How did Sansa know the dogs hadn't been fed in 7 days?

14 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

He says it to her face in the parlay the day before the battle. 

"I haven't fed them for 7 days. I wonder what part of you they'll eat first? Your eyes? ......."

Did you miss that scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CPL3SDwTlQU#t=224

You may want to make sure you're correct in your assessment before asking someone else if they have "missed a scene". She had left when Ramsay said that. 

Seems to me as to getting the cages opened after you've drug Ramsay in there you just get at least two guys, start at the back, "go," they unlock all the cages working their way out, and close the gate we see Sansa through behind them. Add more guys depending on the agitation level of the dogs. It is not unreasonable to think the dogs are trained enough to not bolt out of the cage as soon as it is opened. Nothing fancy required. 

As to things missing and bad editing there seems to be something missing between Jon stopping beating Ramsay to death and Sansa needing to ask where he is with a cranky and petulant look and tone as though they were keeping her from him. I don't think with some of this we have so much a writing failure as a directing failure. 

I don't see why it isn't plausible that Jon would mention this to Sansa before she goes in to Ramsay.

Jon: He's all yours to do whatever you wish Sansa. Oh btw, Ramsay told me that his dogs are starved and haven't been fed in 7 days if you are looking for an idea.

Ok, this is why I'm not a screenwriter, but you get the idea. If my sister was raped and tortured by a maniac I'd be all over ideas on how she could torture him back in the most painful of ways.

7 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I did. I also went back and rewatched it, and you're right. She left before he said it. Yet, in my mind, because the event happened to people who all know each other, who probably spoke to each other after that scene, especially since Lady Mormont wouldn't have let that shit slide for a single moment, and would have told Sansa all the smack talk she missed.

So no, I had zero problem with it, and even had misremembered it, since that nit can only be seen by a electron microscope.

Why would Lyanna tell "Sandra" anything? Sansa came to the parlay only to threaten her ennemy, make a bitch face and leave before it ended. Its not badass, its pure moronism. Were I commander, it would have been the last parlay she takes part of. Lyanna is 10 times the officer Sansa think she is herself.

Only under an electron microscope? Because you haven't noticed yourself? Its a mistake by the show runners, an obvious one at that.

8 hours ago, YorEmixam said:

Why would Lyanna tell "Sandra" anything? Sansa came to the parlay only to threaten her ennemy, make a bitch face and leave before it ended. Its not badass, its pure moronism. Were I commander, it would have been the last parlay she takes part of. Lyanna is 10 times the officer Sansa think she is herself.

Only under an electron microscope? Because you haven't noticed yourself? Its a mistake by the show runners, an obvious one at that.

"Sandra"?

1 hour ago, ShadowKitteh said:

"Sandra"?

The name that Lyanna Mormont called Sansa to let her know that her throwing around the Stark name carried no weight. As in "who are you again?  Sansa Bolton?  Sansa Stark?  Fuck it I'll just call you 'Sandra'.  Now shut up and let the others talk..."

" How did Sansa know the dogs hadn't been fed in 7 days? "

I would hazard a guess that somebody told her.

People claiming this is a mistake by the writers are evidently far too biased against the writers to form reasonable opinions. There was absolutely no need to waste any of those 50 minutes to exposit who told Sansa about Ramsay's line about the dogs during the parlay.

Obviously someone could have told her. I Imagine the conversation like this:

Jon: I told you, you didn't have to come to the parley to meet Ramsey.

Sansa: I did have to come. I left when I couldn't take any more of his rambling.

J: I totally get it. So let me tell you all the threats he made after you decided you had heard enough.

S: Cool, I'm really interested in that. Please don't ommit any important details like exact numbers or sth.

D&D didn't have to show that conversation, even though it would have been great dialogue as always. It was obviously not a mistake.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:56 AM, Smoke317 said:

Cane Corso's are not dogs you want to play with. They're some serious killers.  Beautiful dogs. Damn near looked bigger than the direwolves. 

I certainly hope that their use on the show does not make them suddenly much more popular;  Cane Corsos are way too much serious dog for the average pet owner.  

I've read that Iwan Rheon (Ramsay) said that he was cautioned against staring at the dogs or touching them; and that he and the dog were not actually together in the same space.

While this error is a rather minor thing I do find it to be fairly frustrating as it could easily have been avoided all together with just some miniscule tweaking. Now they very clearly wanted to show Sansa angrily ride off and have her later feed Ramsey to his dogs. So either: A) Don’t have her storm off until this bit of dialogue about starving canines is said or (B) Have her say something like “I HEAR your dogs haven’t eaten in seven days.” Thus establishing that a conversation about this topic has taken place off-camera without having to dedicate time and resources to filming it.

