I have a theory about Rob's heir [book spoilers]

ginny11

Cat and Rob had a scene in his tent back in like season three where i remember Cat saying anyone but him.  IMO she is talking about Jon and she is all worked up about him naming Jon instead of one of her children.  Robb knew none of the other children had the ability to win a war and safeguard their house other than Robb.  Scarily, I think we are dependant on Howland Reed for the will bomb to drop. 

It sucks because:

Howland Reed<------------F&CK THIS GUY

1 hour ago, JonSnowed said:

I don't think we will get a will, the scene with Jon and Mel is set-up for him being announced king in the north in my view and there are spoilers out there which state how this happens in the final episode.

If R+L=J is true, and I believe it is, then doesn't that make Jon legitimate and the heir to Winterfell with Rob and Rickon dead? Bran is meant for different things in the story so I'm excluding him.

Just now, rsx_titan said:

If R+L=J is true, and I believe it is, then doesn't that make Jon legitimate and the heir to Winterfell with Rob and Rickon dead? Bran is meant for different things in the story so I'm excluding him.

We do not have a clear picture of inheritance for House Stark.  We have a very clear picture of House Targaryen inheritance, which you might be thinking of.  It is possible that all of the siblings have rights, but Jon being a Targryen will trump them all, he can appoint whomever he wishes, after taking the title king. 

1 minute ago, MtnLion said:

We do not have a clear picture of inheritance for House Stark.  We have a very clear picture of House Targaryen inheritance, which you might be thinking of.  It is possible that all of the siblings have rights, but Jon being a Targryen will trump them all, he can appoint whomever he wishes, after taking the title king. 

You have Bran Stark. Cant get much clearer than that.

Just now, White Harbors Wrath said:

You have Bran Stark. Cant get much clearer than that.

Yes, but at present, Jon and Sansa don't believe that he or Arya are alive.  I was addressing the possible view that we have only Jon and Sansa as possible inheritors, and since Jon is legitmate and Lyanna's son, a male preferential inheritance (like that Targaryen's) would put Jon ahead of Sansa. 

25 minutes ago, Lord of Nutella said:

What does rlj have to do with any of this? Right now, everyone thinks hes Neds bastard son, isnt that even better then Lyannas son, even if she married? Cuz u know, that way, hes a snow, which leaves room for flexibility, and the other way around, hes a  targ.

Because if R+L=J is true he's noble born and potentially heir to both Great houses.... It's widely considered a forgone conclusion that Jon's parentage comes up in episode 10.

Honestly, at this point, I don't think Sansa, John, etc really give a crap who is "the right heir".  Was Ramsey the heir to Winterfell?  No...he just took it by force.

John took back Winterfell and will be named the new King of the North...with no silly or crazy heir or social structure in place.  He'll be placed the King of the North simply because he earned it.

39 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Honestly, at this point, I don't think Sansa, John, etc really give a crap who is "the right heir".  Was Ramsey the heir to Winterfell?  No...he just took it by force.

John took back Winterfell and will be named the new King of the North...with no silly or crazy heir or social structure in place.  He'll be placed the King of the North simply because he earned it.

Thats a fair point considering the simplistic nature of the show. Didn't think about that.

2 hours ago, rsx_titan said:

No, it doesn't. If R+L=J is true, Sansa would be the heir, just as now when Jon is a bastard. A daughter of lord comes before a son of a lord's sister. The only way Jon would come before Sansa would be if Jon would be Ned's trueborn son or legitimated.

Just now, Nerevanin said:

No, it doesn't. If R+L=J is true, Sansa would be the heir, just as now when Jon is a bastard. A daughter of lord comes before a son of a lord's sister. The only way Jon would come before Sansa would be if Jon would be Ned's trueborn son or legitimated.

There were plenty of Noble houses in Europe that passed down title to the eldest surviving male heir. I'm curious to see how it plays out as either makes sense.

8 minutes ago, rsx_titan said:

There were plenty of Noble houses in Europe that passed down title to the eldest surviving male heir. I'm curious to see how it plays out as either makes sense.

Well, sure, anything can happen (especially with D&D in charge), I was just clarifying that claim. :)

2 hours ago, MtnLion said:

We do know from that one story the Wildlings told that the daughter of the Lord of Winterfell had a kid that was the next heir since the Lord had no other kids. Of course, that might have only been in the books and it was only a story and Sansa is actually the Lord of Winterfell's kid, so this was probably not helpful. 

1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

Yeah I don't think they'll be having lots of succession discussions. Jon technically took Winterfell, even if only because of LF and The Vale army. That will be enough. 

16 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Yes, this. Although I thought in this world that if there's a male heir anywhere it's preferred over female? That females only inherit if there's no possible male heir? Now I am confused and this was also not helpful. 

Archived