Robb's Burial

Roswell

I don't recall reading what happened to Robb's body.  Theories abound as to the whereabouts of his head (soccer ball for the little Freys to play with, on Robert Strong's shoulders, wrapped up in a fancy gift box for Joff to give to Sansa, etc.).  What about his body?  Was it sent to Winterfell for burial but gone missing at The Neck? 

Probably thrown in the Trident as well, just like his mother. It would have been treated with severe disrespect, there is no way it would have been accorded burial honors.

In the TV series his direwolf's head was sown onto his body and it was paraded around to taunts of "King of the North! King of the North!". I don't recall that happening in the book, but in one of Daenerys's visions she saw a dead man sitting on chair with a wolf's head on his body.

16 minutes ago, tugela said:

Probably thrown in the Trident as well, just like his mother. It would have been treated with severe disrespect, there is no way it would have been accorded burial honors.

In the TV series his direwolf's head was sown onto his body and it was paraded around to taunts of "King of the North! King of the North!". I don't recall that happening in the book, but in one of Daenerys's visions she saw a dead man sitting on chair with a wolf's head on his body.

Yeah, almost definitely chucked in the trident. And I think the books do mention sewing Grey Wind's head on (savages). 

The book does mention the head-swap, but I don't remember if it is reported as fact or a rumor.  The body was probably either thrown into the river, or just disposed of with the rest.  The Freys had a lot of bodies to clean up.  That's why I hate hosting parties.

The Silent Sisters cleaned his body.  Minus the head.  Buried it somewhere near River Run.  The head might have been sent to Joffrey, per his request.

On 6/17/2016 at 3:22 AM, The Transporter said:

I don't recall reading what happened to Robb's body.  Theories abound as to the whereabouts of his head (soccer ball for the little Freys to play with, on Robert Strong's shoulders, wrapped up in a fancy gift box for Joff to give to Sansa, etc.).  What about his body?  Was it sent to Winterfell for burial but gone missing at The Neck? 

"on Robert Strong's shoulders"

I do love this idea.  The Mountain sporting Robb's head. 

On 6/17/2016 at 3:22 AM, The Transporter said:

His body had to split, because Robb go a bit ahead of himself. 

I personally think he had his body thrown in the river. Or it got wolfed down by some wildlife.

I think this is the best info we get in the books:

"The most he could do was to shield her from the uglier details of the Red Wedding as they came down from the Twins. Sansa did not need to hear how her brother’s body had been hacked and mutilated, he decided; nor how her mother’s corpse had been dumped naked into the Green Fork in a savage mockery of House Tully’s funeral customs. The last thing the girl needed was more fodder for her nightmares. It was not enough, though. He had wrapped his cloak around her shoulders and sworn to protect her, but that was as cruel a jape as the crown the Freys had placed atop the head of Robb Stark’s direwolf after they’d sewn it onto his headless corpse. "

- A Storm of Swords, Ch. 58, Tyrion VII

Agreed with all above. I think the point is that Robb raised himself as high as one can go (kinghood) and wound up meeting the same ignominious death that any peasant would.

As a side note, there are some similarities in the feeling (if not the actual details) of what happened after Achilles killed Hector. In that case the body was tied to the back of a chariot and driven around in the dirt and desecrated which angered the Gods.

On 6/18/2016 at 9:36 AM, Sabhayata said:

I think Grey winds head on Robb's body was seen by Arya in the books as well. But ya don't think he got a proper burial .Even Ned's bones are lost somewhere.

Eh, big difference.  Ned's bones aren't necessarily lost - they were sent north with an honor guard headed by Hal Mollen. I think it's probably safe to assume we'll never hear about Robb's remains again, while it's possible - even probable - that if there is in fact a haven of northern rebels somewhere, they are probably currently in possession of Ned's bones as well.

On 6/18/2016 at 8:09 AM, Targaryen Restoration said:

The Silent Sisters cleaned his body.  Minus the head.  Buried it somewhere near River Run.  The head might have been sent to Joffrey, per his request.

"on Robert Strong's shoulders"

I do love this idea.  The Mountain sporting Robb's head. 

I thought Qyburn specifically asked for the head of the dwarf from the inn that was presented to Cersei?

16 minutes ago, CJ McLannister said:

He does, but that's just him being creepy.  He likes having spare parts.

Every story needs it mad scientist.

For the question i think his body was most likely thrown river like his mother, his head too. Probably other bodies too were thrown into river. Too many to burn or buried.

42 minutes ago, Rise said:

For the question i think his body was most likely thrown river like his mother, his head too. Probably other bodies too were thrown into river. Too many to burn or buried.

So maybe the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle took care of it.

1 minute ago, CJ McLannister said:

So maybe the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle took care of it.

I think its a bit too long distance to float from twins to quiet isle, fish have probably eaten it.

39 minutes ago, Rise said:

I think its a bit too long distance to float from twins to quiet isle, fish have probably eaten it.

Lots of bodies washed up at the Quiet Isle. There is no indication of how far the bodies traveled to get there.

1 hour ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Lots of bodies washed up at the Quiet Isle. There is no indication of how far the bodies traveled to get there.

Well correct if i am wrong but from the twins to quiet isle has at least several hundred miles, floating to there would take weeks, not counting body getting stuck or washing shore earlier. By the time it reaches quiet island its most likely so rotten and bloated it will literaly get torn pieces even trying to pull it up. Most likely fishes and other animals had it eaten it long before that. Those corpses who they buried were most likely from battles near the QI. 

Archived