Sansa's displeasure [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

1 hour ago, Joan Jett said:

Behavior worthy of a Stark? So I guess Arya isn't a Stark? Or Theon the hungry wolf? Or Brandon Iceeyes? Yeah they're all disqualified of being Starks. Sure. 

Blame the show, a ton of fans really dont seem to know anything about the Starks' violent and bloody history.

It is not about Sansa setting up Jon. It has been obvious ever since they got that letter of war from Ramsey that she's been trying to make some power move. She's been discontent and questioning Davos advice and jon himself, she has been feeling left out. She was left out for obvious reasons, she doesnt know about battles which she admitted it after Jon asked her after she kept complaining. I wasnt sure about a future betrayal until i saw the last episode. Her smugged face when the vale came to the rescue and her dissapointment when Jon went after ramsey. Im not saying that she's gonna try to Physically harm Jon, Im saying that she might make a power move, and littlefinger and her own wanting power are gonna push her to it 

The theme of Jon and Sansa is obviously that they don't trust each other completely (which will prolly be resolved next episode). Not just Sansa.

You people speak as if Sansa is the only one who doesn't trust Jon. Jon doesn't trust Sansa to do anything because she's a girl (as evidenced when Sansa keeps on butting in with Jon/Davos cause she wants to advice Jon as well but he ignores her and treats her like a little girl who needs protecting.) while Sansa doesn't trust Jon as a player (as evidenced by her lying and not telling the truth).

They both need to get their shit together and start trusting one another like Margaery and Olenna. It's just another soap drama that GoT has installed cause otherwise, the Jon/Sansa tandem would be boring had they have been on the same page since day 1.

He asked her what should they do and she said she didn't know. All she said that they should had waited for a bigger army, But jon knows that no more army was coming, why didn't she tell him at that point that the vale might come, im sure he would had waited for them.

3 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

Then after Sansa won the battle he had lost,

Sansa didn't win any battle, she literally did nothing except kill thousands of honest men because of her stupidity,arrogance and lust for power.

And quite obviously Sansa wanted Jon to die in this battle so she could be the Queen in the north, Littlefinger made her just like him, her giving up on Rickon so easily is another evidence of that being true, just like the fact that she didn't tell Jon about the Vale's army because she was hoping he'd get himself killed before they arrived.

Sansa isn't going to live very long is my guess, way too rotten at the core.

8 minutes ago, tormond said:

He asked her what should they do and she said she didn't know. All she said that they should had waited for a bigger army, But jon knows that no more army was coming, why didn't she tell him at that poing that the vale might come, im sure he would had waited for them.

If Sansa is truly becoming Machiavellian, then she purposely let Jon rush into battle with Ramsay, thereby weakening them both so she can easily get power over whoever is left. This would be a Littlefinger power move. But You would think her Stark blood and upbringing would have motivated her to tell Jon about the vale knights and help him better plan in battle. That's the thing that most confuses me, that she could or even would purposely use Jon as a pawn.

Watching the scene again this morning, my impression is the same as it was during the episode.  It seems to me that its an expression of concern,  whether for Jon's safety,  charging off ahead of the army after Ramsay,   or,  if there's any hint of annoyance there,  because Jon might kill Ramsay before she gets her chance to do it herself.

They've had disagreements over their strategy to retake Winterfell, but for my part,  I don't get this idea that Jon and Sansa are actively plotting to screw each other out of their rights to Winterfell. 

3 hours ago, tinka10 said:

And whose fault is that?

This. Jon screwed up big time by losing his head and going after Ramsay, but Sansa withholding knowledge on the Vale army should not be overlooked. If the Vale army had been included in their plans from the start-even just as an option- the battle would have gone allot differently, and less lives would have been lost.  

Sansa was the only one with any info on the Vale army. You cannot blame that on Jon. He made it clear that more troops from the Tully's or North was no longer an option, then he asks her what she would do....and she still remains silent, despite having an obvious solution. :bang:

Just now, bb1180 said:

I don't get this idea that Jon and Sansa are actively plotting to screw each other out of their rights to Winterfell.

Nobody is saying that he's plotting against her, we are all saying that she acted strange and might/will make a power move against him, and all the hints are there.

10 hours ago, MikeMartell said:

When she see's Jon chasing Ramsey, the look in her eyes was so cold and annoyed, her smile at Ramsey's defeat also seemed to falter. Was this my imagination or does she think Jon wants Winterfell and wants him out of the way or something else. Give it another watch an let me know what you think.

it's your imagination, did she say or did anything in the show expressing your point of view? making an opinion about imaginary things from imaginary arguments :blink:

10 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Sansa didn't win any battle, she literally did nothing except kill thousands of honest men because of her stupidity,arrogance and lust for power.

And quite obviously Sansa wanted Jon to die in this battle so she could be the Queen in the north, Littlefinger made her just like him, her giving up on Rickon so easily is another evidence of that being true, just like the fact that she didn't tell Jon about the Vale's army because she was hoping he'd get himself killed before they arrived.

Nah, it's the rotten ones who will live longer. This lesson has been taught many times. As an East Asian I am quite disappointed at this battle. I can give you several historical books with waaaaaaay better battles. For example Romance of the 3 kingdoms, and yes, damn it the bad guys eventually last longer lol.

At this rate, Jon will die a hero at the final battle and bitch Sansa who has learned from Cersei will become queen. 

