Gerion Lannister

White Lion

I'm just finding this thread so forgive me for bumping it, but I have a question.

Should Gerion be alive, would he become the heir of Casterly Rock? Or is that still presumed to be Jaime?

I'm just finding this thread so forgive me for bumping it, but I have a question.

Should Gerion be alive, would he become the heir of Casterly Rock? Or is that still presumed to be Jaime?

No, the line goes:

Tywin

Jaime-Kingsguard

Tyrion Killed Tywin

Cersei- Current holder, if convicted in her trial loses the title

Tommen- Might lose it if declared bastard, or simply pass the title to Myrcella if he wants.

Myrcella

Kevan Varys happened

Lancel Joined the Faith

Willem Murdered by Karstark

Martyn

Janei (Kevan's daughter)

Tygett

Tyrek- ???

And only then Gerion.

• 3 months later...

I think Gerion will turn up because of Quaiths prophecy telling Danaerys not to trust the lion. I believe that you are supposed to think she is being warned about Tyrion, but GRRM has always portrayed Tyrion as remarkably trustworthy (as long as it doesn't impair his self preservation);whenever he says he will do something he makes every effort to do so.Therefore I think there must be another lion lurking in the murk. Of course this might be a reference to Cersei who may offer a 'deal" at some point. I just don't think it's Tyrion and I think Gerion is a likely suspect.

Who is to say Quaithe is trustworthy so far every thing she has said has only made Dany more paranoid, which is what happened to her father, I think Tyrion is in the prophecy and him showing up at Dany's will convince her to stop hanging on every word of a prophecy that everyone from Mqooro to Quaithe will use on her, notice Rhaegar took prophecies really seriously and look what happened to him

• 3 weeks later...

No, the line goes:

Tywin

Jaime-Kingsguard

Tyrion Killed Tywin

Tommen- Might lose it if declared bastard, or simply pass the title to Myrcella if he wants.

Myrcella

Kevan Varys happened

Lancel Joined the Faith

Martyn

Janei (Kevan's daughter)

Tygett

Tyrek- ???

And only then Gerion.

Killing Tywin doesn't stop him from becoming the heir to Casterly Rock

No, the line goes:

Tywin

Jaime-Kingsguard

Tyrion Killed Tywin

Myrcella

Kevan Varys happened

Lancel Joined the Faith

Martyn

Janei (Kevan's daughter)

Tygett

Tyrek- ???

And only then Gerion.

Being in the Faith Militant does not automatically mean that one has renounced their titles.

Killing Tywin doesn't stop him from becoming the heir to Casterly Rock

Being a convicted murderer/kinslayer and a fugitive does however.

• 2 months later...

Maybe GRRM plans to do a short story about Gerion Lannister and his ill-fated (in my opinion anyway) voyage to find a replacement for Brightroar...

It would let us see Valyria, which I doubt we will in the book, since Tyrion said "This is as far east as I will ever go" when he was at Meeren, I think that was GRRM talking to us through him.

Meereen is farther East than Valyria and the Smoking Sea.

I never gave much consideration to gerion before hand, but after reading through this thread im excited to find out wether or not he does infact come back into play and what fascinating storyline he will bring with it :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I'm new here. I really don't think Gerion is alive, not every character mentioned in the books has to play an important role in the story, i think Martin gives us so many details to show us a more real world where people have brothers and relatives like in the real life. I would like to know what happened to Gerion and it would be interesting to have him play some role in the future but i do not see it coming.

Do we ever hear about Gerrion in Jaime's POV? I would think he would like him too.

Oh, yes, we do. Jaime mentions his cousin, Joy Hill, Gerion's bastard daughter, saying that she is sweet but lonely and that her father had been Jaime's favourite uncle.

I can't imagine we'll get an entire new subplot based on Gerrion's whereabouts. With (supposedly) only two books left in the series, there really isn't time for that. I can see on the voyage back to Westeros, Tyrion actually learns the fate of his uncle, maybe even comes into possession of Brightroar, but it'd be a quick pitstop if anything. The main narrative needs to chug along.

Archived