Melisandre Vs Davos

Last episode Davos catched Shireen's Stag Toy he made her and deduced what happened with her

In the preview he is accusing Melisandre in front of Jon, which probably leads the situation into a scenario where Jon must decide to kill or not the woman who brought him back to life

What do you guys think will happen? Is Davos killing Mel? Is Jon condemming her? Will her real age have any role in how this scene unfolds?

I don't think Mel is long for this world. The show brilliantly led Davos to the truth about Shireen. Obviously he is going to bring that up in ep 10. I have a gut feeling that Jon will judge her guilty and order her death. This is where I put my tin foil on. I think she will then willingly play the part of Nissa Nissa and allow Jon to kill her with Longclaw/thereby changing it to
Lightbringer. At this point Dondarion and Thoros show up. Thoros takes Mel's place as the new head priest/drinker.

I'd like Davos to strangle Mel, like Stannis almost did in S2E10, but I suppose that that's not going to happen. Can you even strangle someone with missing fingerbones?

BTW, I'd really like to know how the toy survived the pyre because I was convinced that it was wooden.

54 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

BTW, I'd really like to know how the toy survived the pyre because I was convinced that it was wooden.

Parts of it had burned off. I think once she dropped it/it fell into the ash it was protected by the ash from everything except charring. 

And it has to be wood because if it was stone I don't know how the fire would have destroyed its legs and other parts of it???

2 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

Parts of it had burned off. I think once she dropped it/it fell into the ash it was protected by the ash from everything except charring. 

And it has to be wood because if it was stone I don't know how the fire would have destroyed its legs and other parts of it???

1 minute ago, Rumy Stark said:

(Also obviously the toy survived so Davos could find it, so the "how" is probably not on the forefront of the writers' minds) 

Well of couse it survived thanks to the script but simply doesn't make sense. How can a dry wood toy burn only partially? In a hot pyre? If the pyre is hot enough to burn a human, it can surely burn a wooden toy as well. The toy either burns, or it doesn't. If it is dropped into hot ash, will either burn completely or not burn at all. Rewatching the scene of Shireen's burning, she holds the toy even when she is tied to the pyre and when Melisandre sets it on fire. She stands in the middle of the pyre. Don't tell me that with tied hands and in the last seconds of her life, she throws the toy away in such a way that somehow it would fall in snow in such a way that only two legs of it or so are burned.

Just now, Nerevanin said:

Well of couse it survived thanks to the script but simply doesn't make sense. How can a dry wood toy burn only partially? In a hot pyre? If the pyre is hot enough to burn a human, it can surely burn a wooden toy as well. The toy either burns, or it doesn't. If it is dropped into hot ash, will either burn completely or not burn at all. Rewatching the scene of Shireen's burning, she holds the toy even when she is tied to the pyre and when Melisandre sets it on fire. She stands in the middle of the pyre. Don't tell me that with tied hands and in the last seconds of her life, she throws the toy away in such a way that somehow it would fall in snow in such a way that only two legs of it or so are burned.

Yeah no it makes no sense. I have nothing additional to offer, lol. Let it be known that I tried. ;) 

WHAT EVERYONE FORGETS:

Mel saved Davos from execution in season 3, and told Stannis "Davos has a powerful part to play in the war to come". So she could see Davos in the war but couldn't see him killing her?

Davos just said "the true war is in the north" to Lyanna in episode 8, which Melisandre could definitely help fight in given what he has seen her do.

What has she done? Oh. Make a shadow in front of his face. Resurrect his current leader.

If she does die it would not be in keeping with ANY logic, and would contradict Davos' entire ideology.

Davos story has ended and melisandre's is not, she have so much to do with the the prince that was promised plot, I think Jon will pardon her (after all, stannis, selyse and meli share the responsability), Davos will not like that, he will try to kill her, but she will throw a shadowbaby or some fireballs on his pathetic ass and kill him

8 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Didn't she drop it when she was first grabbed to be forced onto the pyre.

Also, I think Mel will be banished from Winterfell when Davos tells Jon what she did. After being banished Mel will go on her way and suddenly somehow run into Arya because Mel told Arya they would meet again.

This is how Mel will become Jon's Nissa Nissa. For some reason Jon will stab her with Longclaw and it will become lightbringer. This is how that begins. We won't see it this season (I don't think) but Davos will cause the issue which will, for whatever reason, cause Jon to kill her and thus he will gain lightbringer. 

I just don't see it happening this season since Mel stated she would see Arya again. I like Davos, I really do, but he is really blaming the wrong person here. Stannis made the decision and Stannis paid the price. The situation should be over. 

9 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

WHAT EVERYONE FORGETS:

Mel saved Davos from execution in season 3, and told Stannis "Davos has a powerful part to play in the war to come". So she could see Davos in the war but couldn't see him killing her?

Davos just said "the true war is in the north" to Lyanna in episode 8, which Melisandre could definitely help fight in given what he has seen her do.

What has she done? Oh. Make a shadow in front of his face. Resurrect his current leader.

If she does die it would not be in keeping with ANY logic, and would contradict Davos' entire ideology.

:agree: yup. she should not die. what  a waste of promise if so.

The show has turned into a PC/SJW shit show. There is zero chance that they will have Jon stab a woman. Maybe Davos tries and dies, but the current direction for the show is no more women being hurt. If you don't believe me, check out the stories about the X-men billboard. 

2 hours ago, dat one boy said:

Also, I think Mel will be banished from Winterfell when Davos tells Jon what she did. After being banished Mel will go on her way and suddenly somehow run into Arya because Mel told Arya they would meet again.

entirely rational and plausible ! :cheers:

4 hours ago, dat one boy said:

No, as I pointed out in my other post, in the scene of her burning, she holds the toy all the time, even when she is tied to the pyre and when Mel sets it on fire.

12 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

WHAT EVERYONE FORGETS:

Here we go again :D if Mel does not suffer any punishment (not necessarily death), THAT would 150% contradict Davos' entire ideology.

Remember why he admired Stannis? Cause he was just.

Remember how did Davos come to the conclusion that Stannis is just? He cut Davos' fingers for being a smuggler, even though his smugglin' skills saved Stannis' life. This single story defines Davos and his approach to justice. Why would he think Mel's act of resurrecting Jon has anything at all to do with the fate of Shireen? Or saving Davos? The crime deserves a punishment in the eyes of Davos and no good deeds done for others bring Shireen back, or nullify that punishment.

Archived