[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

41 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

If this is anything to go by, then Jamie could be heading south.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-report-brings-game-thrones-spoilers-galore/

The filming reports with Brienne are at the Linen Mills studios. They film the indoor Winterfell scenes there.

Oh :( 

Spoiler

so NCW isn't in Belfast for filming...

28 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

If Dany arrives in Dorne or Oldtown, it would be Jaime who has to deal with it, because he commands Lannister's army. So I guess J&B should brace themselves for some time apart.

yes, that's true. it could be if Jaime will still be LC, as @Meera of Tarth said. Another option: leaving Cersei, he could go south for Tyrion. But I really hope we don't have to wait for so long....

10 hours ago, Cridefea said:

yes, that's true. it could be if Jaime will still be LC, as @Meera of Tarth said. Another option: leaving Cersei, he could go south for Tyrion. But I really hope we don't have to wait for so long....

Let's see. Spoilers are like modern type of prophecies: you can try to interpret them and and guess a big picture. But you only understand them when you get the whole context.

20 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Oh :( 

Reveal hidden contents

so NCW isn't in Belfast for filming...

Yes, he could go there if he hears news about Tyrion being the Hand of Dany. That should happen while Brienne is in Winterfell with the others before JB meet again.

If he fights for Cersei, after all that, just no... Like NCW said, what will it take, if this doesn't do it?

She was responsible for genocide, she forced their last child to commit suicide. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being this is the moment when you have to leave, I think we are at 99.9. But it’s “Game of Thrones,” so you never know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-jaime-lannister-interview.html?_r=0

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

If he fights for Cersei, after all that, just no... Like NCW said, what will it take, if this doesn't do it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-jaime-lannister-interview.html?_r=0

I like this part:

As the show enters its homestretch, and it’s a huge hit, there have been spinoff rumors. Can you see any Jaime-based spinoffs? Jaime and Bronn hit the road? Jaime and Brienne get an apartment together? 

Yeah, that’s the one. What would you call that? “Roommates”?

“Heartslayer”? It could be a rom-com.

[Laughs.] “The Heartslayer”! Yeah, why not. But it has to be a sitcom, though, and it has to have a laugh track. Then I would do it in a heartbeat. I thought we’d have a season where we just did the whole thing in a cabaret. Varys would be the owner of the club, because I know Conleth Hill would be amazing at that. And we’d all come in and do little things. Last year we did a Coldplay musical. I thought that was the finest moment we had.

He also views his character and Brienne's like that: 

He was briefly reunited with Brienne at Riverrun, too. How would you characterize their relationship?

When they spent that long journey together back to King’s Landing and learned to trust each other, I think that was the first time Jaime ever spent time with a grown woman other than his sister. She represents the best parts of me, and clearly there’s a love and an attraction, but it’s an impossible scenario. They’re both dedicated to other people’s needs. And I don’t think they’ll ever be able to put themselves first.

Brienne is the only woman-apart from Cersei....

Represents the best of him: who can't deny it? She made him start his redeeming process, Brienne is what Jaime has always wanted to be

"And clearly there is love and attraction": it can be said louder but not clearer. When an actor views his character along with Brienne that way is because they have been acting to portray it.

Finally he says it's an impossible scenario. It clearly was, last season, when they met. But this interview is from June, so who knows if the new scripts will make it happen. I don't think that all that building up + the new way he sees Cersei is done for nothing.

Let's speculate. Which options do we have?

Jaime:  

• Remains with Cersei even if doesn't look happy
  • Goes South for Tyrion
  • Goes South as LC
  • Other options?

Brienne: 

• meets someone who doesn't let her back to WF
  • goes to WF (and then?)
  • Other options?

5 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Let's speculate. Which options do we have?

Jaime:  

• Remains with Cersei even if doesn't look happy
  • Goes South for Tyrion
  • Goes South as LC
  • Other options?

Brienne: 

• meets someone who doesn't let her back to WF
  • goes to WF (and then?)
  • Other options?

as for Jaime if he goes South it will be because he has news of his brother, but not as LC , he is not anymore

I think Brienne will join again the North but ....

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Hopefully something happens to draw them together. In his dream, she defended him, so maybe that happens.

.........they will have news of Dany's arrival and probably of Jaime being there. If it's not because of that it will be for another reason. that's a goof guess. she might go to defend him.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Also I wonder if Tarth plays in. There was this moment...

Reveal hidden contents

As well a mention in TWOW...

and Tarth would be just amazing to see. Especially if there is where JB meet. i can't think of anywhere better in fact to see them!

who knows maybe we will see Brienne's father as well. it's a good place to stay or hide.

4 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Well, I guess he will stay by Cersei, after the news of Dany's arrival reaches KL probably as a message signed by Tyrion, the HotQ, Jaime goes south.

