[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

2 hours ago, sapphire_lion said:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on Jaime and Brienne (from new interview).

<3 He's the best J/B shipper! Hope that "He's never gonna be able to connect that with himself" will change

27 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Hope that "He's never gonna be able to connect that with himself" will change

I think that it will. NCW always talks about Jaime in the now, especially pre-season. At the moment Jaime hasn't made that connection. NCW used to obfuscate when faced with the does Jaime love Brienne question. Now he's blatantly stating that Jaime is in love with her. So progress!

Here's another clip:

56 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Now he's blatantly stating that Jaime is in love with her. So progress!

yeah, first the episode (608) interviews then the commentary and now this!

And he is not only saying he loves her but that "he's willing to risk everything for Brienne. And then of course, that means that he can open up, because he can trust this person more than he can trust anyone else". That's powerful!

LoL  the fanfic question!

39 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

And he is not only saying he loves her but that "he's willing to risk everything for Brienne. And then of course, that means that he can open up, because he can trust this person more than he can trust anyone else". That's powerful!

Ha ha ha.  No one understands Jaime as well as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau does.  But guys don't get ahead of yourselves -- 'he can trust this person more than he can trust anyone else' doesn't mean there's going to be a happy ending for Jaime and Brienne!  They're always saying goodbye to each other wordlessly for the last time (e.g. when she left KL on horseback just after he'd given her Oathkeeper, with her looking back over her shoulder at him; or when he let her row away from Riverrun, with her again looking back over her shoulder at him.  And you know what happens in mythology to those lovers who can't resist looking back at the beloved:

Orpheus and Eurydice

5 hours ago, sapphire_lion said:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on Jaime and Brienne (from new interview).

OH! I love how he explains his journey to become a new man and what Brienne represents to him and how he saves her! A direct, loyal woman who Jaime is in love with!:wub:!!! NCW is the perfect shipper and he understands his character perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, sapphire_lion said:

I think that it will. NCW always talks about Jaime in the now, especially pre-season. At the moment Jaime hasn't made that connection. NCW used to obfuscate when faced with the does Jaime love Brienne question. Now he's blatantly stating that Jaime is in love with her. So progress!

Here's another clip:

Yes, there must be some progress in the season because he is pretty direct

2 hours ago, Cridefea said:

<3 He's the best J/B shipper! Hope that "He's never gonna be able to connect that with himself" will change

Oh Jaime will! I'm completely sure. We have s7 and...s8 and I assure you it will happen.

1 hour ago, ravenous reader said:

Ha ha ha.  No one understands Jaime as well as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau does.  But guys don't get ahead of yourselves -- 'he can trust this person more than he can trust anyone else' doesn't mean there's going to be a happy ending for Jaime and Brienne!  They're always saying goodbye to each other wordlessly for the last time (e.g. when she left KL on horseback just after he'd given her Oathkeeper, with her looking back over her shoulder at him; or when he let her row away from Riverrun, with her again looking back over her shoulder at him.  And you know what happens in mythology to those lovers who can't resist looking back at the beloved:

Orpheus and Eurydice

I don't know if the ending will be happy but I'm completely sure they'll have their moment, at least! They will acknowledge their love "we don't get to choose who we love" and their feelings for eachother and everything else will explode in their love story (this, if there is not happy ending).

As for the possible tragic ending...if he dies...it might  happen in the arms of the woman he loves....and she is not Cersei at all.

5 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

I couldn't agree more ;).

yes......I would love them to be happy but if his arc is about to sacrifice for humanity in the War against the Others/wws then it will happen this way, as it is foreshadowed. I don't know what will happen with them though!

but one thing is true......Brienne is Jaime's true love and vice versa. And the show has developed it during a lot of seasons....the focus on Cersei, that has nothing to do with the books direction (it's too exagerated at this point when it shouldn't) it's just for shock value and/or brcause Cersei is a fan favourite. Each of JB's scenes (when they are alone) is shot in a way you can see the romance being developed so nicely.

52 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yes......I would love them to be happy but if his arc is about to sacrifice for humanity in the War against the Others/wws then it will happen this way, as it is foreshadowed. I don't know what will happen with them though!

but one thing is true......Brienne is Jaime's true love and vice versa. And the show has developed it during a lot of seasons....the focus on Cersei, that has nothing to do with the books direction (it's too exagerated at this point when it shouldn't) it's just for shock value and/or brcause Cersei is a fan favourite. Each of JB's scenes (when they are alone) is shot in a way you can see the romance being developed so nicely.

I love their scenes...they're the only scenes I can bear to watch again and again!  Don't tell GRRM -- but I think Nikolaj and Gwendoline improved on the characters he wrote!  :)

14 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

And you know what happens in mythology to those lovers who can't resist looking back at the beloved:

Orpheus and Eurydice

:eek: noooooo Orpheus and Eurydice nooooooo. (Brienne bitten by a viper while running from Tormund)

I know there are not so many chances of a happy ending! Anyway Orpheus and Eurydice were aware of they're love and they were a married couple, so if GRRM or D&D are planning an horrible death for one of them (or both), at least I want it is really clear for everyone that they're in love!

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I love how he explains his journey

yes! and corrects the interviewer!

10 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

love their scenes...they're the only scenes I can bear to watch again and again!  Don't tell GRRM -- but I think Nikolaj and Gwendoline improved on the characters he wrote!  

I love Gwen, Nik and their chemistry, they did a great work (not so much some choice of the writings)!! But I  really really love Jaime and Brienne in the books! 

11 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

I love their scenes...they're the only scenes I can bear to watch again and again!  Don't tell GRRM -- but I think Nikolaj and Gwendoline improved on the characters he wrote!  :)

I love them as well so much!!!!!!

I think that they are both perfect (both show and books) but the ones that are new are written very good! or...better said....the actors playing them are just the perfect ones for the roles, they have an amazing chemistry together

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

:wub:   :wub:   Me, Nik and the same faint hope... 

I think it's interesting that in his recent interviews he is focusing even more on shipping JB. I mean, is it just a coincidence?

I think the private scene that we'll have in s7 will be very telling.

• 1 month later...

We have news from NCW:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was shocked when he read the Game of Thrones season 7 scripts: “I’m like, ‘Already? Now?! What?!'”

The Jaime Lannister actor (and other members of the HBO hit’s cast) say fans should similarly brace themselves: The upcoming season is an intense and fast ride. The pace of the series, they say, has noticeably ramped up from previous years. In fact, season 7 doesn’t play quite like any other season of the show.

“I feel like I’d been lulled into a different pace,” Coster-Waldau says. “Everything happened quicker than I’m used to … a lot of things that normally take a season now take one episode.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/23/game-of-thrones-season-7-pace/

So.....he could be talking about his relationship with Cersei and Brienne. It looks like he'll break up with her this season, and evrything will happen quickly.

Aording to the leaks

Spoiler

that wn't happen quicly....but

he could also be talking about realising he is in love with Brienne. Maybe their scene together?. Or also....

Spoiler

the posible final scene in which he breaks up with her

NCW has been in a con these days. Has anyone followed it? I mean, questions about JB..

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

he could also be talking about realising he is in love with Brienne. Maybe their scene together?. Or also....

I hope he was referring to cersei but it could be 

Spoiler

the sack, the ambush scenes etc according to the leaks they are really fast and we are not going to see the sack.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

NCW has been in a con these days. Has anyone followed it? I mean, questions about JB..

I've read something, but I can't find it right now! nothing special btw

41 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

yesssssss

Archived