[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

17 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I saw you posted in the snippet thread so you are aware that the leaker invented that Theon

Reveal hidden contents

would become Reek again apart that he avoided mentioning the bank and the fact that an Archmaester who knows how to heal people will appear

having said this the fact that JB don't bang in front of everyone is not even a spoiler. They obviously won't. Nobody will.......

Spoiler

No, the difference it's in the number of scene they share. Yeah Theon's arc will be different from the leaks.

thanks for the link to the reddit sub about JB anyway. maybe there are more interesting things!

I like that sub! I don't have a reddit account, but I enjoy visiting it.

14 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

to be fair, it's the first time I have seen this one in particular and it's an image, not even the reddit source.

Any smart person knows that JB won't bang in front of everyone. It would have been wiser to say what they actually say/do to eachother or to other people to br honest. So not only doesn't contradict anything we are speculating, but also doesn't add anything more. What a spoiler!

Just imagine them sitting outside a studio wrapped in towels and sharing a casual postcoital smoke:D That would be a spoiler!

On 11/3/2016 at 11:18 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, this would be an example of a spoiler!

Sorry I'm behind on this stuff and relying on other people to catch me up, but am I understanding this correctly, that someone (the leaker, I guess) is claiming Jaime and Brienne are going to have sex in public???  Or am I confused?  Was someone kidding around?

(Not gonna search the Snippets thread for it, it's already over 1,200 posts, and it seems like it goes up by about 150 or so every day)

9 hours ago, Cron said:

Sorry I'm behind on this stuff and relying on other people to catch me up, but am I understanding this correctly, that someone (the leaker, I guess) is claiming Jaime and Brienne are going to have sex in public???  Or am I confused?  Was someone kidding around?

(Not gonna search the Snippets thread for it, it's already over 1,200 posts, and it seems like it goes up by about 150 or so every day)

The leaker was asked about JB, and he said they would obvously not bang in front of everyone.

WOTW said they would have a scene together (and we suppose it's private),.

14 hours ago, Cron said:

Spoiler

Someone asked if J&B are going to bang next season.  The leaker answered that they are going to share only one scene, in the Dragonpit and so they're obviously not going to have sex in front of everyone.

But, as @Meera of Tarth said, WOTW wrote J&B will share at least one scene together, probably implying something more private, between only the two of them

Ok, so season 6 dvd is been released. For the 6x08 episode Nikolaj (Jaime), Director Mark Mylod and Essie Davis (Lady Crane) made a commentary.

A poster in this forum (  http://w11.zetaboards.com/Jaime_x_Brienne/topic/30067440/5/ ) wrote the transcript of  the J&B's scene  

In the tent: 

Nik is heard laughing quietly when JB first talk, "I don't think you know many girls like her." Then Nik whispers, "Yeah," when Jaime says "Well, I'm proud of you. I am. You fulfilled your oath to Catelyn Stark against all odds." Nik's so into this lol.

Mark: These scenes between you and Gwendoline, Nikolaj, they're always so loaded with subtext.

Nik: I know, I know. [laughs]

Mark: Do you constantly try to play that or is that just in your mind? 

Nik: Well I think it's -- no, we talk about it -- we don't really talk about it, no, but it's there. And there is that, which has been there from the beginning, weird connection that they have and that they obviously refuse to acknowledge, which is interesting to play.

Mark: And in terms of restraint with that -- because I always really admire how the two of you don't lean into it too much so it keeps it fresh and it keeps it subtle. Is there a kind of warning light where you think you're leaning into it too much or is that just instinctively --

Nik: There are those moments in the scenes where you just know you have to -- I mean, I think the ending of the scene...this is one moment where you have to play against it. Because as you'll see when we get to the end of the scene it's so...talk about subtext, it's clearly filled with it.

Mark: I did enjoy the way we ended up staging this where we kept that barrier between you at the table and actually only physically brought you close at the end of the scene where the stakes seem so high.

Nik: Yeah.

Nik: [When Brienne is saying she needs Jaime's word] Gwen is so much fun to be around. I mean, she really is, she's so good in this...this awkwardness. I mean, because in person, she's such a social being, right?

Mark: She's so loose and fun. And then she switches buttons completely, it's like a different brain kicks in, it's quite extraordinary.

Mark: I love that line. ["It's yours. It will always be yours."]

Essie: Awwhh [kind of moans haha]
[Mark and Essie laugh]

Essie: He loves her.

Nik: My heart...

Mark: He's talking about his heart, you know? [laughs, totally fangirling]

Nik: Yeah, yeah...of course he is [in a wistful voice].

