Frey/Lannister wedding

OtusUmbra

Nah, Jaime will force walder to marry one of his daughters to Bronn and give him Riverrun, since they made a pact and the Freys werent able to take it back without Lannister help.

I dont know if the freys will get their due this finale or the begininng of the next season.

Either way, it will probably be Arya and the Freys will start to fight amongst themselves and get picked off by Littlefinger.

Who still is warden of the Riverlands by the way....... ( Harrenhal)

I seriously doubt that this will happen but it would be incredible to see it happen. 

It's a wedding and they're also celebrating their recent victory. Everyone is celebrating and being merry, then Jamie get's up to make a speech much like Walder Frey did in S3E9. The Lannister men then begin slaughtering the Freys and it comes down to Walder being the last one alive and Jamie walks up to him and whispers "Catelyn Stark sends her regards" in his ear and stabs him in the heart, beginning his redemption arc. He gives the twins to Bronn and goes back to KL.

It's a reverse red wedding.

14 minutes ago, CQCStargaryen said:

I seriously doubt that this will happen but it would be incredible to see it happen. 

It's a wedding and they're also celebrating their recent victory. Everyone is celebrating and being merry, then Jamie get's up to make a speech much like Walder Frey did in S3E9. The Lannister men then begin slaughtering the Freys and it comes down to Walder being the last one alive and Jamie walks up to him and whispers "Catelyn Stark sends her regards" in his ear and stabs him in the heart, beginning his redemption arc. He gives the twins to Bronn and goes back to KL.

It's a reverse red wedding.

Em.. that would have been the opposite of 'redemption arc'.

5 minutes ago, The Bad Wolf said:

Em.. that would have been the opposite of 'redemption arc'.

I disagree. He redeems those who dies in the Red Wedding, and in a way honors his vow to Brienne.  However, after this he will go off and kill Cersei when he gets back to KL after he sees what she's done. I don't know what will happen to him after that though.

I honestly have no clue what this is and will only offer my thoughts based on what I have seen.

It looks like a wedding or large celebration. Maybe the Frey's celebrating getting back Riverrun or that combined with Bronn getting a new wife. I think that Jaime may make some demand of Walder based on his deal with Edmure to take Riverrun without a battle. Walder may tell Jaime to fuck off, and on cue the Lannisters slaughter the Freys. Bronn gets the Twins? (this part is really really just a joke)

I don't see any reason for Arya to already be there. I could see the party happening and the BwB waiting outside and snatching Jaime as he wanders around outside missing Cersei.

10 minutes ago, CQCStargaryen said:

I disagree. He redeems those who dies in the Red Wedding, and in a way honors his vow to Brienne.  However, after this he will go off and kill Cersei when he gets back to KL after he sees what she's done. I don't know what will happen to him after that though.

Not at all. Betraying and murdering Freys has nothing to do with honor. It is the complete opposite of knightly ideals, to which Jaime aspires.

On June 19, 2016 at 11:14 PM, OtusUmbra said:

In the sneak peak of the season and in tonight's "next episode" trailer we see a wedding at Riverrun. 

What are everyone's thoughts on this, considering the opportunity for it to be a Lady Stoneheart reveal?

I am definitely hoping for it and may be disappointed but it seems they have set us up to be reminded:which Freys to hate , that the BwoB still exists and even tonight's discussion about resurrection lays even more groundwork for a big reveal.

Considerations:

1: in the books Cat it seemed been dead for a short time before becoming LSH. Where in the show it seems like years have passed. I would think speech would be the least of LSH's worries.

2: would the hound be on board with this, by nature of being around for the resurrection and being in a mood to kill?

3: will she inherit the BwoB and over ride the mission to go north and inevitable awkward reunion with the family/LF?

4: with beric still being alive we have to assume we would see her resurrection in this episode will we also see her wreak destruction on the Frey/Lannister wedding in the same episode? 

5: it seems jaime could die. Or perhaps taken prisoner and taken to meet her? 

Clearly I am strongly biased towards seeing a LSH reveal in this episode. My fingers are crossed that they haven't put these clues in to lead me to these assumptions and have it just be a pleasant Frey wedding for maximum shock value. 

