Littlefinger

Foodini

3 minutes ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

The opposite is true actually. Queen Regent Cersai herself charged LF with smashing the Boltons as a punishment for marrying Sansa. He fullfilled an order of the crown by taking winterfell!

He only has to stage up Sansa's Head on a spike.

When did that happen? 

8 minutes ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

after that scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcx8gAM6wM

Cersai promises LF he'll get a royal decree in the end. So he is Warden of the North now on the condition he takes WF from the Boltons. Since this is done....

There were two conditions : taking WF, and delivering Sansa's head to Cersei (which I doubt he'll do).

I hope I don't jinx it but I hope that he survives this season. He just saved Jon's and Sansa's and co. lives, thanks to him Winterfell belongs to the Starks once more, thanks to him Ramsay was defeated. You can't possibly kill such a savior in the next 5 minutes, can you?

I can see Sansa making a sort of an alliance with him.

Well, there is a certain someone travelling North, who knows for a fact that Littlefinger betrayed Ned and played a crucial part in his downfall. So  call me a hopeless fool, but I think D&D will tie that knot. Consequences of that are predictable.

I find Littlefinger's plot armour in both books and show increasingly frustrating. If you think about it, he has no real power other than lies, deceits and the influence that those two gain him over certain people. But those lies and deceits also makes those who suffer from them his enemies. While Varys operates behind the curtains, Littlefinger is much more straight forward on his approach, since he wants true power and that is what he tries to achieve. He has far too many enemies right now and no true friends or supporters, others than those who buys their loyalty. But, this is no true loyalty as we already know. After 5 books and almost 6 seasons in the TV series Petyr Baelish has gain only an empty castle and the title of the Lord Protector of the Vale, which gives him some leverage but not enough.

Power is power” as Cersei told him in the 2nd season episode “The North Remembers”, and we can clearly see in that scene that he has none. Right now, even Jon Snow seems to have more power than Littlefinger. Think of all the deaths of the powerful characters, from the deaths of Ned and Robb Stark to the death of Joffrey and Tywin Lannister and what consequences they had. Think of Jon's death and what consequences it had. Now think what would happened if Littlefinger was killed and what would the consequences be. Probably there would not be any consequences.

I bet that even Tyrells want him dead for his involvement in Joffrey's death and he is a lose end. So right now he has made the Lannisters, the Tyrells, the Starks, the Lords of Vale, who are not so happy about him, and Nestor Royce his enemies. Do I forget anyone? How on earth is he still alive? People died for less reasons in the books and the TV series.

6 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

There were two conditions : taking WF, and delivering Sansa's head to Cersei (which I doubt he'll do).

I doubt the latter one would be stated in a royal decree. Either ways taking Winterfell was not high treason, but the opposite of it.

As far as I know, Littlefinger has never given Jon a second thought. Now that Jon is a player on LF's radar, will LF give any thought to Jon's birth story, as in: so Lyanna and Rhaegar were alone for many months, and what havoc would have occurred if they produced a son, but fortunately the only baby to appear after that episode was Jon Sn ... wait a minute.

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

So the Vale army returns to the Vale? 

Little Finger is not going anywhere.  He is In control of the Vale and it's armies.  Plus he still has network.  Yeah he screwed over the Lannister's whose army is still strong, but he can also gain the support of the Tyrell's if they give him trouble.  The Lannister's are on borrowed time.  LF plays the game better than anyone, his plans work out to a T, whereas Varys has to make adjustments constantly. He devised a plan to murder the effing King and blamed it on the King's own family.  He is the only character whose brilliance matches the books.

9 minutes ago, The Lash said:

Little Finger is not going anywhere.  He is In control of the Vale and it's armies.  Plus he still has network.  Yeah he screwed over the Lannister's whose army is still strong, but he can also gain the support of the Tyrell's if they give him trouble.  The Lannister's are on borrowed time.  LF plays the game better than anyone, his plans work out to a T, whereas Varys has to make adjustments constantly. He devised a plan to murder the effing King and blamed it on the King's own family.  He is the only character whose brilliance matches the books.

There is this but I've heard it's possible Yohn Royce will be around in the finale. The actor said he filmed in July and December, but he's only been in one episode so far. So it's possible he'll pop up seeing as how he's the actual military commander of the Vale. And going off of that, I think there's a chance that scene from earlier in the season where Royce accused LF of betraying Sansa to the Boltons, and then LF lying to him and Robin about it, will be paid off? If Royce asks Sansa about what really happened she could tell the truth and that'll be it for LF. Like no one in the Vale apart from Robyn actually likes him and Royce would jump at the chance to get rid of LF. 

I'm not ready to bet on LF dying yet as I think it's just as likely his fall doesn't come until someone like Sandor exposes what he did to Ned. But the set up is certainly here in season 6 for his fall to happen now, with a joint effort by Sansa, Jon and Royce. 

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

I have no idea what kind of promo you saw. But the one I saw had no such thing in it. 

He is saying "We have to trust each other. We have so many enemies now" and then we see him kissing her on forehead, as in saying goodbye before one of them leaves.

And since we know Jon is not leaving anywhere, I bet it is Sansa who leaves with Lord Royce and massive Vale army to south. There is nothing else left to do for her in the North, the region and its capital is back in House Stark's hands. But they are on shaky grounds and need allies for the fight against White Walkers.

Sansa will be on diplomatic mission just like Catelyn travelled on diplomatic mission for Robb to Walder Frey and Renly Baratheon.

Laughing at some people thinking Sansa isn't significant enough to off Littlefinger. She is bigger and more significant than him now and if any one character would be responsible for his death, it'd be her. I could see one of a few things happening.

1. She could agree with whatever he wants (probably the North) and then arrange for Jon to be in charge and be like "ohhh noooo, I can't give you anything I promised. Bummer." 

2. She gets him eliminated by telling the peeps of the Vale that he killed her aunt and she has been threatened into keeping his secret etc etc. 

3. She does both of the above and marries Robyn. He is soft and easy to manipulate. She'd have Jon in Winterfell, controlling the Vale and inherits Riverun (?)

4. She just plays a little bit more and he lives, which I find really likely. He has been great at staying alive and playing the game, but I feel like he has slipped a little. Sansa could still use him. All she needs is his network and that's it. 

3 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

He is saying "We have to trust each other. We have so many enemies now" and then we see him kissing her on forehead, as in saying goodbye before one of them leaves.

And since we know Jon is not leaving anywhere, I bet it is Sansa who leaves with Lord Royce and massive Vale army to south. There is nothing else left to do for her in the North, the region and its capital is back in House Stark's hands. But they are on shaky grounds and need allies for the fight against White Walkers.

Sansa will be on diplomatic mission just like Catelyn travelled on diplomatic mission for Robb to Walder Frey and Renly Baratheon.

Could be but I don't think spoilers have indicated anything about Sansa leaving WF... but we'll see. I don't think she'd be interested in going anywhere, at least not so soon. She's wanted to be home in WF this whole season and it'd be a bit abrupt for her to take off immediately, even if it's for a mission of some kind.

If it's not a goodbye, the forehead kiss could just be an emotional moment they have after talking things out (I had an idea that this might be a scene after whatever happens in the Godswood with LF, and Jon is reassuring Sansa that he has her back and she's safe after they've perhaps taken care of LF together, which would be a fitting follow up to the scene in 6x09 when she said he couldn't protect her). 

Archived