[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I don 't think she is interested in Jaime anymore. I bet she doesn't even love him. While, at the same time, is she crazy enough to marry him despite knowing nobody would accept it? But she is the new ruler, her rules.

IMO she won't try to marry him, but maybe we'll get an scene when she tells him to marry and he declines, that wuld be very interestin, and would show how he is growing apart from her.

Everyone pretty much knows that the 3 bastards were all Jaime's.  Besides, she just wiped out the faith so she is the defacto ruler of everything in King's Landing, politics, religion, you name it, she runs it and supposedly they are all loyal. She can marry who she wants and on the show (cough, ugh, cof) everyone in King's Landing is very, VERY happy this season.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Everyone pretty much knows that the 3 bastards were all Jaime's.  Besides, she just wiped out the faith so she is the defacto ruler of everything in King's Landing, politics, religion, you name it, she runs it and supposedly they are all loyal. She can marry who she wants and on the show (cough, ugh, cof) everyone in King's Landing is very, VERY happy this season.

Yes, that's a bit weird. I suppose they do it because they are afraid of her? I don't know, I try to find some logic in the pics that gt leaked.

I suppose she could do it, but I'd love to see an scene in which they have an argument, she gets angry and proposes, and he declines. I would love to see it.

Cersei can not be queen for a long period of time. I know the "leaks" say that

Spoiler

her armed forces will be winning in battle despite being less soldiers and also the wight hunt to show a wight to her

but Jaime and Cersei won't be in good terms.

Even if the leak about..... -( if you are a JB shipper, this possible spoiler might offend your sensibilities)

Spoiler

Cersei's pregnancy

is true, she is doomed, as well as her relationship with Jaime.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, that's a bit weird. I suppose they do it because they are afraid of her? I don't know, I try to find some logic in the pics that gt leaked.

I suppose she could do it, but I'd love to see an scene in which they have an argument, she gets angry and proposes, and he declines. I would love to see it.

Cersei can not be queen for a long period of time. I know the "leaks" say that

Hide contents

her armed forces will be winning in battle despite being less soldiers and also the wight hunt to show a wight to her

but Jaime and Cersei won't be in good terms.

Even if the leak about..... -( if you are a JB shipper, this possible spoiler might offend your sensibilities)

Reveal hidden contents

Cersei's pregnancy

is true, she is doomed, as well as her relationship with Jaime.

The show has thrown logic out the window a long time ago. Buildup to betrayals, battles and other shocking/spectacular CGI is what this is about. How and the why things get set up, what people do or not do, why and why not are not important to D&D&C. They may tease Jaime / Brienne but I do not know if they will go there, there is hope in the books. Sansan I think will happen in one form or another, if Sansa lives through Season 7 anyway.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show has thrown logic out the window a long time ago. Buildup to betrayals, battles and other shocking/spectacular CGI is what this is about. How and the why things get set up, what people do or not do, why and why not are not important to D&D&C. They may tease Jaime / Brienne but I do not know if they will go there, there is hope in the books. Sansan I think will happen in one form or another, if Sansa lives through Season 7 anyway.

Yep tats true. season 6 seemed to get ridiculous especially to me. I mean I will admit the battle of the bastards was a great fight but i still dont think that the winds of winter is the best episode of game of thrones. But a song of ice and fire is more then that but i guess thats why the shows different from the book. 

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, this is a one-way journey. The ending of Cersei+Jaime started in 6.10.

Maybe not book's Jaime. But Show's Jaime really loved his children. And was protecting Cersei because it was also protecting the children. Now they are all dead, nothing really compels him to stay with her.

But I 100% agree with A Ghost of Someone. "The show has thrown logic out the window a long time ago".

On 18/12/2016 at 1:52 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

if you are a JB shipper, this possible spoiler might offend your sensibilities)

LOL 

On 18/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

Maybe not book's Jaime. But Show's Jaime really loved his children. And was protecting Cersei because it was also protecting the children. Now they are all dead, nothing really compels him to stay with her.

I agree. And I really hope to see Jaime try, with his best effort, to distance himself from her sister, as soon as the first episode begins.

• 1 month later...

Here an article about Jaime, his character's evolution and Brienne's influence on him

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/02/04/the-duality-of-the-twin-the-two-sides-of-jaime-lannister/

His feelings are not only healthier than his love for Cersei, but stronger, as they are based on a foundation of respect. As Nikolaj Coster-Waldau confirmed on the home video audio commentary for “No One,” when Jaime tells Brienne that his sword—which represents everything that Jaime once thought best about himself—will always be hers, he is offering his heart in the only way he can.

