Anyone still want to claim this is a book event?

This battle resulted in Rickon dead as we all now he is no near the Boltons right now and Davos is on his way to save him. The Umber (notably a man who died at the Red Wedding) were straight up villains. Jon Snow's motivation for this battle was saving Rickon but again like the books he is no where near them. The Vale saved everyone while in the books they are still way too wrapped up in their own politics right now to go North. Finally, Ramsay downfall is based on an event he never did in the books (rape Sansa). So with all this does anyone still think this was some future book event?

I agree that this is absolutely not a book event.  In regards to the Vale thing, I would add that in the books there is this event called winter that has reached as far south as King's Landing and a freaking blizzard in the north with snow head high in some places.  No way the Vale army is coming north in the books.  And I believe Moat Calin is actually being defended in the books. 

I do think the Battle of Fire may have been a spoiled a little in this episode, but that is another discussion.   

If you pay attention, Smalljon died at the Red Wedding. There's a tall ginger with the Umber chains walking around.

I held out hope that Rickon ordered the betrayal as King in the North so Osha could get close. Shaggy's head was too small. Turns out that was just the props department sucking. 

Whos claiming its a book event? The fact that there will be a battle at Winterfell is a given in the books, but that battle may not involve Jon. It certainly will not involve Sansa. There likely wont be any Vale to save the day. No Umber would betray the Starks so Rickon would not have been captured by them and given to Ramsay. Roose hasnt died yet in the books. Stannis is still alive in the books. M A N C E  is still alive in the books. 

As of the last book, Rickards whereabouts were unknown. Ser Davos was sent out to Skagos to look for him, but that doesn't mean he actually got there. He may very well be being held by Hother Umber, who swore loyalty to the Boltons, we don't know that.

Remember, one of Jojen's dreams was of Ramsey standing over the bodies of Bran and Rickon skinning their faces. So Ramsey killing Rickon was definitely foreseen in the books.

21 minutes ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Whos claiming its a book event? The fact that there will be a battle at Winterfell is a given in the books, but that battle may not involve Jon. It certainly will not involve Sansa. There likely wont be any Vale to save the day. No Umber would betray the Starks so Rickon would not have been captured by them and given to Ramsay. Roose hasnt died yet in the books. Stannis is still alive in the books. M A N C E  is still alive in the books. 

Rickon would get to Manderly, and we could have a plot twist in which the Boltons find out and somehow take Rickon. I think it's likely that it would happen in the books.

23 minutes ago, tugela said:

As of the last book, Rickards whereabouts were unknown. Ser Davos was sent out to Skagos to look for him, but that doesn't mean he actually got there. He may very well be being held by Hother Umber, who swore loyalty to the Boltons, we don't know that.

Remember, one of Jojen's dreams was of Ramsey standing over the bodies of Bran and Rickon skinning their faces. So Ramsey killing Rickon was definitely foreseen in the books.

So Ramsay kills Bran? Got it 

I think that Jon swooping in with the wildling army ala the Vale could play out in the books. But on 2nd thought Jon just got Caesar'd and the battle of Winterfell will happen early in Winds. So I'd say no this is far off from the books.

Sansa will get to Winterfell somehow... and I think this is a good place for it.

-My guess is Stannis loses his battle.

-Jon gets resurrected.

-There's a second battle for Winterfell.

-A force from the Vale (with Sansa and Littlefinger) help attack Bolton-held Winterfell, or maybe they just bring a bunch of suppliesl.

I don't know if Rickon will be there, but his death in the show doesn't give me much hope for him.

Not a book event IMO. Sansa is too far away, the Vale army has no chance on getting there.

What I think will happen instead is that Stannis will defeat Ramsey but suffer heavy loses and get wounded/killed in process. Then Jon will attack Roose in a similar way, and when it looks he is going to lose, the Great Northern Conspiracy will take place and the Manderleyes will back-stab Boltons.

Im frankly dont know. I used to think Stannis was going to win WF, now Im not so sure.

Perhaps theres a second battle involving the Dreadfort.

What I do know is that D&D layed. Stannis cant lost WF and die, and burn shireen at the same time. And in the gift chapter he says strongly that he deeply regrets retriting in KL.

Either Stannis defeats Ramsey, or he doesnt burn shireen as Dumb and Dumber said Martin told them.

I hope it was just bullshit and character assesination.

4 hours ago, Brandon Martell said:

Rickon would get to Manderly, and we could have a plot twist in which the Boltons find out and somehow take Rickon. I think it's likely that it would happen in the books.

Agreed, I think it'll be very similar in the books. Stannis dies somehow between now and Jon ressurection. Davos, who is bringing Rickon back to WF to Manderly's, somehow loses him, the northern lords are hesitant to support Jon after another failed attempt (Stannis's) to oust Ramsey and Battle of the Bastards ensue's, ends with Sansa bringing the Vale North w/ LF.

One or 2 of those things may happen differently but overall it'll be pretty similar.

I think Stannis will lose at Winterfell and Jon will take it back in the books. The circumstances and motivations will be different but the overall result will be the same:

1. Stannis dies

2. Jon wins back Winterfell for the Starks

3. Ramsey and Roose both die

Archived