13 minutes ago, Jan Michael Mil said:

The theme of Jon and Sansa is obviously that they don't trust each other completely (which will prolly be resolved next episode). Not just Sansa.

You people speak as if Sansa is the only one who doesn't trust Jon. Jon doesn't trust Sansa to do anything because she's a girl (as evidenced when Sansa keeps on butting in with Jon/Davos cause she wants to advice Jon as well but he ignores her and treats her like a little girl who needs protecting.) while Sansa doesn't trust Jon as a player (as evidenced by her lying and not telling the truth).

They both need to get their shit together and start trusting one another like Margaery and Olenna. It's just another soap drama that GoT has installed cause otherwise, the Jon/Sansa tandem would be boring had they have been on the same page since day 1.

This. They don't trust each other enough to make their team work.

Even with the army of the Vale, Rickon would have died the same way- Ramsay meant to mess with Jon's head because he knew, unlike him, Jon has real battle experience. The army of the Vale probably would have gone out with Davos and his men and the final battle outcome would be a bit harder to predict.

Sansa's smile faltering when she sees Jon going after Ramsay, has nothing to do with her being upset that JON is alive- it has everything to do with the fact that after the battle RAMSAY is still alive and has Winterfell.

11 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

If Sansa truly wanted to be queen she would have.

1. Never told Jon about how Ramsay toys with people

2. Never cautioned Jon to get more men before going after Ramsay

3. She would have waited until Ramsay had finished Jon's army before sending in the knights. She clearly sent them in when Jon's army was still alive and kicking.

4. She would have told Jon "make saving Rickon your first priority".

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

If Sansa truly wanted to be queen she would have.

1. Never told Jon about how Ramsay toys with people

2. Never cautioned Jon to get more men before going after Ramsay

3. She would have waited until Ramsay had finished Jon's army before sending in the knights. She clearly sent them in when Jon's army was still alive and kicking.

4. She would have told Jon "make saving Rickon your first priority".

The only reason why she did any of that is becaue it was necessary for Jon's army to actually be able to fight back for a while so they could secure an easy victory for the Vale. If she had done none of that the risk of Jon getting killed and Ramay still being able to fight back against the Vale would've been big and obviously more troublesome than just letting your bastard brother you don't care about live.

Littlefinger is definitely gonna try to get rid off Jon as soon as he can, Sansa will have to either follow or betray him and I'm ready to bet she'll be on LF's side seeing how she had no trouble lying to everybody at the wall but immediatly trusted him when he came to see her.

1 hour ago, SeventhReign said:

Like a simple beheading? I don't know. That's too quick for someone like Ramsay.

I just think it's poetic justice. He fed so many people to those dogs ... including his brother. So I thought it was a fitting end, from a writing standpoint at least. It was a good symbolization, showing that he had well and truly lost, if even his dogs have turned on him. I guess I see where you're coming from though.

I also liked the poetic justice of the scene, but I agree that this will probably go down differently in the book where Sansa isn't wed to Ramsay. This scene was gratifying for viewers, but I do think that GRRM will have a Stark swing the sword, as Jon did with Janos Slynt.

Just now, PirateVergo said:

The only reason why she did any of that is becaue it was necessary for Jon's army to actually be able to fight back for a while so they could secure an easy victory for the Vale. If she had done none of that the risk of Jon getting killed and Ramay still being able to fight back against the Vale would've been big and obviously more troublesome than just letting your bastard brother you don't care about live.

Talk about making shit up in your head....

Your first paragraph alone makes no sense, if Sansa REALLY wanted an easy victory, waiting until Ramsay's army had been weakened after losing as many men to Jon would have been the best option. Ramsay would have been surveying the field like he did when beating Stannis and then you could have the knights swooping in.

3 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Littlefinger is definitely gonna try to get rid off Jon as soon as he can, Sansa will have to either follow or betray him and I'm ready to bet she'll be on LF's side seeing how she had no trouble lying to everybody at the wall but immediatly trusted him when he came to see her.

How about a 1-month sigbet?

6 hours ago, Fiddlefinger said:

This thread is completely idiotic. You're reading too much into her expression. The show doesn't have time for Sansa to hate Jon. There may not even be much time to settle accounts with LF; he might even just be offed in Ep 10. In the Sans thread I showed that there is no reason to think Sansa cost anybody their lives. She didn't know when LF would show up. She might have ridden out to hurry him along. Jon and Sans are on the same side. Sheesh, you just hate Sansa because she's a head taller than Jon Snow.

This.  It is amazing how some people have these insane flights of fantasy.

7 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

I agree with this part 100%. Little finger will try to get rid of Jon and will manipulate Sansa into a power move but also sansa doesn't need much manipulation to make said power move. She didn't blink a bit with the whole rickon deal, I think she's hungry for power, and I definitely think that she and Jon will knock heads in terms of the leadership of winterfell

55 minutes ago, Jan Michael Mil said:

That's hardly the same at all. Jon never lied to Sansa. 

Sansa doesn't trust Jon as a bastard half-brother, not just him being a player.

Lol, the Sansa hate is strong on this forum.

When Sansa looks at Jon running towards Ramsay, she looks worried. Period. Her brother is chasing Ramsay with Tormund and Wun Wun. The odds don't look good.

The fact that she got to WF so fast (like 2 minutes after Jon does) should give away how much she loves him. She rode to WF as soon as she saw Jon going after Ramsay.

Archived