Does Jaime Die?

Not Jaime, but some Freys are going down. Forgot that in my original predictions:

So we're gonna see the trial, with a possible KL surprise.
Sansa + LF = don't care
Davos + Mel = don't care
Dany + Dario = don't care, but will she sail?
Will we see what Bran sees @ToJ, or will he affect any past events?
ANY chance we'll see Howland Reed? 
Varys, the Make Dorne Interesting Again Tour?
Don't think we'll see The Wall come down. Probably no Sam, no Arya, no Brienne?

One thing is known. We will hear, "Winter Is Here." Catch that owl in the preview?  ;)

I know it doesn't seem plausible, but what if Jaime is setting up the Freys, ala Tywin coming to Aery's defense in Kings Landing, gettig his men inside then wiping them out. 

9 minutes ago, DJE said:

I know it doesn't seem plausible, but what if Jaime is setting up the Freys, ala Tywin coming to Aery's defense in Kings Landing, gettig his men inside then wiping them out. 

why on earth would he take Riverrun FOR the Frays and then go on to do that? Unless that's not really Jaime and is Arya in disguise or something.

3 minutes ago, WinterPool Stark said:

why on earth would he take Riverrun FOR the Frays and then go on to do that? Unless that's not really Jaime and is Arya in disguise or something.

Arya in disguise? You realize if you learned nothing from the faceless men in the show, you must at least realize you can only take the face of dead people. I mean cmon, you actually need to have their face to use it.

6 minutes ago, Heartofwinter said:

Arya in disguise? You realize if you learned nothing from the faceless men in the show, you must at least realize you can only take the face of dead people. I mean cmon, you actually need to have their face to use it.

Nope, in 5x10, Jaqen has an Arya-face on underneath some of the other faces, when she's pulling them off after he drinks poison.

7 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

Nope, in 5x10, Jaqen has an Arya-face on underneath some of the other faces, when she's pulling them off after he drinks poison.

I'd argue that Arya seeing her face there, wasn't actually her face. I mean, didn't she lose her sight like 2 seconds later? Basically, I'm saying she saw her face, but it wasn't actually there. Maybe think of a fear based hallucinagen, Batman style. 

If I remember correctly in the books Jaime is going with Brienne potentially to meet LS.. LS obviously won't appear in the show (although some people will be clinging to the hope right up until the end) so it's possible that after the Frey's are slaughtered, Jaime will escape somehow but end up being captured by the BwoB, who are either responsible for the killing of the Frey's or just happen to being lurking nearby.

Jaime is captured, learns that Cersei has torched KL and finally decides to turn his back on her forever. Maybe.

25 minutes ago, The Lord of the Waters said:

If I remember correctly in the books Jaime is going with Brienne potentially to meet LS.. LS obviously won't appear in the show (although some people will be clinging to the hope right up until the end) so it's possible that after the Frey's are slaughtered, Jaime will escape somehow but end up being captured by the BwoB, who are either responsible for the killing of the Frey's or just happen to being lurking nearby.

Or Jaime was going to be killed by Lady Stoneheart in the books and without Stoneheart in this version they killed him via the next most appropriate Stark... Arya.

And really, they're celebrating Jaime basically killing Arya's great uncle so she's got no reason to spare him and not the Freys. If he survives its going to be the pure luck of having not eaten/drunk whatever is poisoned before everyone keels over.

The thing that struck me last night though is possibility that Cersie might not survive her own revenge. After the blatant reminder by Tyrion, its obvious that Cersei's going to use Wildfire to burn down the Sept of Baelor rather than face her trial, but we also know from the HotU vision that the Red Keep is gutted by the time Dany arrives. I think the key that connect the two is Tyrion saying that the Wildfire is under EVERYTHING, even the connecting streets.

I think Cersei is going to set off the Wildfire under the sept, but that either through accident or oversight its going to ignite the rest of it and the entire city including the Red Keep where she and Tommen were. EVERY named character still in King's Landing dies while Jaime and the Freys die at the Red Wedding 2.0... completely sweeping House "Baratheon"/Lannister and the leadership of the RIverlands off the map and leaving just two major story arc loci left for the endgame; Team Dany (who take what's left of King's Landing) and Team Stark (at Winterfell).

8 hours ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

One thing the preview spooked into me was that Jaime might die. He seems to be at the wedding and I think we all expect Arya to make a huge appearance at that feast. Does Jaime get to actually make it to his redemption arc or does he die a servant of Cersei?

What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

Personally, I'd expect Jaime to stay much longer. I think he is one of most strongest candidates to be Azor Ahai reborn.