Interested to get some opinions on this bc I had almost given up hope for her in the show until this season with its trail of breadcrumbs. 

If no Stoneheart, who will punish the Freys?

Nymeria + a horde of wolves is my second choice.

Nymera + horde would be awesome and even better if, during earlier episodes, there was mention of a large wolf pack roaming the countryside.

It could've been done by:

BwoB during the hound dinner scene.

Blackfish mentioning it to Brienne and Pod as they rowed off. 

It could've been mentioned by a Vale officer to Sansa and Jon "Sorry we're late to your battle, we got hung up by reports of a large wolf pack"

It's possible that the event is taking place at Riverrun, not the Twins.  Elsewise, as has been pointed out, why would Jamie be there?  Assuming it is Riverrun, maybe Edmure has the freedom of the castle awaiting deportation to Casterly Rock and it's him who orchestrates the payback against the Freys with the assistance of Tully loyalists in the kitchens.

39 minutes ago, 2 Stags Short of a Dragon said:

It's possible that the event is taking place at Riverrun, not the Twins.  Elsewise, as has been pointed out, why would Jamie be there?  Assuming it is Riverrun, maybe Edmure has the freedom of the castle awaiting deportation to Casterly Rock and it's him who orchestrates the payback against the Freys with the assistance of Tully loyalists in the kitchens.

There is a clear shot of Twins before Walder raises a cup and toasts, so no, that is not Riverrun.

Who is left on her list? Cersei, Ser Gregor, Walder Frey... Who am I a missing (from the show)?  I mean, her list has gotten pretty short so she either needs to head to the Twins or Kings Landing.  

Remind me, what beef does the BwoB have against the Freys?  Or against Jaime for that matter? What beef does the Hound have with them?  I don't really remember there being a major issue between those factions but maybe I'm missing something. I think that the Brotherhood and Hound will head north toward Winterfell and the Wall.

50 minutes ago, DesertRose said:

Who is left on her list? Cersei, Ser Gregor, Walder Frey... Who am I a missing (from the show)?  I mean, her list has gotten pretty short so she either needs to head to the Twins or Kings Landing.  

Remind me, what beef does the BwoB have against the Freys?  Or against Jaime for that matter? What beef does the Hound have with them?  I don't really remember there being a major issue between those factions but maybe I'm missing something. I think that the Brotherhood and Hound will head north toward Winterfell and the Wall.

The Brotherhood wouldn't have a bone with Jaime specifically but Lannisters in general and Sandor shouldn't care either way, but if the writers think him killing Freys or Lannisters would be "badass"(most the audience certainly would) then I can easily see them having him join in.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:31 AM, The Unborn said:

If anyone in the show has a jetpack, than Arya too. I think she will be at the Twins and be responsible for the death of many characters there. Seeing Jaime there in the trailer was a surprise (even though we knew there would be Lannister soldiers, it never occured to me Jaime would be present), I don't think he'll die yet.

She could well be there, and without jetpacks. You are assuming that all of the story arcs we see in a particular show are happening at the same time. Arya's arc may well have happened months prior to the events at Riverrun for all we know.

1 hour ago, DesertRose said:

None that they should have. They were originally tasked with bringing Ser Gregor to justice, but right now they are just Robin Hood style bandits it appears.

2 hours ago, tugela said:

She could well be there, and without jetpacks. You are assuming that all of the story arcs we see in a particular show are happening at the same time. Arya's arc may well have happened months prior to the events at Riverrun for all we know.

I suppose it's unreasonable to... assume... events in the show happen in the order they show us when there's no indication otherwise.

2 hours ago, tugela said:

Yes I am aware of that. Believe me, jetpack or no, I really don't care about travelling distance in the show to be honest.

On 21/06/2016 at 6:51 AM, Count Winter said:

Can't imagine Arya showing up all of a sudden. Think we will see the Hound and BwB spoiling the party. Otherwise it would't make any sense introducing them again. 

As much as I would love the Brotherhood to eff these guys up, I don't think they will. They don't have the means to take out the Frey and Lannister armies.

Archived