(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

1 hour ago, Simon Steele said:

You know, I was listening to a podcast on this to see if I could find a critical voice out there (nope), and the level of thought that some people put into these storylines is truly appalling. DnD are catering directly to their audience, and it isn't necessarily the audience of the books. One of the podcasts I listened to, for example, speculated that Dany couldn't bring Tyrion back to King's Landing when she sailed with her army because of his bad standing in the Seven Kingdoms, so he would be left behind to rule Mereen. Think about that for a moment. There are people who actually get on a podcast and say things like that--that Dany, a rebel queen with a Dothraki horde and dragons, wouldn't be able to bring Tyrion Lannister with her because, you know, he's wanted for murder.

There is very little thought being put into this on both ends if you ask me, and honestly, Martin's kind of left his fans in shitty situation. 

Great analysis and critique at Fandom Following along with good podcasts. They call the show out. I'd also say Unspoiled but now you have to pay to listen to the Game of Thrones podcasts.

4 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Great analysis and critique at Fandom Following along with good podcasts. They call the show out. I'd also say Unspoiled but now you have to pay to listen to the Game of Thrones podcasts.

I wanna listen to people rip this show apart, cause there's where I'm at

Any sugestion?

Sansa: I know Ramsay better than anyone, you should have consulted me!

Jon: You make a good point. What should we do?

Sansa: I don't know!

Truly empowering.

Aeschylus, rolling over in his grave: I invented two-actor drama for this?

So how exactly was Ramsay planning on outlasting the combined Arryn-Stark force in a siege? He does realize he has like only a dozen men left and there is not a single person who supports him or would want to support him outside of Winterfell, right? The allied forces would be the ones sitting outside of Winterfell chilling like Mace Tyrell while everyone inside starves. Were I Ramsey I would have gathered my men and ditched the North. 

At least with the Blackfish at Riverun, he has more than a dozen men, the resources to do so and also the shred of hope that there are Northerners and Riverlanders still fighting for the same cause, the former of which is at least true. 

"He'll never touch you again. I'll protect you." 

"NUH UH!" *storms out of tent*

What? Just... what?! The only person left in the world who cares about you tells you he'll lay down his life so you never have to suffer the presence of Ramsay again, and you basically tell him to go fuck himself?! Good fucking Lord. This is somehow more inexcusable than not telling Jon about the Vale forces. This is the last of her family! This is the last person who knows her well enough to actually love her as an individual. And this could very well be the last night she ever sees him, and she throws a temper tantrum and just walks out?

Also, IF YOU HAVE PERTININENT INFORMATION ABOUT RAMSAY, THEN VOLUNTEER IT! YOU ARE SITTING RIGHT THERE. Be a grown fucking woman and speak the fuck up instead of waiting for the boys to call on you and then bitching about it when they assume you have nothing to contribute BECAUSE YOU NEVER CONTRIBUTE. 

Ugh. Just ugh. You can't actually be an empowered woman if you're perpetually trapped at the emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl. 

57 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

those guys are well educated. they expect the audience to not know the difference. 

uh, you do not even need to be that well-educated to know this.  a high school degree should suffice.  Or even just some basic history knowledge....from the internet, books, tv shows, movies....

This fucking show.  So every time they show a woman making a major decision, she has to first be shown getting the approval of a man.  What. The. Fuck.  Seriously, every single time.  Dany has to look to Tyrion before agreeing to anything.  Yara has to look to Theon.  Sansa isn't allowed to say or do anything without prior approval.  I'm guessing she was also told she couldn't speak up about the Vale army that just happened to be nearby with no scout knowing about it.  

These aren't some random women who are powerless.  One of them has three fucking dragons, one has 100 fucking ships, one of them is Lady Fucking Stark.  This bullshit where they are all timid and shit during decision making time is atrocious.  

Also, wooden toy survives in a gods damned pyre?  Really?  REALLY??????   

Nice, I was logged out before I could finish my post... Well, many things I disliked have already been mentioned but the things I hated the most were:

- Ramsay not getting any repercussions for being a coward. No men deserting him? Yeah, he was killed but that's what he got for everything he has done before. His men didn't betray him. Do I smell some Northern loyalty?

- Sansa being angry about not being included discussing tactics. You're a big girl, empowered and you have agency, your big brother does not have to ask for your opinion, just give it. Also, why does she think she has any right to discuss with them if she keeps crucial information hidden?! (Even if nobody else knew it at this point) This way it appeared as if she kept the information hidden OUT OF SPITE! *sobs* 'why are you not including me?' *sobs* 'well then, die, I guess'

1 minute ago, Barbossa said:

Shit the fuck up you troll, there's women in power everywhere but the Freys, what teh fuck are you on about?

What the fuck are you on about?  I mentioned three specific scenes in this specific episode.  Are you going to suggest these things didn't happen in this episode?

1 hour ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Google: parley

Do you not get what this thread is about? What are you even doing here, all the other threads are open. When a thread is clearly marked about criticism and you try to come and defend every point like your salary depended on each episode, I mean whats the point?

Archived