Now all this may be nitpicking but there have been a lot of minor problems and continuity errors (the Bolton dogs disappearing, the Mountain’s head smash of the drunk guy and the scene with Cersei establishing it seemingly shown out of order on different episodes, Ramsey’s improbable long range archery accuracy, Littlefinger’s jetpack, Sand Snakes’ jetpacks, etc.) which, in and of themselves not that big of a deal/tolerable, start to become a very serious concern when weighed collectively.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the show by any means it’s just a tad annoying sometimes that they seemingly could be producing a far more enjoyable and coherent product with just a little bit more thought and attention to detail. Sorry, nitpick diatribe concluded.

Ramsey said they hadn't eaten in 7 days after she left the parlay. Sansa knew he said they hadn't eaten in 7 days at the end of the episode. Sansa is not a mind-reader, doesn't look into the fires like Mel and doesn't have super sensitive hearing. Therefore someone told her in between those times.

But you're right I wish they added a scene of parlay gossip and Sansa overhearing and I guess just remove the 15 minute battle and we should be good, run time and continuity wise.

1 hour ago, The Dames do Moan said:

Ramsey said they hadn't eaten in 7 days after she left the parlay. Sansa knew he said they hadn't eaten in 7 days at the end of the episode. Sansa is not a mind-reader, doesn't look into the fires like Mel and doesn't have super sensitive hearing. Therefore someone told her in between those times.

But you're right I wish they added a scene of parlay gossip and Sansa overhearing and I guess just remove the 15 minute battle and we should be good, run time and continuity wise.

Why? Because a few people can only accept the characters exist only when they're seen onscreen and do not exist or have a life if they're not actually in view, while most people don't have that issue, ever, with TV, Film, Books, or Plays/Ballet/Opera?

How did they handle Theon missing for two whole books?

39 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Why? Because a few people can only accept the characters exist only when they're seen onscreen and do not exist or have a life if they're not actually in view, while most people don't have that issue, ever, with TV, Film, Books, or Plays/Ballet/Opera?

I feel you but

On 20. 6. 2016 at 4:58 PM, Mordos_Kull said:

Sansa's line implied she was throwing Ramsay's own words back in his face. It's just another example of writers purposefully saying things they want the audience to remember, carelessly forgetting there is something called a "fourth wall".

I believe it was an (honest) mistake from writers part.

It wasn't hard to have her participating in the chat, hearing just that and only then storming off, but assuming that first thing Jon and Sansa casually talked about after the battle was about how he didn't feed his dogs for 7 days.. I don't know man, seems far fetched. In my opinion, if they conversed after the battle at all, they argued why the fuck hadn't she tell him about the Vale army.

6 hours ago, plastic throne said:

I feel you but

I believe it was an (honest) mistake from writers part.

It wasn't hard to have her participating in the chat, hearing just that and only then storming off, but assuming that first thing Jon and Sansa casually talked about after the battle was about how he didn't feed his dogs for 7 days.. I don't know man, seems far fetched. In my opinion, if they conversed after the battle at all, they argued why the fuck hadn't she tell him about the Vale army.

Sansa: WHERE IS HE.

CUT FROM SCENE:>

Jon: He told us his hounds couldn't wait to meet us, because he hadn't fed them in seven days. In the kennel. (smiles.)

[Sansa runs past Jon.]

<:CUT FROM SCENE

Cut to:

[INT. Kennel, night. Ramsay is sitting tied to a chair.....]

≠ Hard.

I honestly don't understand why everyone isn't asking WHAT DID JON SAY? As in, WHO EXACTLY put Ramsay in the kennels in the first place? To me, that's far more important than how Sansa knew what Ramsay said.

Or did your brain fill in that part, because Jon is the one he said it to?

Maybe it actually happened like I wrote above (which would be insanely awesome), and they thought the minor comedy of Jon smiling would spoil the payoff. 

12 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I felt like my post was very clearly sarcastic (they should add that scene of Dialoige and remove the battle and everyone'd be happy). But if not that apologies, I will try better next time.

• 5 months later...

Are you people high???  "Sansa was in EARSHOT from Ramsay Bolton"!!!  Have you ever left your moms basement?  Do you not know how loud a horse is when stampeding/galloping away?  Does Sansa now have superpowers/super hearing?  It was a horrible continuity error!  Also... who did unlock the dog kennels?!

Amazed Reader

Archived