Sansa is obnoxious

On 6/20/2016 at 9:01 AM, Sand11751 said:

Yeah, because everybody always takes Sansa so seriously. If she'd just opened up her big fat mouth a little wider, surely Jon would have listened to, "I've got a couple thousand knights in the Vale who'll help us! I don't know when they'll show up, but if we just sit around and wait, they'll come. I know they will. And surely when Ramsay sees this happening and knows we now outnumber his forces, he won't hid out in Winterfell so we have to deal with a never-ending siege."

By the old gods and the new, the Sansa hate is real.

It never ends. It's getting real tiring to be honest. 

16 hours ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

Sansa has degraded to a hideously cold and obnoxious cow, As most people have pointed out, simply from her lack of reaction at seeing her dead brothers body and instead giving Jon a cold look and whinging to see Ramsay.

As well as this, whatever her reason was for holding out on the Vale Ex Machina to Jon, finally after the battle is won, not even a respectful glance at Jon for going through hell during the battle. Please kill her off, please....

No, she doesn't deserve to be killed off. 

4 minutes ago, Sansa's lemon cakes said:

It never ends. It's getting real tiring to be honest. 

Don't take it personally against book Sansa. Show Sansa, and pretty much every other character has had their IQ and I suppose morality lowered by about 50 points.

Just now, tallTale said:

Don't take it personally against book Sansa. Show Sansa, and pretty much every other character has had their IQ lowered by about 50 points.

I am trying to not take it personally and lash out at people here since I got suspended twice while reacting to Sansa hate. It's just hard seeing all the hate spewed. 

On 6/20/2016 at 9:01 AM, Sand11751 said:

Yeah, because everybody always takes Sansa so seriously. If she'd just opened up her big fat mouth a little wider, surely Jon would have listened to, "I've got a couple thousand knights in the Vale who'll help us! I don't know when they'll show up, but if we just sit around and wait, they'll come. I know they will. And surely when Ramsay sees this happening and knows we now outnumber his forces, he won't hid out in Winterfell so we have to deal with a never-ending siege."

By the old gods and the new, the Sansa hate is real.

It wouldn't have fuel if Sansa had trusted her brother and told him.

If Jon choose not to believe Sansa and use this information as best as possible, that's on him.

But since Sansa choose not to say s$%^ for no good reason, this is completely on her. People are perfectly right to hate on Sansa for this move because it's unnecessary and it put Jon into a corner that he didn't have to be in.

I really thought when she said "Jon" at the end of the episode she was going to thank him. 

You know-- for putting his life on the line for her and her brother.

But nope. Just wanted to inquire about Ramsay. I guess that's what Boss Ass Bitches do.  

On 6/20/2016 at 5:30 PM, PirateVergo said:

Yep should totally have listened to battle genius Sansa Stark "not enough men" what a pathetic excuse, she gave him 0 reasons to wait, not enough men so what? Where was Jon going to find men? No other northern house was willing to follow him and the very smart Sansa didn't tell him about the Vale.

Also where is this bullshit fanfiction about Jon not listening/trustng Sansa's advices coming from? He did everything she told him to do : go see the northern lords and ask for their help, never did he neglect her or any of her ideas.

Sansa is a traitor, Littlefinger's little puppet, soon-to be his wife, she didn't do anything for her home, she almost got Jon killed because she's self-centered and only care about herself.

Sansa is NOT a traitor. She trusts a lot of the wrong people but she never did that in a calculated manner. I don't blame her for having trust issues after being abused so much but she does not deserve any of this hate spewed to her. 

2 minutes ago, Sansa's lemon cakes said:

Sansa is NOT a traitor. She trusts a lot of the wrong people but she never did that in a calculated manner. I don't blame her for having trust issues after being abused so much but she does not deserve any of this hate spewed to her. 

Please. She's a fictional character

Simmer down. 

In the end both Jon and Sansa made mistakes. Sansa with not trusting Jon and withholding information and Jon being dead-set on battling Ramsay even with his trap set and all. They were honestly both written horribly in this episode and it did a disservice to both of them as people. But yeah, Sansa and Jon do not deserve HATRED for this.

It really does seem like the "not enough men" thing was probing Jon to see if she thought he'd listen / be reasonable enough. I.e. if she could trust him with the information. He failed the bar she set there, so she played strategy around him instead.

So, have to disagree in that she did seem to be a bit calculating. But in a good way, imo.

On 6/20/2016 at 1:31 PM, Drogo_1 said:

Completely agree with you. Except you left out the cold callousness she displayed last episode. She has already totally written off rescuing her little brother. She does not get upset or mourn him at all on camera. She is standing next to his dead arrow riddled body and all she wants to do is have Jon tell her it's her turn to kill Ramsey. I never liked Sansa, but seeing her so indifferent to her murdered little brother made me wish for her to have a slow painful death.

