Red Wedding 2.0?

Tana Snow

From the trailer, there's what looks like a wedding or celebration held in the Twins with Jaime present. Could Arya be disguised as one of the guests and assassinate all the Freys?

If so, how do you think Jamie will react?

Do you think we'd get to see some Frey pies served?

I've seen people speculate that Arya is the blonde serving girl in this pic from the trailer:  http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GoT20Freys.png

I think it would be easier for her to impersonate a random serving girl (which would also give her ample opportunity to poison everyone) than it would be for her to impersonate the bride, so I think that's her.     

The episode 10 promo actually shows Jaime at the Frey feast!.  Was totally not expecting that.  Could he die by Arya's hand like the Frey's?  

I think D&D will contrive to have him survive it somehow, but wow, would be pretty shocking if he died too.  

35 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

She'll spare Jaime cause he's not on her list.....or something.

She might kill him, too, and steal his face somehow  - then later hunt down Cersei. I'm not a huge fan of that, though. I'd rather see Jaime kill Cersei out of necessity after she becomes completely unhinged and then himself. A dark, twisted version of Romeo and Juliet. In the show, at least, Jaime is still madly in love with his sister so having him betray her abruptly would feel weak.

On 6/18/2016 at 0:00 AM, Tana Snow said:

From the trailer, we know there will be a wedding between Walder and his young bride in the Twins. Could Arya be disguised as the bride and assassinate him? If so, how do you think Jamie will react?

I am personally holding out for Stoneheart but this would be such a cool surprise! My bet is he would attempt to fight and she would kill him without a second thought on principle. It would be a hard gut wrenching scene to watch which makes me think it's likely to happen.

Perhaps D&D trolling us have Arya take her mother's face to kill WF and thats how we get some version of LS. Otherwise I could see Jamie being in danger but we never see him die. He makes it back to KL and kills Cersei (fulfilling the prophecy), and as she dies his face is removed and its Arya

16 minutes ago, Christi84 said:

Perhaps D&D trolling us have Arya take her mother's face to kill WF and thats how we get some version of LS. Otherwise I could see Jamie being in danger but we never see him die. He makes it back to KL and kills Cersei (fulfilling the prophecy), and as she dies his face is removed and its Arya

Now that would be epic

judging from that clip there is no way she makes it our alive if she shanks him .....if that is the plot she will most likely poison everybody there ....jaime doesn't eat and survives and everybody blames the lannisters for knocking off the Freys

1 hour ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

If someone is "crashing" the Frey-Lannister party to kill lots of people, it would made more sense to me if the it was The BwB with our fellow Hound

It wouldnt be as satisfying. They only have small ties to any Stark and the Hound doesnt at all. The Freys need to die by the Starks.

1 hour ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

If someone is "crashing" the Frey-Lannister party to kill lots of people, it would made more sense to me if the it was The BwB with our fellow Hound

I agree... I know teleportation has been a thing this season, but I don't see how Arya could be in the Riverlands by the next episode

10 minutes ago, Into the Weirwood said:

I agree... I know teleportation has been a thing this season, but I don't see how Arya could be in the Riverlands by the next episode

If they want it to happen they'll make it happen regardless of whether or not it makes sense, I think the Brotherhood somehow overpowering Jaime's 8k strong army to get in the Twins would be as contrived as Arya being there but one or the other seems bound to happen  

2 hours ago, Into the Weirwood said:

Teleportation isn't always teleportation though.

The stories we see in each episode don't necessarily happen at the same time as each other, and Arya's story is the most disconnected from the rest of the plot.  We don't really have any idea of when it takes place in relation to the other events on the show.

Sam never stopped in Braavos, Arya isn't having wolf dreams, and she never did the bit of her training that involved reporting the news she learned each day.  The only connection she has to the rest of the timeline is the Meryn Trant thing.  Without the rest events to provide context, all we know is that Arya was in Braavos for some indeterminate amount of time that included and extended past his trip.

We don't know how long she was blind, and we don't know how long the rest of her training took.

She may well have sailed back to Westeros already by the time many of the other events this season were taking place.

I fear, that actually nothing big will happen at the wedding. It would be the most ridiculous teleportation/time-jump they'd done in the show yet, if Arya popped up there without us seeing at least some stepfs of her before that (on the ship, on the shore, traveling, disguising, surviving, planning, ya know, the usual stuff).

I think it will be a build up and that's it. Quite like Cersei's "I choose violence". We all thought from the trailer it would start an epic battle of whatever, but it was a minor scene where RS smashed one Sparrowfly.

Archived