Essie: What about his sister?
[Mark Mylod laughs]

Nik: That's...I don't know what that is anymore.
[Mark laughs]

Essie: [after "Let's hope it doesn't come to that"] Ah, that was a beautiful moment. 

Mark: I give a shout out to [sorry can't quite get the name]. I thought the way he managed to keep the light direction...within the...you know, within a red RedShelterofUnresolvedFeelings was incredibly skillful. It was so beautifully done.

Nik: Do you know that thing with Cersei -- you asked me about that relationship...do you know when you hear about couples that have been together forever and they are fighting and they are -- or, you know, you hear about women who's been in abusive relationships. There's something about the dynamic takes over, and suddenly you can't -- there is no other way. 

Mark: Yeah, the dye is set.

Nik: Yeah, and I think it's a little bit like that with them.
[Mark agrees]

Essie: And this is a completely new world for Jaime with...

Nik: Oh yeah, with Brienne.

Other scenes:

Mark talks about the grand scale of the RR set over the whole Bronn/Pod exchange, so nothing to report there. 

But first, this little snippet from Mark when the drawbridge comes down after Edmure surrendered: "So intriguing to me to see Ser Jaime finally get a great victory and a very (can't quite get that; Nik says something at the same time) at that. Sets himself up so beautifully for the episodes to come to see that actually he really has become the leader that his father wanted him to be."

Mark calls the Jaime/Edmure scene one of his all-time favorite moments in Game of Thrones. Nik says it was beautifully written, and ranks this as one of his most-anticipated scenes to film on the show, the other moment was the bath with Brienne. On the scene with Edmure, Nik says, "There are so many layers in it and it tells you a lot about Jaime, where he is and how he's evolved as a character, I think."

Mark: Yeah, quite. I have to say the man coming into his own, actually knowing what he wants and what he's prepared to do to get there. It was so great to see that ruthless side of the character again.

Mark goes on to gush more over Tobias and Nik's performances. What a joy it was as a director, etc.

Nik: What I like about the writing is it's so true. At the end of the day, what really matters to everyone are the people we love. It's that simple. And if I threaten to kill your children, I could probably make you do anything. Or I'd do anything for my children, which is I meant what I'm saying.

:cheers:

2 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Ok, so season 6 dvd is been released. For the 6x08 episode Nikolaj (Jaime), Director Mark Mylod and Essie Davis (Lady Crane) made a commentary.

Mark: I love that line. ["It's yours. It will always be yours."]

Essie: Awwhh [kind of moans haha]
[Mark and Essie laugh]

Essie: He loves her.

Nik: My heart...

Mark: He's talking about his heart, you know? [laughs, totally fangirling]

Nik: Yeah, yeah...of course he is [in a wistful voice].

Essie: What about his sister?
[Mark Mylod laughs]

Nik: That's...I don't know what that is anymore.
[Mark laughs]

Essie: [after "Let's hope it doesn't come to that"] Ah, that was a beautiful moment. 

Mark: I give a shout out to [sorry can't quite get the name]. I thought the way he managed to keep the light direction...within the...you know, within a red RedShelterofUnresolvedFeelings was incredibly skillful. It was so beautifully done.

Nik: Do you know that thing with Cersei -- you asked me about that relationship...do you know when you hear about couples that have been together forever and they are fighting and they are -- or, you know, you hear about women who's been in abusive relationships. There's something about the dynamic takes over, and suddenly you can't -- there is no other way. 

Mark: Yeah, the dye is set.

Nik: Yeah, and I think it's a little bit like that with them.
[Mark agrees]

Essie: And this is a completely new world for Jaime with...

Nik: Oh yeah, with Brienne.

:cheers:

I love that NCW ships Jaime with Brienne, he tells them Brienne is his heart, like in the interview!

And he doesn't know what "that" is anymore, referring to his relationship with Cersei. It's so doomed. I am looking forward to see them having arguments and coming apart 

And then the director, who appears to be one of the directors for next season also ships them! He clearly liked the scene...

And last but not least....the ending of the commentary: a new world with Brienne, in NCW's words.

Just amazing :)

14 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I love that NCW ships Jaime with Brienne, he tells them Brienne is his heart, like in the interview!

And he doesn't know what "that" is anymore, referring to his relationship with Cersei. It's so doomed. I am looking forward to see them having arguments and coming apart 

And then the director, who appears to be one of the directors for next season also ships them! He clearly liked the scene...

And last but not least....the ending of the commentary: a new world with Brienne, in NCW's words.

Just amazing :)

Yeah I love that part too, and it is more clear with  the audio!!