Other option is that Jaime goes to Casterly Rock because can't stay with Cersei.

I also thought of Casterly Rock as abother possible new location for nrxt season. at this moment I think we can assume Jaime is the Lord of CR or either he will go there if not South because he won't stay in KG for a long time.

but.....I prefer the Sapphire Island.......it's so beautiful and romantic....

32 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

nwhich mention?

This:

Spoiler

Arianne chapter... the Griffs...

"Tarth has fallen too, some fisherfolk will tell you," said Valena. "These sellswords now hold most of Cape Wrath and half the Stepstones. We hear talk of elephants in the rainwood."

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

This:

Hide contents

"Tarth has fallen too, some fisherfolk will tell you," said Valena. "These sellswords now hold most of Cape Wrath and half the Stepstones. We hear talk of elephants in the rainwood."

Spoiler

I mislead it with the website Watchers on the Wall!! LOL Thanks, I haven't read the chapter, but it's very interesting. Oh, I'd love to see Tarth again in the show!

16 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Well, I guess he will stay by Cersei, after the news of Dany's arrival reaches KL probably as a message signed by Tyrion, the HotQ, Jaime goes south.

Other option is that Jaime goes to Casterly Rock because can't stay with Cersei.

11 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

.........they will have news of Dany's arrival and probably of Jaime being there. If it's not because of that it will be for another reason. that's a goof guess. she might go to defend him.

Yes, we have also to consider what Dany will do. Now there is a new King in the North to join forces with. Who will she send as messenger? Varys? Tyrion? I don't think Dany will be attacked in South bacause there's no a big army available right now. So will Jaime go to south just for Tyrion?

11 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

This:

Hide contents

I didn't know that! I'd love to see Tarth.

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

Yes, we have also to consider what Dany will do. Now there is a new King in the North to join forces with. Who will she send as messenger? Varys? Tyrion? I don't think Dany will be attacked in South bacause there's no a big army available right now. So will Jaime go to south just for Tyrion?

I didn't know that! I'd love to see Tarth.

mm. interesting. Well, I hope he doesn't do that for Cersei. Maybe he wants to talk to them.

Nikolaj Coster Waldaw has shared a pic of Gwen in his twitter account: https://twitter.com/nikolajcw?lang=ca

https://www.instagram.com/nikolajwilliamcw/

It could only be they are on the same area, but I think it's reasonable to speculate they might be currently filming some scenes together!

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Nikolaj Coster Waldaw has shared a pic of Gwen in his twitter account: https://twitter.com/nikolajcw?lang=ca

https://www.instagram.com/nikolajwilliamcw/

It could only be they are on the same area, but I think it's reasonable to speculate they might be currently filming some scenes together!

Sweet!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if they are together in Season 7.  I was just saying recently that even though I strongly believe Brienne and Pod are headed for Winterfell (to report more fully to Jon and Sansa, and get more orders), I believe Brienne is a very logical emissary for Jon and Sansa to send to King's Landing, since she and Pod are on reasonably good terms with the Lannisters (or, at least, on better terms than anyone else in Winterfell.  Who else would they send??  Can't send Littlefinger alone, Sansa has flat out said only a fool would trust him.)

I could see Jon and Sansa sending Brienne, Pod, and maybe some others (possibly even including Littlefinger) down to King's Landing in an effort to convince them that the real battle is up north (WW/Others)

Wonder if Tormund will go too...if so, there could be some serious "love triangle" sparks flying!!!!

7 hours ago, Cron said:

Sweet!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if they are together in Season 7.  I was just saying recently that even though I strongly believe Brienne and Pod are headed for Winterfell (to report more fully to Jon and Sansa, and get more orders), I believe Brienne is a very logical emissary for Jon and Sansa to send to King's Landing, since she and Pod are on reasonably good terms with the Lannisters (or, at least, on better terms than anyone else in Winterfell.  Who else would they send??  Can't send Littlefinger alone, Sansa has flat out said only a fool would trust him.)

I could see Jon and Sansa sending Brienne, Pod, and maybe some others (possibly even including Littlefinger) down to King's Landing in an effort to convince them that the real battle is up north (WW/Others)

Wonder if Tormund will go too...if so, there could be some serious "love triangle" sparks flying!!!!

Well let's hope that if she is in WF it's just for a short period of time unless Jaime goes there. 

I don't think they could send LF because he is no friends with Jon; in fact I don't know how Jon let's him stay there given that he married her with Ramsay (lthough "he didn't know").

I don't like Brienne as an emissary but the reason you point out is very interesting.

Sure, Tormund+Jaime+Brienne would be really cool because it would be similar to Hyle+JB and thus create some explosive romantic tension between JB. But ultimately, Tormund would have to leave....

Archived