Will the tombs reveal Jons parentage? [Spoilers]

Attitude

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

I believe that Bran will show 'US' who Jon is, without question. But how Jon finds out for himself is a different question.  Personally, I would hate it if LF told him because I do not believe LF would tell him the truth, even if LF knew the truth.  LF will tell him whatever variant most benefits LF most. If there were more episodes then what remains, that might be a very interesting storyline.  But with only about 12 (?) eps left, the show is going to have to be more direct.  And of course Jon could die a heroic death without ever knowing he had parents who loved him.

I have a crackpot theory that House Mormont may come into play regarding the original Ice.

If the show had like 20 episodes left I am sure Bran would have warg into raven or all kinds of animals and try to tell Jon about his heritage and yet Jon wouldn't get it. Maybe Bran is actually LC Mormont's old raven. 

On June 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Sansa's Hairnet said:

. There are so many mentions of them... Ned dreams about them, Jon dreams about them, and in one of Jon's dreams they even come to life. And that is what I'm thinking is going to happen eventually when the Wall falls and the Others march on Winterfell -- those old kings and lords are going to rise too and join the battle.

hey now. I kind of like this. and it could be a good reason for why a Stark must always be in Winterfell. Because if the Others come knocking and they all get reanimated, if there isn't a Stark around, they won't obey and so fight for the Night King, who the show says was a Stark. cool idea, and I don't see why it would be any less plausible than dead armies and dragons. 

so, if the books don't end satisfactorily for The Starks, I'll just pretend this how it really goes down. thanks. 

And when all those risen dead Starks see a Stark in WF they wont fight for NK? :-) I'm more inclined to believe that Bran will reanimate them when time comes, after he escapes the North, Wall and return to WF.

I know this is a little over the top, but................... I feel like Dany will come to Westeros, then one of the dragons (probably Rhaegal) will see Jon. Instead of attacking him, like Dany's orders, Rhaegal will take Jon's side LOL then we cut to Bran with another time travel, this time back when Rhaegar was still arrive. Probably a scene where Rhaegar and Lyanna talk about a baby or something.

A girl can dream, you guys. :P

22 hours ago, GravyFace said:

Would he really risk it though? The tried up to Winterfell, the arrival at Winterfell, the actual burial of whatever item. He wouldn't have been alone for any of that. Did he show up to Winterfell with it tucked in his pants?

Who, exactly, do you think is going to be going through Lord Stark's personal baggage on the way back to or after his arrival at Winterfell?

Howland Reed is in the know, and can help - and likely would have accompanied Ned back to Winterfell with Lyanna's body, baby Jon, and whatever else there is.

And who says Ned's stashing it while people are watching him? He's the Lord Stark of Winterfell. If he wants some privacy in the Stark family crypts beneath Winterfell, he's going to have all the privacy down there that he wants. And, suppose somebody notices him carrying something down there and doesn't notice him carrying it back up? So what? Nobody at Winterfell is going to go digging in the crypts for whatever Ned left down there, and that assumes somebody noticed in the first place.

3 hours ago, brightflame princess said:

There does for jon. He has no idea! How will he find out? That's what this person is talking about.

I agree. In order for him to form so sort of alliance with Dany he needs to find out about his parents, otherwise the reveal in the TOJ was pointless. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, wiredup said:

the Night King, who the show says was a Stark

Huh?  I don't think that was ever suggested.  Since House Stark is only about 4000 years old, how would that happen if the Night's King was created 8000 years ago? 

On 7/5/2016 at 5:26 PM, MtnLion said:

Huh?  I don't think that was ever suggested.  Since House Stark is only about 4000 years old, how would that happen if the Night's King was created 8000 years ago? 

House Stark was nominally founded by Bran the Builder - who built the Wall at the end of the Long Night.

House Stark has ruled in/from Winterfell since the end of the Long Night, 8000 years ago, if not longer.

It's Old Nan who says the Night's King was a Stark - it's part of a story she tells Bran. Also, in that story, the Night's King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who fell in love with and married a female Other. It was the Stark of Winterfell, supposedly the Night's King's brother, and the King Beyond the Wall Joramun who joined forces to bring down the Night's King; following the NK's defeat, the details of who he was got more or less purged from history. IIRC, the show gave us an abbreviated version.

On 7/9/2016 at 4:21 AM, Kytheros said:

Old Nan who says the Night's King was a Stark

You may be confusing things a bit between book and screenplay.  In any event, Nan does not say that it was a Stark.  She says it may have been any number of major houses in the north.  The story is really a warning, don't take these paths, because they will lead to ruin for you and your house.  

According to legend, Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. Night's King brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years.

During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the north. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that Night's King had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten. It is likely this led the lords of the north to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

Maesters are skeptical of the legend, thinking Night's King's corpse queen was possibly a daughter of a Barrow King from the barrowlands. Some fan theories link her with the Others because of her description.

The Night's King in the screenplay is the original Other (White Walker), the beginning before the Wall was built.  