Brienne—who held Jaime in her arms after his confession in Harrenhal—doesn’t just make him want to be a better man; she makes him believe that he can be, and that earns her his love.

2 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Here an article about Jaime, his character's evolution and Brienne's influence on him

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/02/04/the-duality-of-the-twin-the-two-sides-of-jaime-lannister/

And his is the reason why Jaime is acknowledging he can't be himself without Brienne. He has to leave Cersei and find Brienne.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:10 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

And his is the reason why Jaime is acknowledging he can't be himself without Brienne. He has to leave Cersei and find Brienne.

Good stuff, but I"m confident Jaime is going to do more than just "leave" Cersei.  He's gonna cross Cersei off, at which time the path will be clear for Brienne to make her move.

12 minutes ago, Cron said:

Good stuff, but I"m confident Jaime is going to do more than just "leave" Cersei.  He's gonna cross Cersei off, at which time the path will be clear for Brienne to make her move.

do you think he is going to be the Valonqar?

21 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

do you think he is going to be the Valonqar?

Yeah, definitely.  I think GRRM set this up way back in time, including heavy misdirection (all the evidence pointing to Tyrion, especially in Cersei's mind), with the big planned shocker being that actually it's Jaime, the least likely character (at the beginning of the series, at least, since Jaime and Cersei are so "close"), with the "twist" being that Jaime technically was Cersei's little brother all along, since even though they are twins Cersei is older by a few minutes (Cersei was born a few minutes before Jaime)

Another critical fact:  GRRM has directly told us he will not change stuff just cuz people have figured it out.  As GRRM basically pointed out, this stuff is the result of a lot of careful planning and writing covering multiple books and going back over 20 years. As a practical matter, he can't just abandon all of that foundation in favor of something for which there is no real foundation, at least not without looking ridiculous.  Also, of course, we've been told that despite the show's radical departure from the books in certain ways, the show will end up with all the major characters ending up as they do in the books.

Yeah, Jaime is the Valonqar, and he will cross Cersei off.  I think he'll do it at the end of Season 7.  (I believe Season 7 will cover the last of the major conflicts between the human Forces of Life, and will end with the Forces of Life united, then Season 8 will focus on the war between the Forces of Life and the Forces of Death).;

On 13/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, Cron said:

Yeah, definitely.  I think GRRM set this up way back in time, including heavy misdirection (all the evidence pointing to Tyrion, especially in Cersei's mind), with the big planned shocker being that actually it's Jaime, the least likely character (at the beginning of the series, at least, since Jaime and Cersei are so "close"), with the "twist" being that Jaime technically was Cersei's little brother all along, since even though they are twins Cersei is older by a few minutes (Cersei was born a few minutes before Jaime)

Another critical fact:  GRRM has directly told us he will not change stuff just cuz people have figured it out.  As GRRM basically pointed out, this stuff is the result of a lot of careful planning and writing covering multiple books and going back over 20 years. As a practical matter, he can't just abandon all of that foundation in favor of something for which there is no real foundation, at least not without looking ridiculous.  Also, of course, we've been told that despite the show's radical departure from the books in certain ways, the show will end up with all the major characters ending up as they do in the books.

Yeah, Jaime is the Valonqar, and he will cross Cersei off.  I think he'll do it at the end of Season 7.  (I believe Season 7 will cover the last of the major conflicts between the human Forces of Life, and will end with the Forces of Life united, then Season 8 will focus on the war between the Forces of Life and the Forces of Death).;

I can see Jaime being the Valonqar as well. I'd say it's 50% of chance, or more.

However I am concerned by the fact that according to certain leaks

Spoiler

it won't happen in s7, and Jaime apparently leaves KG, so that would make him be far from Cersei only 6 episodes before the ending.

Of course that part of the "leaks" could be invented. But in case it was true then Jaime should do that before the Dawn arrives, because I am more or less convinced that he has a role to play there.

Jaime dying with Cersei would be totally anticlimatic and wouldn't follow their foreshadowing od dying in the arms of the woman she loves, so the Valonqar should happen rather soon.

On 2/14/2017 at 3:48 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I can see Jaime being the Valonqar as well. I'd say it's 50% of chance, or more.

