiction, and Tyrion being a second hidden Targaryan is a popular fan theory. 

1 hour ago, nothatso said:

My guess is that Dany rejects terms of surrender from The Masters, and Ramsey eventually "accepts" terms after being driven back into Winterfell and defeated.

If there's any fidelity to the books on this, Ramsay won't be retreating back to Winterfell and defeated. Winterfell is supposed to be nearly impossible to successfully siege. The North story by the end of ADWD was that Stannis was presumably trying to figure out a strategy to lure Ramsay and his forces to meet him in open battle.

My guess is that Ramsay may try to retreat, but that might be when the Vale forces cut him off.

My thought is both Dany and Jon reject terms of surrender and only the Masters accept Dany's terms after she unleashes the dragons! I don't see Ramsay accepting or rejecting anything. 

If both Winterfell and Mereen show up it sounds like one of the losing sides will accept terms of surrender. One will reject and be slaughtered. I think the masters will accept after a few are barbecued and the Ironborn show up...  Thus saving Dany enough ships from being destroyed to make the voyage to Westeros.  Ramsey will reject terms and his forces will be decimated. 

Spoiler

Spoilers say he retreats to Winterfell.  Thus he will probably refuse to "surrender" the castle to Jon...  WunWun breaks down the gate and Jon beats Ramsey nearly to death before imprisoning him.  He'll be executed next episode.

Archived