[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

On 23/7/2017 at 10:19 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Brienne is shipping JB in the panel. And she is completely against the dea of a romance with Tormund.

Great answers Gwen, really. I'm enjoying the interviwes this season. I still have hope because of these.

On 24/7/2017 at 9:18 AM, sapphire_lion said:

LoL

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

I love that he called Cersei "Darth Vader"! :lol:

Couldn't it be spelled LOUDLY??!!! 

That relationship is doomed and Jaime and Brienne has to come! NCW wants to play the real Jaime!

Just now, Cridefea said:

hahahahahaha ask the writers!!!!!

he will play a fantastic Jaime once the farce is over

Nik......http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-on-jon-snow-and-daenerys-incestuous-romance?via=twitter_page

“He’s getting ready. On Sunday afternoons, they have maternity classes,” cracks Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. “He wants to be involved! And he’s so desperate that he wants it to be a natural birth—in water

But then, mid-celebratory hug, she whispers into his ear, “Never betray me again.”

It’s a line that Coster-Waldau can’t quite wrap his head around.

“Can you just explain?

“She’s just crazy! Let’s just face it,” adds a chuckling Coster-Waldau, who credits his and Headey’s contrasting methods for their strong on-screen chemistry.

In addition to that Cersei line, another thing Coster-Waldau doesn’t get is how audiences gave Jaime and Cersei such a hard time for their incestuous relationship yet are now rooting for Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, who is his aunt, to get it on. 

his favruite scene is the last of the show, btw

I know there's probably more disappointment than joy wiht the finale in regards to JBC, so I'll post this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/nikolaj-coster-waldau-breaks-down-that-huge-jaime-moment-on-game-of-thrones_us_59a41859e4b06d67e338fc5d

When Jaime tells her “I don’t believe you,” is it about her killing him, her pregnancy or just her scheming in general? How did you interpret that line?

Is “I don’t believe you” saying “I don’t love you” or “I don’t believe I’m going to die.” My subjects as an actor was “This is it. I don’t believe in you anymore. I don’t believe in this, you and me. I don’t love you anymore.” That’s how I played it. Now, I’ve done that before and then you find out that’s not what they intended, but, you know, that was kind of my intention that that was it. She’s obviously always going to be a huge part of him and there won’t be a day where he won’t be thinking of Cersei because ― just like Tyrion is thinking about his father [Tywin] every day and his niece [Myrcella] and his nephew [Tommen] who would’ve been alive if it wasn’t for him ― it’s the same for Jaime. Cersei is always going to be there. He’s going to have so many hours of the day with a therapist from now on and every time it’s going to be back to Cersei. I think the whole “I’m in love with you” thing is not really there — it’s gone. But I may be wrong, who knows?

I'm confident that if some looks that last some seconds just proof the obvious, some time in the North redescovering Brienne will be a good therapy to finally forget Cersei in a "romantic" way.

And do we know for certain that their brief, underwhelming scene (JB) did not have an effect on his actions? It was blatantly clear he was afraid of Cersei when he was exchanging looks with both Cersei and Brienne, he didn't have the strenght to have a private scene with Bri in the middle of the dragonpit whith Cersei and everyone there. I know it was disappointing, but let's see the whole picture. Maybe not only the wight had an effect on him. After all, he gained the courage to leave the EvilQueen, and he even admited having been an idiot to Tyrion :P

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

As much as I ship Jaime and Brienne, I think if that happens on the show with six episodes left, it might seem rushed and inorganic.

Yes, but there's still a lot of buildup since season 3, and they have reminded us of it in every season, with looks, Tarth gaze, Bronn's comments, JB private scenes and gestures in the darkness, etc. I think that NCW and Gwenoline Christie will nail it.

I really like when Jaime goes North and the theme that is playing is "Winter is here", it's a slow theme, a style for a new beginning for Jaime, and really fits the scene so well. I was surprised that they would use it for his scene, I really think they intended to show that Jaime has changed and chooses a new direction for his life. Of course, until he faces Brienne in private, face to face and rediscovers her away from his sister's influence, we won't see how it develops.

Another thing I like about this scene is that we also see how Winter arrives at KL, and the places where Jaime and Cersei had been are now dark, and it's getting cold there.

But the romance is in the books, and it's extremely foreshadowed in the show. As much as I hate how long they made the twincest last (and I hope it's done for good) Jaime&Brienne It's not a six-episodes romance (like others), what it will happen in the last season it's just the inevitable consequence of them meeting and facing their real feelings for eachother that have been repressed for a long time while fighting for the living. 