9 hours ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

One thing the preview spooked into me was that Jaime might die. He seems to be at the wedding and I think we all expect Arya to make a huge appearance at that feast. Does Jaime get to actually make it to his redemption arc or does he die a servant of Cersei?

I am with you! I think he'll be around, but definitely when I saw that scene I was like, "Oh no, if Arya shows up on her rampage that means Jaime might die???" 

Of course, that means Arya would have to appear in a hall full of people and be able to basically kill them all on her own, which seems..... highly unlikely. I guess it's possible Jaime will help her, as he did technically have that vow to Cat way back when about keeping them safe, which is theoretically why he sent Brienne to find Sansa. 

3 hours ago, Myself656 said:

Or Jaime was going to be killed by Lady Stoneheart in the books and without Stoneheart in this version they killed him via the next most appropriate Stark... Arya.

And really, they're celebrating Jaime basically killing Arya's great uncle so she's got no reason to spare him and not the Freys. If he survives its going to be the pure luck of having not eaten/drunk whatever is poisoned before everyone keels over.

The thing that struck me last night though is possibility that Cersie might not survive her own revenge. After the blatant reminder by Tyrion, its obvious that Cersei's going to use Wildfire to burn down the Sept of Baelor rather than face her trial, but we also know from the HotU vision that the Red Keep is gutted by the time Dany arrives. I think the key that connect the two is Tyrion saying that the Wildfire is under EVERYTHING, even the connecting streets.

I think Cersei is going to set off the Wildfire under the sept, but that either through accident or oversight its going to ignite the rest of it and the entire city including the Red Keep where she and Tommen were. EVERY named character still in King's Landing dies while Jaime and the Freys die at the Red Wedding 2.0... completely sweeping House "Baratheon"/Lannister and the leadership of the RIverlands off the map and leaving just two major story arc loci left for the endgame; Team Dany (who take what's left of King's Landing) and Team Stark (at Winterfell).

I can honestly say I wouldn't watch another episode if both of those things happened.

Thankfully they wont. 

I don't understand why people think Arya will go to the Riverlands? She said she was "going home" she didn't say she was going to tour Westeros. She didn't say she was going to go on a killing spree. She specifically said home. Even more to the point, she said she was Arya Stark of Winterfell and that she was going to go back there because Winterfell is home. Keep drink the Kool-Aid that the show is going to do something cool, they are not. It is a straightlined story. 

And!!! 

Who the hell said anything about a wedding? Because the Freys and lannisters get together doesn't mean a wedding is happening. I would think that Jaime is bringing back the Blackfish of something. 

I think Varys is headed to KL to "deal" with someone who should have been dealt with by Tyrion several seasons ago and deal with another to set the ruling council into chaos. We will likely see the same outcome as is in the books. 

16 hours ago, TheSmallOther said:

What do we say to the God of Death? Not today.

Personally, I'd expect Jaime to stay much longer. I think he is one of most strongest candidates to be Azor Ahai reborn.

Jaime doesnt seem to be the type to enjoy being at the Freys for this long unless he was planning something. He seemed to be changed after that final Brienne scene, plus he will be inspired in how the Blackfish went out (not so much of a useless death after all). 

My hope is that he is smirking because he personally cant stand the Freys and would like to get some honor back if he was the one to wipe out the Freys in the same manner how they took out the Starks. What use are the Freys at this point? Who else would even care i the Freys are massacred? He is following the HS's orders through Tommen at this point, fuck those guys. Kill the Freys; give the Twins to the Tullys, and march his full strength army back to KL to take on the Faith. Too bad Cersei blows it up as he returns though

Redemption Jaime complete. #azorahai

I hold out hope it will just be the Freys and Jaime hearing the Boltons are finished and maybe some set up for Jaime marching North next season, that is really the only logical way the scene should happen but with the way this show has been going the last few years,  you can't rule out Arya teleporting into the Twins or the Brotherhood somehow sneaking past the Lannister and Frey armies. Regardless I don't think Jaime dies.

13 hours ago, TeethGrinder said:

I can honestly say I wouldn't watch another episode if both of those things happened.

Thankfully they wont. 

They will both happen, not in that way, but they will both happen. Walder Frey is gonna die in this episode, that's for sure. Jamie could survive but don't know how that will play out. Cersei burning KL will also happen, but I am not sure how this will play out either. Tommen will die first since Cersei would never do that with the possibility to kill him. Also the visions of Bran were complex because we had also a Dragon flying over an intact KL. The possibility I like the most is her surviving KL massacre only to be killed by Arya with Jamie face.

Archived