Where will Dany Land in Westeros? (SPOILERS)

The Lash

I am going rewatch episode 9.  I don't think it dropped any clear hints unless she decides to take the Iron Islands first.  Which with Winter coming i think would be a huge mistake.  They don't have any food stores and i dont think the sea around them could support her army.  Plus the don't have any gold.  I am betting it will follow the book arc and they will take Storm's End.  Where the prospects of securing food and gold are much better due to the proximity of the Reach.  Also, knowing the writers, she will not even find out about the Long Night coming for awhile yet.  They love to just drag shit out.

What is the first place she will burn?

Dragonstone imo, books and show.  In the books, I expect her to conquer Volantis, so if she takes Dragonstone she can use Dragonstone as a secure base to have supplies from the Free Cities shipped in.  It's a logical place to take first, both logistically and symbolically (her families ancient seat, where she was born, etc.).  The show won't dip into the logistical aspect of it though.  

Dragonstone is good because it gives you a spot to gather information.

If she's getting much of the Young Griff plotlines, Storm's End and the Stormlands is on the table. Dorne, maybe.

But it's more likely she wants symbology of Aegon the Conqueror, which means Dragonstone first, then probably King's Landing (or the ruins thereof, thanks Cersei).

I think she will land in Dorne, maybe there will be some battle with Euron next season too that seems logical, I don't expect there to be much left of Kings Landing after the next episode but I guess Dany reaching their at the climax of the first half of next season seems logical and well timed for a confrontation with Jon and/or the whitewalkers.

Dorne or King's Landing. Personally I'd go to King's Landing, since it's the capital and taking it in one swift stroke, which Danaerys can easily do with her dragons, would be a huge symbolic and tactical victory.

2 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

It'll be Dorne...hence why Varys headed there to gain allies for Dany.

I would say 80% chance it will be Dorn.  Dorn was faithful and loyal to the Targerians up to the end.  Their forces also un-damaged by the recent wars.  Varys will knock off either Kevan or Pycell then head to Dorn.

Wouldn't it be simply wonderful if Varys goes to Winterfell. Wishful thinking I know but I've always wondered how he managed not to lose his head after the sacking of KL. I think it's because he exchanged valuable information for his life. He knew where Lyanna was being held. In the show at least he could also know the truth of Jon's parentage. 4 independent corroborations (Tv show) Howland, Bran, Baelish and Varys.
Hey show writers if your reading this, do your selves a favour. Drop Dorne. Save the your selves some money.

Part of me wants to say Dorne, but a lot me doesn't. Since we have no fAegon or Quentyn it makes it more difficult.  So far Dorne hasn't shown any interest in anything but for revenge on the Lannisters.  Given the writing, I dont know if Dorne really cares at all about Dany.  Then again it will be another chance to enforce their girl power motif with the Sandsnakes and make all men look inept.

1 hour ago, BobinIL said:

I would say 80% chance it will be Dorn.  Dorn was faithful and loyal to the Targerians up to the end.  Their forces also un-damaged by the recent wars.  Varys will knock off either Kevan or Pycell then head to Dorn.

With no Blackfyire/(f)Aegon storyline, Varys has no reason to knock off Kevan in the TV Show.  Kevan will more than likely meet his end in the Wildfyre, along with practically everyone else in Kings Landing.

1 hour ago, The Lash said:

Then again it will be another chance to enforce their girl power motif with the Sandsnakes and make all men look inept.

LOL im with ya on that one. Bad enough we have Brienne show up every episode enforcing 'women are as tough as men' image but now the Queen posse? I know this sounds sexist and I do like the Throne girls stepping up but yeh.

1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

With no Blackfyire/(f)Aegon storyline, Varys has no reason to knock off Kevan in the TV Show.  Kevan will more than likely meet his end in the Wildfyre, along with practically everyone else in Kings Landing.

there is this stabbing scene from the trailer.....

Archived