On June 26, 2016 at 3:44 AM, Kytheros said:

An "original" Ice, be it magical, special material, or formerly White Walker, could be in one of the closed off/inaccessible portions of the Crypts, in which case, it is quite possible that Ghost could lead Jon to it. However, there is absolutely no chance that it would be in Lyanna's tomb, or anywhere else concealed by Ned. And no chance it would be part of an R+L=J "proof" reveal, nor would the Targaryens have ever had it. Which is what was originally suggested.

I haz a confused. "Original" Ice? 

I don't remember Ned having Ice 2.0. Where is that in the books?

And what would be the point?

13 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I haz a confused. "Original" Ice? 

I don't remember Ned having Ice 2.0. Where is that in the books?

And what would be the point?

The Valyrian Steel sword called Ice that Ned had was a few hundred years old. It is thought that that Ice was merely one of many blades held in succession by House Stark called Ice, going back to the Long Night and the founding of House Stark.

On 21 juin 2016 at 0:13 PM, Attitude said:

I ask the same question to you:
How would LF know this? 
LF knows a lot, but all the things he knows make sense (because he has plotted with those people). LF isn't Varys who knows everything through his little birds, and even Varys doesn't know about things that were never spoken off. 
Things that LF know have to make sense (at least so far), and him knowing about R+L=J won't make sense to me. 

When Sansa was talking about her aunt Lyanna with LF in the crypts, he seemed to know more than what she thought she knew... When she said "and then he raped her and killed her..." He had that look like "You Know Nothing"... The kind of look Lord Smalljon Umber had when Ramsey said that his father was killed by an enemy... Obviously, Umber knew he was lying so he just nod his head like "yeah yeah whatever"

On 5 juillet 2016 at 6:15 AM, brightflame princess said:

There does for jon. He has no idea! How will he find out? That's what this person is talking about.

Maybe when Daenerys comes with her Dragons and Jon loses Ghost and replaces him with a dragon... I mean he won't just wake up and say I want a dragon DANY... 

what if he meets Daenerys so he can bend the knee? And he refuses... So Dany decides to threaten him with the dragons and says 'Dracarys' but they don't obey...? Like they can feel something about him that is related to themselves? I don't know... That would be boring af... Or what if as soon as Jon meets the dragons they become agitated? 

I say that because I read something like Jon will have to lose Ghost to get rid of his Stark link (sigil) to bond with a dragon as a true Targaryen... 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, MtnLion said:

You may be confusing things a bit between book and screenplay.  In any event, Nan does not say that it was a Stark.  She says it may have been any number of major houses in the north.  The story is really a warning, don't take these paths, because they will lead to ruin for you and your house.  

The Night's King in the screenplay is the original Other (White Walker), the beginning before the Wall was built.  

That is not claimed in the show at all. The scene shows Leaf inserting obsidian into a man, whose eyes turn blue. It doesn't say when it happened. Since Leaf isn't 8 thousand years old it obviously was a recent event. There is nothing to say that the current white walkers are the original white walkers. If the children made them thousands of years ago, then they disappeared until now, it stands to reason that they have not been around all that time, and that Leaf made a second crop in the last 20 years or so. That would be the reasonable conclusion.

The book refers to a character called the "Night's King" who lived thousands of years ago. The current character is called the "Night King", who is completely different. Don't conflate the two.

Remember, there were half a dozen kings beyond the wall, and they were not all Mance Rayder.

2 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

When Sansa was talking about her aunt Lyanna with LF in the crypts, he seemed to know more than what she thought she knew... When she said "and then he raped her and killed her..." He had that look like "You Know Nothing"... The kind of look Lord Smalljon Umber had when Ramsey said that his father was killed by an enemy... Obviously, Umber knew he was lying so he just nod his head like "yeah yeah whatever"

He doesn't know anything, he just doesn't believe the story that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, because that is not the story that almost everyone in the kingdom believes. The "kidnapped and raped" was pretty much Robert's version, but no one else (except Sansa, apparently) thinks that is what happened. They all know she ran off with Rhaegar willingly. It is not clear why Sansa would even think that because Ned himself apparently doesn't.

The look he gave her was one of "you are so naïve and gullible it boggles the mind!".

2 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Maybe when Daenerys comes with her Dragons and Jon loses Ghost and replaces him with a dragon... I mean he won't just wake up and say I want a dragon DANY... 

what if he meets Daenerys so he can bend the knee? And he refuses... So Dany decides to threaten him with the dragons and says 'Dracarys' but they don't obey...? Like they can feel something about him that is related to themselves? I don't know... That would be boring af... Or what if as soon as Jon meets the dragons they become agitated? 

I say that because I read something like Jon will have to lose Ghost to get rid of his Stark link (sigil) to bond with a dragon as a true Targaryen... 

Why would he need to lose Ghost just because his sperm donor was Rhaegar? He is still a Stark.

Archived