Match day 8: Italy/Sweden, Czech Republic/Croatia, Spain/Turkey

Just now, Altherion said:

They'll be lucky to keep the tie and not get a technical 0:3 -- the Russian and English fans were annoying, but at least they didn't succeed in disrupting the game.

I would normally say nah UEFA will just give a big fine and a warning but this has been the n-th time sth like this happened so yeah I wouldn't be surprised.

What fucking idiots. I read on twitter that this was part of a long running protest against the Croatian FA, hence why they disrupted a match they were winning. Something similar happened in qualifying, so the sanctions may be more serious than for Russia.

9 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

What fucking idiots. I read on twitter that this was part of a long running protest against the Croatian FA, hence why they disrupted a match they were winning. Something similar happened in qualifying, so the sanctions may be more serious than for Russia.

Our FA is utterly corrupt, basically run by one criminal from the back(not that most of the leaders aren't criminals but he's the man behind it all), and the team selection that was done did not include Halilović solely because he had already sold him from Dinamo(the guy is the executive director of Dinamo, our best club, too) while it included Ćorić who, while a great talent, is both not ready and an unnecessary midfielder while we could've had a right winger who was a really goot right winger.

I am also against our FA. But this just screwed over the team completely. And it did not just happen once - those same guys always threw pirotechnics at almost every match, and there was the incident of the swastika lawned onto the Poljud stadium pitch, also for the same reasons. It's actually mindboggling in the complete idiocy with what lengths they are going to to fight the FA. There are better ways, but I'll stop here cause it's more complicated than just my countries FA.

Wasn't able to see the match due to a previous engagement, but joyful that the great Czechs reeled in a draw. Sad stuff, this "fan" protest though. Hope the steward is ok, I saw a clip of it blowing up just in front of him. He was holding his face afterward. 

Sometimes, I think that  del Bosque would do better by sending 10 men out, and making the 11th man the opponents goal. That way, he could just tell the team to pass to the 11th man. If Spain could put the ball in the box halfway close to as efficiently as they pass they could be up by 10 now. 

9 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

There's no chance of Croatia (or anyone) getting kicked out because it would completely mess up the ranking of third place teams. UEFA would never give themselves that much of a headache.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that Croatia will be booted from the tournament. Their FA will get handed a hefty fine and suspended disqualification. If UEFA feel the need to be particularly severe, they may decide to void the result of the game and award the Czech Rep. with a 3-0 win - don't think that will actually happen though.

1 hour ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

That pitch should have been cleared, and the stadium emptied. That was absolutely ridiculous, and Croatia should be booted from the tournament.

that would be madness.

yeah,  the behavior was poor. there is a much bigger, older and deeper issue at play here. 

50 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

that would be madness.

yeah,  the behavior was poor. there is a much bigger, older and deeper issue at play here. 

Obviously, I am unfamiliar with anything but the most cursory of facts. All I know is that seeing a burning field, I was extremely worried for the safety of people in the stadium and the players. If you don't mind explaining to me what these issues are, I would appreciate it, 

1 hour ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

Obviously, I am unfamiliar with anything but the most cursory of facts. All I know is that seeing a burning field, I was extremely worried for the safety of people in the stadium and the players. If you don't mind explaining to me what these issues are, I would appreciate it, 

a Croatian friend posted this article today after the match.  

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/10/16/the-sad-state-of-croatian-football/

36 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

a Croatian friend posted this article today after the match.  

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/10/16/the-sad-state-of-croatian-football/

This is basically my post here but really expanded and also completely true. It does not make what those idiots did excusable in any sense, though, but it does put a bigger picture on why.

Archived