[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

1 hour ago, larastone said:

now i don't think that 100% means she was supposed to die in the original scripts but i do think its interesting that the D's didn't later assure that brienne was alive after this scene in the wight hunt? 

i don't think she died because right after she think she is going to die there, Dany arrives. But anyway I find it strange that she is not mentioned after that (because if you see she is with sansa in 6.11, so they had already changed her part),  in my version of 7x07 there is no Brienne. 

But as @Newstar said (and  i remembered that too) in other scripts she is at the dragonpit. Isn't it strange? two version from the same day?

10 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

i don't think she died because right after she think she is going to die there, Dany arrives. But anyway I find it strange that she is not mentioned after that (because if you see she is with sansa in 6.11, so they had already changed her part),  in my version of 7x07 there is no Brienne. 

But as @Newstar said (and  i remembered that too) in other scripts she is at the dragonpit. Isn't it strange? two version from the same day?

It was an outline, so if she was not there in 7.7 it could be because she was not a protagonist of the storyline. (In the final script she just says a couple of sentences in fact)

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It was an outline, so if she was not there in 7.7 it could be because she was not a protagonist of the storyline. (In the final script she just says a couple of sentences in fact)

do you remember we already talked about this and then we said "Oh well in any case she is in the dragonpit"? O.o

2 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

do you remember we already talked about this and then we said "Oh well in any case she is in the dragonpit"? O.o

haha, well, what I know is that she was not meant to die in season six ;)
since her story would not be complete, and nowhere  says she dies.

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

I wouldn't pay any attention to any of the S8 alleged leaks if I were you, although it's pretty funny that although there have been at least six or seven fake S8 leaks to date, in none of them did Jaime hook up with, much less end up with Brienne. I guess even the fake leakers think that that's far too implausible for the /Freefolk crowd to buy, LOL, which should give you some idea as to how unlikely it is.

I don't pay any attention, what surprised me was that almost in every fake leaks brienne dies early and before jaime. I think this is related to what @HairGrowsBack was talking about. And it is not true that in fake leaks there is no j/b. But it has no importance anyway. Pointless discussion.

3 hours ago, Cridefea said:

I wouldn't be surprised if their intention was to mirror the books, making it seem as if Brienne had died. But then scrapped the idea and sent her off to the dragon pit instead. 

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

He is a super fan andnundertands the character perfectly. We will have it. I wonder what Brienne's reaction will be? I supposr she won't be seeing then talking abouther......but wgat if she did? :P

I could see her breaking up the fight between her two suitors actually. And sternly reminding Jaime that they have more important things to focus on. She'll be so disconcerted and annoyed. But also embarrassed and vulnerable. It'll add yet another layer of tension and may even clue Brienne in that Jaime has feelings for her. 

Just now, sapphire_lion said:

I could see her breaking up the fight between her two suitors actually. And sternly reminding Jaime that they have more important things to focus on. She'll be so disconcerted and annoyed. But also embarrassed and vulnerable. It'll add yet another layer of tension and may even clue Brienne in that Jaime has feelings for her. 

i love this!

11 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Yeah but that's because show Brienne is , like most of the characters on this show, a shell with little inner life. The only time I actually believe she is a person is when she interacts with Jaime (and the occasional good scene with Pod), and even that pales in comparison to the books. She is not 'happy' serving Sansa, she's just a glorified bodyguard who isn't supposed to have an inner life. Funnily enough, Jaime has basically gotten the same treatment throughout seasons 4-7 (last scene excluded).

There is an emphasis (in the books, but in the show as well) on Brienne being the sole heir to her house, on her betrothals and marriage in general, and one could argue on her motherly side through her relationship with Pod. She is an independant, important character whose fate isn't serving a teenage girl until she dies.I hope the show tries to somewhat fix that for the last season.

Great points! She's Lady Brienne of Tarth.

On 10/16/2017 at 5:08 PM, HairGrowsBack said:

OH BOY Are you really pulling the sexist card on me ?! The entire point of Brienne's arc is to show her that her ideals (knighthood, vows, etc...) aren't exactly what she imagined and that things she deemed impossible (being a lady AND a knight) might actually become true. Saying Brienne is only about being a knight is just as false as saying she is only meant to be a lady. What is so fascinating about her character is that she wants to be and is BOTH. I don't see why having *gasp* a romantic relationship with someone who respects her as BOTH would prevent her from pursuing her chivalric ideals. I cannot stress this enough : she wants to be a lady as much as she wants ti be a knight, but she's always felt that these two elements were mutually exclusive, and since she would never be good at the former, she went for the latter. Because she had little choice : try and be a knight or be married to someone who doesn't even respect you and could abuse you whenever they felt like it. However we know someone who would actually let her be herself and actually appreciated her for who she is, and that is Jaime fucking Lannister.

Does it mean that she'll end up with ten kids and a small cottage by the sea ? Probably not. It only means that Brienne is much more than Sansa's killing machine.

Yep. A loving connection with a man, expressing her sexuality, is something that she wants, and this is a big part of the Beauty and the Beast story.

In this light she could almost be a beauty, he thought. In this light she could almost be a knight.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2017 at 3:03 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Gwendoline...

Jimmy Kimmel asks Gwendoline Christie about Jaime and Brienne......

:o

!! I watched this interview over the weekend and was extremely surprised that that was the first question he asked her. Interesting.

6 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

!! I watched this interview over the weekend and was extremely surprised that that was the first question he asked her. Interesting.

Yes...I think it's positive! The way she reacts, Gwen style.

19 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I loved her reaction! She was trying to be evasive, which could be a good thing. Jaime and brienne are certainly headed in the same direction next season..

21 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes...I think it's positive! The way she reacts, Gwen style.

*crossing fingers*

I'm waiting for 7x07 commentary, even if neither Nik nor Gwen did it.

33 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

*crossing fingers*

I'm waiting for 7x07 commentary, even if neither Nik nor Gwen did it.

oh yes!!!!! a comment about Jaime and Brienne looking at each other and Jaime at Brienne and Jaime looking at Cersei, the obvious differences!

• 3 months later...

The confirmation we all wanted: (season 8 spoiler)

Spoiler

https://lossietereinos.com/novedades-jaime-brienne-la-ultima-temporada-juego-tronos/

The plot of the battle against the army of  the Whitewalkers would last at least until episode 4 of the eighth season ( we should remember that it has only 6 episodes). And in it, the army of the dead would face, among others, Jaime and Brienne who will be reunited again and fighting together to save humanity

side by side, with Oathkeeper and WW .... I can't wait!

so L7R says the batlle against AOTD will last at least till epi 4. So maybe also ep 5. 

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

Reveal hidden contents

https://lossietereinos.com/novedades-jaime-brienne-la-ultima-temporada-juego-tronos/

The plot of the battle against the army of  the Whitewalkers would last at least until episode 4 of the eighth season ( we should remember that it has only 6 episodes). And in it, the army of the dead would face, among others, Jaime and Brienne who will be reunited again and fighting together to save humanity

so L7R says the batlle against AOTD will last at least till epi 4. So maybe also ep 5. 

:o:o:o:excl:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, Cridefea said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow! I'm worried things might seem rushed, but I'll take what I get!

Archived