I hope that she has a long, content, prosperous life to spite all of the unwarranted hatred she gets here. 

Most characters are obnoxious honestly, part of the beauty of Martin's characters is they aren't a bunch of saints and D&D have even managed to make some of Martin's more white characters more "obnoxious"(Brienne)

Just now, Boarsbane said:

Most characters are obnoxious honestly, part of the beauty of Martin's characters are they aren't a bunch of saints and D&D have even managed to make some of Martin's more white characters more "obnoxious"(Brienne)

This, really. I think that people treat Sansa as the punching bag for their frustrations with the characterization on the show of many people and also projecting the flaws of their faves onto her. Yes, Sansa has flaws. Jon has flaws, Tyrion has flaws, Cersei has flaws. It makes the characters so believable and compelling and human. 

Sansa is a joke. Jon directly asked her for her assistance. Why couldn't she say "The Vale army is encamped at Moat Caillin". Jon definitely would have used them as a surprise to take the Boltons in the rear. Better yet why not tell him when you first sent the letter???  They knew Ramsey would never leave Winterfell had he known the Vale troops were on Jon's side. So Jon could have tricked Ramsey into thinking he had a small force. The battle could have played out the same way with Jon baiting Ramsey into sending in his cavalry and infantry and then Sansa arrives with the Vale to seal Ramsey's doom.  This would have made both Sansa and Jon look heroic and smart and unified. But the show runners have been forcing shady, sneaky, and now all of a sudden smart Sansa down our throats because of the backlash they took for having her raped last season.  At the same time making the character, that Martin clearly showed them was very if not the most important character, dumb in his biggest moment on the show.  The moment they've said was "his" episode...  GTFOH with that foolishness. Hopefully they feel that all is forgiven with the rape last season and we can get these characters and the story back on track. Because the making Sansa the smart hero has taken the show off the rails. 

5 minutes ago, Sansa's lemon cakes said:

This, really. I think that people treat Sansa as the punching bag for their frustrations with the characterization on the show of many people and also projecting the flaws of their faves onto her. Yes, Sansa has flaws. Jon has flaws, Tyrion has flaws, Cersei has flaws. It makes the characters so believable and compelling and human. 

She has certainly gotten a lot of backlash this week, I think part of it is some people see her as a rival to Jon and not an ally anymore and maybe you're right that some motives are being projected onto her that aren't really there, which I blame the writers for. 

37 minutes ago, Sansa's lemon cakes said:

I hope that she has a long, content, prosperous life to spite all of the unwarranted hatred she gets here. 

There has always been a hardcore base that hates Sansa both book and show. I'm not one of them. In fact ASOIAF Sansa is one of my favorites.

Episode 9,however, certainly gave them something to complain about. And the fact of the matter is they are not wrong here. That is unfortunate. But, the criticisms are not invalid.

Her not telling Jon about the Vale forces was wrong. Her complaining that Jon didn't ask for her advice while at the same time withholding information from him was hypocritical on her part.

And then there were those goddamned smirks. During the battle she sits there and smirks while that butchery was going on. This not meant to be some kind of anti-war, kumbaya, peace, unicorns and rainbows sort of spiel here. Fact is that Ramsay needed to go. And Sansa had every right to hate him .There is no doubt about that. That said, what she was watching there was butchery. That wasn't anything to smirk about, no matter how clever she might have thought she was in that situation. It was pretty off putting, and when I saw it, I felt like, I wish one of my old DI's would have made a guest appearance and told her to wipe that goddamned smirk off her face. It was immature and undignified.

I want to like show!Sansa. But, if they keep writing her like they did in episode 9 it's going to be harder and harder for me to like her. I really hope her show characterization improves. I believe her book character will be different.

And just not to sound like a bitter Jon fanboy, yes Jon acted like an idiot here to. He should have gotten his ass back to his own lines after Rickon was dead. So Jon fucked up. But, Jon comes off here mostly as a well meaning idiot that wouldn't betray Sansa and is doing his best to do right by her and not trying to play some kind of "I have a secret" game with Sansa and doesn't seem to have some kind weird trust issues.

12 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

She has certainly gotten a lot of backlash this week, I think part of it is some people see her as a rival to Jon and not an ally anymore and maybe you're right that some motives are being projected onto her that aren't really there, which I blame the writers for. 

D&D do not know how to write her; I mean they went on about the "Women coming out on top" and it is so cringe-worthy. I just want good writing, not some contrite girl-power and poor writing. I do not blame Kit and Sophie for the material they were given. 

Archived