(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

1 minute ago, The Golden Wolf said:

:agree:That little smirk at the end made me say "fuck you Sansa!". If she had just told Jon and Davos about the fucking Vale army. next episode better have a fucking scene were Jon asks Sansa how fucking long she has known about the Vale army being in the North or I am going to break the world.

LF in theory could just take the North from her. Jon's army nor Ramsey's has enough men to stop him.

2 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

My god, that entire "circle around them and stay there" part was bad, first off....how bad are the commanders for not seeing these slow ass shield dudes get that advantage, did NOBODY SEE THAT SHIT HAPPENING?? Second off, was there hills there before the battle? If not, how the F did a mountain of dead bodies 10 feet high or more just appear out of no where? Third, Rickon....zig zag man, zig zag. Why run straight? Are you stupid? No? You say it's just dumb writing? Ah, gotcha. 

See: Battle of Agincourt. 

1 minute ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I was afraid they were gonna make Jon Snow out to be an idiot after seeing him argue with Sansa in the promo, and it indeed they did.  Charging in alone when  Ramsay baited him (after Sansa's warning and everything!)....ugh  <_<    

Aside from being pissed off about that it was a good episode.  

Well the man did just kill Rickon in front of him and of course Jon is both fire and ice and the fire won out in that decision. Logically he should have gathered Rickon's body and brought him back to the Stark lines but the heart demanded Bolton blood!!!

Yeah I don't mean to defend anything ((the sudden human body wall was a bit much but the surrounding with large shields and spear is a real thing especially once the enemy line is broken and the battle is in shambles.

There were pluses and minuses in the actual fighting in this episode.

So we got scenes from Star Wars, Aliens, Terminator, BraveHeart and LOTR in one season, but I guess their main source of inspiration are The Simpsons who did this far before.

Out of that laughed to see Jon Snow completely humiliated again, not only he is a bad diplomat and average fighter (remember he was defeated by the 2 daggers guy), but he's certainly the worst commander after Stannis.

- get played by Ramsay when Sansa just warned him about it

- try to suicide (?) when Rickon is killed charging alone

- gets all his cavalry killed to save him (ok wasn't voluntary, like I said above)

- spend most of the battle being tramped by his own soldiers or watching people getting killed saving him

I guess they feared he could look like competition for Daenerys.

So first post - yes it was that bad that I signed up and posted...

Meereen - blah, the only thing I can say is that at least it was over quickly - although I would have liked more time with dialog like 'f'ing the tits off this one' between Dany and Yara (sarcasm).

John seems to get stupider as he gets older - let's lay a battle plan then, yes fall into exactly the trap we  developed.   We knew Littlefinger would save the day, but I do like the way the Bolton's decided to just stop killing and watch the new army come to win the battle.

And I wish we had the conversation - John: 'Sansa, thanks for getting 2500 men killed before telling us about - you know- the f'ing ARMY you have coming!'  Sansa: 'sorry?'

Oh and color me stupid, but in the weeks/months that we waited for this fight, I WOULD HAVE MADE A WEAPON FOR THE GIANT!  (God bless Wun Wun)

2 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

See: Battle of Agincourt. 

My reaction would apply there too, how does a commander not see very slow moving shields coming like that. They made a point of showing how slowly they were moving and then acted like it was a huge surprise, not really a writing complaint more of an in-show complaint, if that makes any sense at all

I can't stand Sansa after this. I get that the writers wanted to show LF's influence on her, but they play it as if it's a GOOD thing instead of it turning her into an awful person who keeps needless secrets so she can make power moves. If they were showing it as a bad thing with the slow decline of Sansa's morals I would find it interesting possibly, but showing her become LF Lite and playing it as if it's positive empowerment is terrible.

I also thought the battle was shot terribly. I couldn't tell who was who half the time. Maybe that's on me rather than the show, though.

I didn't think the episode was epic at all, even though I love the battles in the books.

1 minute ago, Lord Freypie said:

So we got scenes from Star Wars, Aliens, Terminator, BraveHeart and LOTR in one season, but I guess their main source of inspiration are The Simpsons who did this far before.

Out of that laughed to see Jon Snow completely humiliated again, not only he is a bad diplomat and average fighter (remember he was defeated by the 2 daggers guy), but he's certainly the worst commander after Stannis.

- get played by Ramsay when Sansa just warned him about it

- try to suicide (?) when Rickon is killed charging alone

- gets all his cavalry killed to save him (ok wasn't voluntary, like I said above)

- spend most of the battle being tramped by his own soldiers or watching people getting killed saving him

I guess they feared he could look like competition for Daenerys.

It's probably just me but I don't think the show runners like the Starks like at all. 

I agree that it was pretty dumb to have Sansa not tell Jon about the Vale Army. I think D & D were trying to make her look good here, but what they did was to make her come off looking very bad.

My reaction would apply there too, how does a commander not see very slow moving shields coming like that. They made a point of showing how slowly they were moving and then acted like it was a huge surprise, not really a writing complaint more of an in-show complaint, if that makes any sense at all

Not sure I understand. You would criticize the direction of the battle of Agincourt?

Just now, The Bear said:

I can't stand Sansa after this. I get that the writers wanted to show LF's influence on her, but they play it as if it's a GOOD thing instead of it turning her into an awful person who keeps needless secrets so she can make power moves. If they were showing it as a bad thing with the slow decline of Sansa's morals I would find it interesting possibly, but showing her become LF Lite and playing it as if it's positive empowerment is terrible.

I also thought the battle was shot terribly. I couldn't tell who was who half the time. Maybe that's on me rather than the show, though.

I didn't think the episode was epic at all, even though I love the battles in the books.

Yeah, Sansa's move made no sense, getting tons of men killed that were willing to fight the boltons just to keep a secret.

Just now, The Bear said:

That's because to the show, Lannisters/Littlefinger cunning is awesome and smart and Stark's honor is dumb and the reason they get killed and suffer. 

It's not exactly false, being honorable get's you screwed sometimes. but the show is taking the route to glorify LFsness and so Sansa becoming LF is a compliment and something to be applauded. much agency, girls on power! yay! 

Agree, I got pretty confused during the fight. But my tv is awful in quality and everything looked black half the time so maybe that's why. 

It's the chaos of battle. It used to happen a lot more than you would think. In a quick 30 minute battle it seems that way. The only ridiculous part is the freaking body mountains all put in one spot.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

I agree that it was pretty dumb to have Sansa not tell Jon about the Vale Army. I think D & D were trying to make her look good here, but what they did was to make her come off looking very bad.

Extremely bad; the only thing that not telling Jon did in this case was make her look the "hero" to the terrible audience of the show while killing off thousands of supporters.

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

Not sure I understand. You would criticize the direction of the battle of Agincourt?

I'm asking how a commander on a battle field doesn't see the shield formation happening, especially in the battle we just saw, when the camera clearly showed the shield people walking really, really slowly every time we saw them. It's not like it was 3 people, it was an entire formation. Hard to not spot. Especially davos who was running towards it all and just got there as they closed in on the circle.

the show writting is a piece of shit.

every situacion of conflict, every interesting plot is solved by stupid out of the ass plot gifts.

A vale army for the middle of nowhere and dragons and dothrakis. Pure shit.

Now imagine how goog would had been a tight battle, with smart moves from both sides, with a narrow result and a climax last assault. 

Archived