However I am concerned by the fact that according to certain leaks

Hide contents

it won't happen in s7, and Jaime apparently leaves KG, so that would make him be far from Cersei only 6 episodes before the ending.

Of course that part of the "leaks" could be invented. But in case it was true then Jaime should do that before the Dawn arrives, because I am more or less convinced that he has a role to play there.

Jaime dying with Cersei would be totally anticlimatic and wouldn't follow their foreshadowing od dying in the arms of the woman she loves, so the Valonqar should happen rather soon.

Well, it's just my opinion, but I'd say it's 99% probable that Jaime is the Valonqar.

I don't think he will die with Cersei, though.  I think he'll cross Cersei off, then lead southern forces against the WW/Others, and die in the final battle.  I have a longstanding prediction (going back at least 10 years) he will die a hero, even though most people will still despise him, except Brienne, the only person to ever know the real Jaime.  (I have believed this ever since I read Storm of Swords for the first time)

I expected Jaime to be the valonqar ever since I first read about the prophecy. I think it is definitely possible for it to be another that fits the description (Tyrion, Sandor Clegane, Arya, etc) but I think all the evidence points to Jaime. It just seems to fit with his character arc and GRRM's writing style that he would have to repeat the act of kingslaying/queenslaying, which destroyed his reputation after he killed Aerys, only this time killing the person who he previously cared about and trusted the most in the world. She was the one who finally pulled the trigger on the act (burning King's Landing, and I suspect something similar will occur in the books) that cost him so much to prevent when Aerys tried to do such a thing. The whole situation would be really ironic, in a very dark and tragic way, for Jaime. In addition to that, with all the foreshadowing, Jaime already turning from Cersei in the books, such emphasis on the time Jaime became the kingslayer, and it being mentioned multiple times that Cersei is a few minutes older than Jaime, this is the direction I would expect GRRM, Dan, and Dave to go in with these characters. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Here we are @Meera of Tarth

So first season 7 teaser of the year: Oathkeeper! :wub: What a good choice :lol:

Hide contents

it should mean something more than what the leaks says about it: Nothing.

we know who were the ones involved in he scene that featured Oathkeeper last season......

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it should mean something more than what the leaks says about it: Nothing.

we know who were the ones involved in he scene that featured Oathkeeper last season......

I think it could mean they are working on the new season, they say "in production" and show a sword that is being sharpened, like a "under construction" sign. But they could have chosen any other sword, if they choose Oathkeeper it means it is and will be an important sword! They could have used Longclaw....

39 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I think it could mean they are working on the new season, they say "in production" and show a sword that is being sharpened, like a "under construction" sign. But they could have chosen any other sword, if they choose Oathkeeper it means it is and will be an important sword! They could have used Longclaw....

yes, I agree with you. Maybe it means nothing but I wonder why they used that one in particular. It's on Brienne's hands now so she should be doing something with her?

On 2/18/2017 at 0:12 PM, Needle of Ice said:

I expected Jaime to be the valonqar ever since I first read about the prophecy. I think it is definitely possible for it to be another that fits the description (Tyrion, Sandor Clegane, Arya, etc) but I think all the evidence points to Jaime. It just seems to fit with his character arc and GRRM's writing style that he would have to repeat the act of kingslaying/queenslaying, which destroyed his reputation after he killed Aerys, only this time killing the person who he previously cared about and trusted the most in the world. She was the one who finally pulled the trigger on the act (burning King's Landing, and I suspect something similar will occur in the books) that cost him so much to prevent when Aerys tried to do such a thing. The whole situation would be really ironic, in a very dark and tragic way, for Jaime. In addition to that, with all the foreshadowing, Jaime already turning from Cersei in the books, such emphasis on the time Jaime became the kingslayer, and it being mentioned multiple times that Cersei is a few minutes older than Jaime, this is the direction I would expect GRRM, Dan, and Dave to go in with these characters. 

That's a good synopsis of "the case for Jaime being the Valonqar." (My words)

And I agree.

I believe it's been carefully and meticulously set up for a long time, and GRRM won't change it now.

I'm completely convinced Jaime will cross off Cersei, probably at the end of Season 7 (I believe Season 7 will wrap up the "human vs. human conflicts," for the most part, and Season 8 will be "Forces of Live" vs. "Forces of Death")

• 4 weeks later...

Archived