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, but there's still a lot of buildup since season 3, and they have reminded us of it in every season, with looks, Tarth gaze, Bronn's comments, JB private scenes and gestures in the darkness, etc. I think that NCW and Gwenoline Christie will nail it.

I really like when Jaime goes North and the theme that is playing is "Winter is here", it's a slow theme, a style for a new beginning for Jaime, and really fits the scene so well. I was surprised that they would use it for his scene, I really think they intended to show that Jaime has changed and chooses a new direction for his life. Of course, until he faces Brienne in private, face to face and rediscovers her away from his sister's influence, we won't see how it develops.

But the romance is in the books, and it's extremely foreshadowed in the show. As much as I hate how long they made the twincest last (and I hope it's done for good) Jaime&Brienne It's not a six-episodes romance (like others), what it will happen in the last season it's just the inevitable consequence of them meeting and facing their real feelings for eachother that have been repressed for a long time while fighting for the living. 

I totally believe the bolded.

And yeah, it's actually the Jaime-Cersei relationship that went on an on forever which makes me think the Jaime and Brienne romance might be a bit inorganic in the show. As for the books, I too firmly believe that Jaime is falling for Brienne, and not just the other way around.

4 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I totally believe the bolded.

And yeah, it's actually the Jaime-Cersei relationship that went on an on forever which makes me think the Jaime and Brienne romance might be a bit inorganic in the show. As for the books, I too firmly believe that Jaime is falling for Brienne, and not just the other way around.

Yes, I agree, it will not be as satisfying as we would have liked to. However, I bet they did it to créate a major twist. Some casual viewers might not be aware (or think that JB have possibilities).

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I agree, it will not be as satisfying as we would have liked to. However, I bet they did it to créate a major twist. Some casual viewers might not be aware (or think that JB have possibilities).

I guess I should take it, as opposed to the JB plot being completely discarded in show. I can see how casual viewers would consider it a twist, seeing as many book readers don't see anything but platonic friendship in the JB relationship. And I must say, the chemistry between NCW and Gwendoline Christie has been electric ever since their first scene together.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I guess I should take it, as opposed to the JB plot being completely discarded in show. I can see how casual viewers would consider it a twist, seeing as many book readers don't see anything but platonic friendship in the JB relationship.

This. Exactly, they've played so much with the idea of twincest that many viewers would think it's a twist (that's something the showrunners might want to happen), and also, non book-readers who like them might have abandoned the idea bc of twincest and will see it as a satisfying twist as well, but the chances are still high, IMO, whatever it happnens, and no matter the ending of it ends up being.

ALso, yes, I suppose that some book readers who are not very interested in romances might have not noticed the romantic story or thought it would not blossom, although it is super obvious IMHO: good romance needs time to develop, and it can't be rushed, as theirs is, so I could understand them in a way if they are not paying enough attention considering the friendship elements in their story are also so important.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

And I must say, the chemistry between NCW and Gwendoline Christie has been electric ever since their first scene together.

Yes, the casting is just perfect, they'd not throw away the opportunity to show an amazing romance portrayed.....

I personally think Jaime and Brienne will get together, maybe even have a sex scene, but Jaime will die ultimately in the end, sacrificing himself to kill Cersei of some sort. Would love it if Brienne fell pregnant but! 

40 minutes ago, myth-taken said:

I've only read a couple of interviews with Nikolaj and he seems really against Brienne/Jaime as a couple and very into Tormund/Brienne. I just hope that if the show leans towards the latter, it doesn't ignore the friendship between J/B. 

No, he is not against JB at all. His ideal endgame is about dying of old age with lots of children from Brienne, or confessing his love to her.

Sometimes, he is cautious when it comes to JB, because he doesn't want to disappoint the fans if it doesn't happen and he acknowledges that the showrunners have played so much with the twincest that even him has no idea what it is about. He didn't know how to exactly play Jaime this season.  I mean, it's true that Jaime is so messed up,  but it's also obvious that Jaime won't return to Cersei in the books to play the part of Jaime in s6 and s7 as a puppet lover like in the show.

As for Tormund and Brienne, he just makes jokes about them. Tormund's crush for Bienne was not even in the script last season, and now they use him as kind of Ser Hyle's replacement.

In this thread we have lots of interviews and we have analysed them if you wish to read them.

9 hours ago, Kaguya said:

I personally think Jaime and Brienne will get together, maybe even have a sex scene, but Jaime will die ultimately in the end, sacrificing himself to kill Cersei of some sort. Would love it if Brienne fell pregnant but! 

Well, she is the maid of Tarth.....after all :). It might change.

Archived