:wub:

I also like this part: 

Mark: And in terms of restraint with that -- because I always really admire how the two of you don't lean into it too much so it keeps it fresh and it keeps it subtle. Is there a kind of warning light where you think you're leaning into it too much or is that just instinctively --

Nik: There are those moments in the scenes where you just know you have to -- I mean, I think the ending of the scene...this is one moment where you have to play against it. Because as you'll see when we get to the end of the scene it's so...talk about subtext, it's clearly filled with it.

Mark: I did enjoy the way we ended up staging this where we kept that barrier between you at the table and actually only physically brought you close at the end of the scene where the stakes seem so high.

On 23/11/2016 at 6:17 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, we have confirmation that Jaime is in ep1 or 7 wearing an armour:wub: in HG, CR, or KL

http://watchersonthewall.com/lannisters-mobilize-malpartida-footage-key-game-thrones-sequence/

and......his sword will be Widow's Wail!

The other half of Ice ;).....:blush:

Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper together, I expect great things from those two swords ;):rolleyes:

On 11/23/2016 at 0:17 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, we have confirmation that Jaime is in ep1 or 7 wearing an armour:wub: in HG, CR, or KL

http://watchersonthewall.com/lannisters-mobilize-malpartida-footage-key-game-thrones-sequence/

and......his sword will be Widow's Wail!

The other half of Ice ;).....:blush:

This sounds cool, to hear Widow's Wail will be a part of the story, but...for Jaime???

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Oathkeeper is a full size sword, but Widow's Wail was much smaller.   When Joffrey had it at his wedding shower (when he rec'd gifts, including the book from Tyrion that he chopped up with Widow's Wail), it was a MUCH smaller sword than Oathkeeper.  As I recall, Joffrey was swinging it around quite easily with one hand.

Hard to believe Jaime Lannister would be using that sword as his primary weapon on a battlefield to fight guys in armor. (Or in any other fight, for that matter.) 

Also, might as well keep them separate swords for now, in my opinion.  No living Stark is big enough to wield a sword as big as Ice.  Jon is what, maybe 5'8"?  Ice (or a sword that size) is just too much sword for him, and frankly I doubt he really has the strength for it, either.

8 hours ago, Cron said:

This sounds cool, to hear Widow's Wail will be a part of the story, but...for Jaime???

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Oathkeeper is a full size sword, but Widow's Wail was much smaller.   When Joffrey had it at his wedding shower (when he rec'd gifts, including the book from Tyrion that he chopped up with Widow's Wail), it was a MUCH smaller sword than Oathkeeper.  As I recall, Joffrey was swinging it around quite easily with one hand.

Hard to believe Jaime Lannister would be using that sword as his primary weapon on a battlefield to fight guys in armor. (Or in any other fight, for that matter.) 

Also, might as well keep them separate swords for now, in my opinion.  No living Stark is big enough to wield a sword as big as Ice.  Jon is what, maybe 5'8"?  Ice (or a sword that size) is just too much sword for him, and frankly I doubt he really has the strength for it, either.

I don't remember the size of it but I think its cool Jaime share the other half of Ice. It's romantic since they are the ones with the two swords. I ALSO want Ice ce to be reforged but not until the ending.

7 hours ago, Cron said:

Widow's Wail is a "longsword", as is Oathkeeper. The difference is the width and weight between them, not so much the length. Widow's Wail has 2 fullers, Oathkeeper has 3. This means that Oathkeeper is broader and heavier, but not necessarily  "longer" (or not by much). With only one hand left, that is not even his swordhand, Oathkeeper would be too much for Jaime to handle. Widow's Wail would be easier for him to wield. 

19 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't remember the size of it but I think its cool Jaime share the other half of Ice. It's romantic since they are the ones with the two swords. I ALSO want Ice ce to be reforged but not until the ending.

Yeah, I agree it is nice to find out what happened to Widow's Wail.   Wonder if Jaime will rename it.

I guess it's possible a smaller sword might suit Jaime now that he's only got one hand to work with.  Probably better to rely on speed and  accuracy rather than power anyway with only one hand.

Also, of course, it's hard to tell how much fighting he will actually do.  Seems more of a military commander now anyway, leading the Lannister forces, not charging in with the front lines.

15 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Widow's Wail is a "longsword", as is Oathkeeper. The difference is the width and weight between them, not so much the length. Widow's Wail has 2 fullers, Oathkeeper has 3. This means that Oathkeeper is broader and heavier, but not necessarily  "longer" (or not by much). With only one hand left, that is not even his swordhand, Oathkeeper would be too much for Jaime to handle. Widow's Wail would be easier for him to wield. 

Wow, great stuff, highly specific information, thanks.

I guess it makes sense that Widow's Wail isn't TOO much smaller than Oathkeeper.  After all, Joffrey was not exactly a little kid, just not a full grown man.

Archived